Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
WW3 (the calm before the storm) (Read 1133 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: WW3 (the calm before the storm)
Reply #15 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 9:34pm

This is Vladivostok in general these days. A rusted out, disused empty ghostyard of a once powerful USSR.
It's much the same for most of Russia. A Russia that is half as powerful as that of its USSR past.
Besides a nation of social apathy, neglect, gangs, crime, drugs, alcohol and more. Russia's main power base is in West Russia. The Satellite States of the former USSR black-market off much of the USSR armaments.
You can buy a nuke at Tadjickistan.

The world was on the brink of a possible USSR v USA all out Thermonuclear war (with more warheads than there are today) - it was a very real possibility.
Then, for some reason - it didn't happen and the 'futility' of that confrontation came forth.

Since then, Russia has slowly 'rusted'. A shadow of its former glory. Only riding on 'past' reputation.
China would 'smash' Russia today.
Especially when China's main military factor is 'ground-based Troops'. It makes more sense to invade Russia than to swim across the sea against the USA - which has a superior Navy & Air Force.

Remember - many high ranking Military people and Politicians actually believed that the entire Northern Hemisphere should be 'All White' like some Yin/Yang and the Yellow people to be kicked south out of Asia and Brown people exiled from the Middle-East like some great successful crusade.
Don't laugh - they believed it as much as Hitler believed his version of the 'Master Plan'.

But if anyone knows DNA and cellular activity - the Yin/Yang concept would be a flawed act of 'human' evolution only designed for 'simple' primatives who can only see in 'black or white'.

Vladivostok - just another ghost from the past.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: WW3 (the calm before the storm)
Reply #16 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 11:08pm

May I add that the eastern half of what they call Russia, is not really Russia. It is a collection of colonies left over from former eras of Russian power. It was not really powerful in that region, it just did not have any actual opponents. Take for example the Russo-Japanese War of 1904. The Russians collapsed. Their Soviet power was brief, only of any strength from 1940 to 1980. It was at the price of everything else in their society. But I don't think they are quite as weak today, as you make out.

Ironcally, that is what the US Republicans want to do today; increase the military at the expense of everything else. Dumb sh1tz will have to learn the hard way.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print