Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Is Lord Herbert 2017's biggest porkie-teller?

Yes    
  4 (50.0%)
No    
  4 (50.0%)
Lord Who?    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 8
« Created by: greggerypeccary on: Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:00pm »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Is this another Abo Gets out of Jail Free card? (Read 5661 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Is this another Abo Gets out of Jail Free card?
Reply #120 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 8:51am

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 8:39am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 8:16am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 7:34am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 6:28am:
So a guilty plea of rape isn't enough for some. They need the intricate details for satisfaction. Hmmm.
HE PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE . RAPE!!!!

It doesn't say that in the article.

Ok I stand corrected.

"55-year-old man from Dubbo, whose identity has been suppressed, pleaded guilty this year to 10 counts of historic sex crimes involving two girls, aged eight and 10, from 1980 to 1987,"

Historic sex crimes with 2 girls aged 8 and 10.
For starters sex crimes involving kids at any age under the age of legal concent is pedophilia. Agreed???
Historic sex crimes are because they happened back in the 80's. Cold case. Agreed???
Regardless they are sex crimes obviously against our laws. Agreed???
If he showed them his penis, it's against our laws. Agreed???
If he fiddles with them, it's against our laws. Agreed???
Even showing them sexual content is against the law. Agreed???

So this pedophile pleaded guilty to 10 counts and has been pardoned due to his ill health which I am going to assume is his own fault and he is in danger of being ruffed up by other inmates. Cry me a river.

He was ok to commit crimes against the minors which he would have known was wrong (99% of people know right from wrong). The victims have lived with this for a substancial time. It will never go away for them yet this parasite is pretry much let off. The system is failing when the criminal is considered above the victim. The criminal made the decision to do what he did. The girls had no choice but to be subject to this pedos actions.

I have no sympathy for pedos. I will not show sympathy for them. Hang them high and stone them to death. They deserve it.

So, you don't actually know what he was convicted of.

That's all you had to say.

Quote:
He wasn't convicted was he?
He was let off due to his ill health and fear of being ruffed up as far as the article reads. He pleaded guilty to sex crimes but was let off.
No conviction mentioned.

He pleaded guilty, so a conviction was recorded. But I'm curious.

What did he do?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 1:25pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/dubbo-paedophile-accused-of-abusing-m...

The Director of Public Prosecutions is investigating an appeal on the case and will also attempt to lift a non-publication order on the predator’s name after The Daily Telegraph exposed the case yesterday.

I would post the lot   but I dont think anyone reads what is says..

only what they think it says.. so I wont waste my times boys?>.

hummm new laws coming in next year   

no more suspended sentencing in child abuse cases... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..... well done.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 1:26pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 8:51am:

What did he do?

nuffink karnel go back to sleep boy.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:11pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 8:51am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 8:39am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 8:16am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 7:34am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 6:28am:
So a guilty plea of rape isn't enough for some. They need the intricate details for satisfaction. Hmmm.
HE PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE . RAPE!!!!

It doesn't say that in the article.

Ok I stand corrected.

"55-year-old man from Dubbo, whose identity has been suppressed, pleaded guilty this year to 10 counts of historic sex crimes involving two girls, aged eight and 10, from 1980 to 1987,"

Historic sex crimes with 2 girls aged 8 and 10.
For starters sex crimes involving kids at any age under the age of legal concent is pedophilia. Agreed???
Historic sex crimes are because they happened back in the 80's. Cold case. Agreed???
Regardless they are sex crimes obviously against our laws. Agreed???
If he showed them his penis, it's against our laws. Agreed???
If he fiddles with them, it's against our laws. Agreed???
Even showing them sexual content is against the law. Agreed???

So this pedophile pleaded guilty to 10 counts and has been pardoned due to his ill health which I am going to assume is his own fault and he is in danger of being ruffed up by other inmates. Cry me a river.

He was ok to commit crimes against the minors which he would have known was wrong (99% of people know right from wrong). The victims have lived with this for a substancial time. It will never go away for them yet this parasite is pretry much let off. The system is failing when the criminal is considered above the victim. The criminal made the decision to do what he did. The girls had no choice but to be subject to this pedos actions.

I have no sympathy for pedos. I will not show sympathy for them. Hang them high and stone them to death. They deserve it.

So, you don't actually know what he was convicted of.

That's all you had to say.

Quote:
He wasn't convicted was he?
He was let off due to his ill health and fear of being ruffed up as far as the article reads. He pleaded guilty to sex crimes but was let off.
No conviction mentioned.

What did he do?

Sex crimes with underage children. 10 counts. Can't you read?

You want to know the specifics then go to the freedom of information and ask them. I would say the exact details you so wish to know are being witheld along with his name.

IMO you are pretty messed up wanting to know exactly what went on. Sex crimes is an umbrella, let your sick imagination run wild with everything that can fall under that umbrella and you have your answer.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #124 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:26pm

This is all I can see on specific offences.

"In one case, when the victim was nine and he was 19, he forced her to perform oral sex. He also raped the same victim at an orchard when she was 14.

The other victim was just 11 when TM started taking her into a back room at the church. On two occasions he attempted to rape her. The crimes had a combined maximum jail sentence of 54 years at the time they were committed but District Court Judge John North decided to impose a suspended sentence of just two years."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:39pm

Alinta wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:26pm:

"In one case, when the victim was nine and he was 19, he forced her to perform oral sex. He also raped the same victim at an orchard when she was 14.

The other victim was just 11 when TM started taking her into a back room at the church. On two occasions he attempted to rape her. The crimes had a combined maximum jail sentence of 54 years at the time they were committed but District Court Judge John North decided to impose a suspended sentence of just two years."

alinta    they are stretching it out.... they have a need to be noticed...they have had it all explained to them...

the magic word is...

convicted!!!...

he pleaded guilty  doesnt that mean he is automatically convicted..... just no jail time in this case.......

the boys are just busy sending another thread to the trash bin   I believe herb has restarted it in his cats forum... if you want to talk sense...

if not stick with the boys...I am sure it will be very entertaining..

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:40pm

cods wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 1:25pm:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/dubbo-paedophile-accused-of-abusing-m...

The Director of Public Prosecutions is investigating an appeal on the case and will also attempt to lift a non-publication order on the predator’s name after The Daily Telegraph exposed the case yesterday.

no more suspended sentencing in child abuse cases... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..... well done.

I'd read it, dear. I've been asking what he's done for the whole thread. Why don't you cut and paste your paywalled article so we can all see it?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:42pm

Thanks, Alinta. You're the first to post some details. Where did you get this from?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:44pm

cods wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:39pm:

alinta    they are stretching it out.... they have a need to be noticed...they have had it all explained to them...

the magic word is...

convicted!!!...

he pleaded guilty  doesnt that mean he is automatically convicted.....

Er, in a criminal case, it does.

So far, you haven't explained anything. Have you read the Tele article you linked?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:45pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:40pm:
cods wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 1:25pm:

I'd read it, dear. I've been asking what he's done for the whole thread. Why don't you cut and paste your paywalled article so we can all see it?

I have pet... maybe spec savers they have a special on.. Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #130 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:48pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:42pm:

Thanks, Alinta. You're the first to post some details. Where did you get this from?

A link within the link Cods posted.  C & P in case it was a paywalled article.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:53pm

Alinta wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:48pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 2:42pm:

A link within the link Cods posted.  C & P in case it was a paywalled article.

Can you c & P this? It's paywalled.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #132 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 3:04pm

Paedophile spared jail time after pleading guilty to historic child sex crimes against two girls in Dubbo
EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
November 20, 2017 12:00am
Subscriber only
A PAEDOPHILE who raped and abused young girls at his church has avoided jail as a judge granted him leniency for a series of bizarre reasons — including his high cholesterol, how the case had caused him trouble sleeping and that his farm had once gone through drought.

Other factors that prevented his incarceration included that he would be “vulnerable to abuse” in prison and had never participated in sex education at school.

And the 55-year-old Dubbo man can be known only as TM because his identity is protected by a non-publication order.

Even his victims are being stopped from speaking out despite their fears children are still at risk because the man doesn’t have a supervision order as part of his suspended sentence. Bizarrely­, the suppression orders were requested by authorities.

Attorney-General Mark Speakman was last night demanding the Director of Public Prosecutions urgently brief him on the case after The Daily Telegraph unearthed the shocking findings, which have been kept secret since June. Mr Speakman also asked the Police Commissioner to investigate.

It can today be revealed that TM pleaded guilty to 10 counts of historic child sex crimes from 1980-87 on two girls who were aged 8 and 10 at the time the abuse started. TM was aged 19 to 26 and had access to the children through the religious group he belonged to. This group can also not be named.

In one case, when the victim was nine and he was 19, he forced her to perform oral sex. He also raped the same victim at an orchard when she was 14.

The other victim was just 11 when TM started taking her into a back room at the church. On two occasions he attempted to rape her. The crimes had a combined maximum jail sentence of 54 years at the time they were committed but District Court Judge John North decided to impose a suspended sentence of just two years.

One of the reasons for giving TM a suspended sentence was his high cholesterol.
Judge North claimed TM had led “an exemplary life” after the six years he spent abusing children and was entitled to a discount based on “good character”.

He said he accepted TM was “naive” and “totally inexperienced” because he had never undergone sex education at school.

The judge also said TM was a “farmer grazier” and “integral to the continuation of the business”, and that “between 2002 and 2012 the property suffered from considerable drought”. “His preoccupation with these unresolved manners has heavily distracted from his sleep,” he added.

Judge North also said TM would “be treated as a serious sex offender in custody” and would “have to spend a considerable time in isolation”. TM also suffered from type two diabetes­ ­and high cholesterol.

One victim, who cannot be identified, said the sentence was a “slap in the face”.

She said she had not wanted a non-publication order on his or her name and was upset the decision­ was made without consulting her. “I want to speak out to warn others,” she said. “I’m very concerned he is still accessing children in the church.”

The other victim, who also cannot be named, said she also told the DPP she did not want a non-publication order.

One of the victims of TM who was abused in Dubbo.
“I’m not ashamed about what happened to me,” she said. “They said it was for our protection but ... the only person it’s protecting is him.”

Both women have been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress.

DPP spokeswoman Anna Cooper said the case was being reviewed. Opposition Attorney­-General Paul Lynch said suppressing victims’ names against their wishes was “fundamentally wrong”.

WHY THE JUDGE DIDN’T IMPRISON PAEDOPHILE:

HIS FARM HAD A DROUGHT

“As a farmer grazier I accept he is integral to the continuation of the business and that his properties cannot operate effectively without him. I also accept that between 2002 and 2012, the property suffered considerably from drought.”

TBC

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #133 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 3:06pm

HE NEVER TOOK SEX EDUCATION AT SCHOOL

“His mother refused to allow his participation in sex education at school. I am willing to accept that the offender was naive and totally inexperienced and therefore a significant age gap is not quite as important”.

HE COULD BE ABUSED IN PRISON

“He would be treated as a serious sex offender in custody, and I accept that he would have to spend a considerable time in protective custody, or indeed, in isolation. Given his age and background and the nature of the offences, he would be vulnerable to abuse.

HE HAS HIGH CHOLESTEROL

“He has diabetes type 2, hypercholesterolemia and chronic kidney disease. Whilst these things can be treated in prison, they will no doubt be quite difficult to adequately manage.”

HE HAS BEEN HAVING TROUBLE SLEEPING

“His preoccupation with these unresolved matters has heavily distracted from sleep and his ability to function effectively.”

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 3:08pm

Thank you!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print