Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
First Reddit, now Twitter .. look out FD (Read 3337 times)
Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Re: First Reddit, now Twitter .. look out FD
Reply #15 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 3:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 3:40pm:
Dr Mengele wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
We can't and won't be silenced.

Oh and Stormfront is back online too...you lose commies.  Grin

No one wants to silence you.  You're too silly for that.  Why don't you trot off to Stormfront where your silliness will be appreciated much more?   Roll Eyes

I post on both forums, because I'm welcome on both.  Cool

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 3:45pm

Dr Mengele wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 2:30pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 2:29pm:
Give it up mothra, FD loves and protects his white nationalists and Anti muslim activists

Correct, this forum belongs to us. The lefties keep getting banned..  Grin Grin

Quite right, Doctor. They'll be dealt with in the fullness of time, no?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 4:40pm

Cyberracism Home
Racial Vilification Law in Australia

1. Racial Hatred Defined
2. Complaints to the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission
3. Relevant Federal Cases
4. Other Criminal and Civil Legislation on Racial Vilification

This paper outlines what constitutes racial hatred under the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 and provides an overview of the complaints process of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission (HREOC). It also briefly outlines two cases of significance to the regulation of race hate on the Internet: Jones v Toben [1] and Dow Jones Company Inc v Gutnick. [2] The relevant state and territory provisions on racial vilification, including criminal sanctions, are also outlined.

1. Racial Hatred Defined

Since the introduction of provisions dealing with racial hatred in 1995, [3] the Racial Discrimination Act makes it unlawful to insult, humiliate, offend or intimidate another person or group in public on the basis of their race. Specifically, the Act states:

It is unlawful for a person to do an act, otherwise than in private, if:
(a) the act is reasonably likely in all the circumstances to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or group of people, and
(b) the act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the other person or some or all of the people in the group. [4]

A variety of acts can constitute racial hatred, including speaking, singing and making gestures in public, as well as drawings, images, and written publications such as newspapers, leaflets and websites.

There are three essential components of this unlawful conduct:

1) The act must be done in public;
2) It must be reasonably likely to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate the people against whom it is directed; and
3) It must be done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the group against whom it is directed.

These elements are considered individually below. It should be noted that some public acts are exempt from the provisions. The exemptions are outlined later in this section.

1) The act is done "otherwise than in private"

The legislation requires that the act be done "otherwise than in private". Words, sounds, images or writing communicated to the public are acts done 'otherwise than in private'. [5] As the Internet is one means by which words, sounds, images and writing are communicated to the public, the legislation clearly applies to this medium. In addition, any act done in a public place or within sight or hearing of people who are in a public place is an act done 'otherwise than in private'. [6] A public place is defined by the Act as "any place to which the public have access as of right or by invitation, whether express or implied and whether or not a charge is made for admission". [7] Consequently, in addition to the Internet, the legislation applies to behaviour in shops, pubs, streets, talkback radio, workplaces, public transport, sporting arenas and parks.

Conversely, if the act happens in private, for example, as part of a private telephone conversation or in a private place, such as a person's home, it is not unlawful. [8]

2) The act is reasonably likely to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate

The victim's perspective is the measure of whether an act is likely to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate. For example, if derogatory comments are made against Indigenous people, the central question to ask is whether those comments are likely to offend or intimidate an Indigenous person or group, not whether they have this effect upon a non-Indigenous person.

At the same time, the victim's response to the words or image must be reasonable. That is, the "yardstick should not be a person peculiarly susceptible to being roused to enmity, nor one who takes an irrational or extremist view of relations among racial groups." [9] This is called the 'reasonable victim' test. [10] The 'reasonable victim' test allows the standards of the dominant class to be challenged by ensuring cultural sensitivity when deciding the types of comments that are considered offensive. [11]

3) The act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the group

The conduct must be racially-based in order for it to be covered by the legislation. There might be several reasons for an offensive communication and, in such cases, it is only necessary that one of these reasons be race, colour or national or ethnic origin. [12]

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/publications/racial-vilification-law-australia

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:15pm

wouldnt someone have to report fd and or ozpol to the powers that be for racism??.....

fd does this mean no more Islam boards  and of course no more Religious aka CHristianity boards..

what next   no one speak about political parties only in  finger language...

will someone tell karnel not to use expressions like nig nog...thank you....

I am sure we can find the word HATE being misused as well while we are here.. Angry

perhaps some would like to keep that in mind when they are pointing out others failures.

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #19 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:19pm

Oh look the lefties are citing racial vilification laws again.  Cheesy

Gweggy already tried to have me arrested for that and failed dismally.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:42pm by Dr Mengele »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:19pm

cods wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:15pm:
wouldnt someone have to report fd and or ozpol to the powers that be for racism??.....

fd does this mean no more Islam boards  and of course no more Religious aka CHristianity boards..

what next   no one speak about political parties only in  finger language...

will someone tell karnel not to use expressions like nig nog...thank you....

I am sure we can find the word HATE being misused as well while we are here.. Angry

perhaps some would like to keep that in mind when they are pointing out others failures.

Excuse me, dear, are you denying my right to express myself?

What about your own right to promote white supremacy in the Nig Nog thread?

Please explain.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:22pm

Dr Mengele wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:19pm:
Oh look the lefties are citing racial vilification laws again.  Cheesy

Gweggy already tried to have me arrested for that failed dismally.

Your Aryan credentials are fully above board, Doctor. You should have nothing to worry about.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:35pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 12:58pm:
I anticipate that any requests to clamp down on the daily racist, neo-nazi hate-mongering that has come to dominate this board - will be met by FD quite seriously asking if quoting the Quran should also be banned.

Would you or little pecca,Mothra or John be happy if we chopped the heads off those who dare to criticise Islam just like the Saudis do or should we follow Irans example in hanging blasphemers?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:39pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:35pm:
Would you or little pecca,Mothra or John be happy if we chopped the heads off those who dare to criticise Islam just like the Saudis do or should we follow Irans example in hanging blasphemers?

I can't speak for the others but hanging you will do me.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:40pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:39pm:

They say the orgasms are fabulous.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:40pm

I think FD should cop a months ban .. with no reason given Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:41pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:40pm:

They say the orgasms are fabulous.

Maybe Baron can confirm that for us?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:41pm

oooo nice one john  mother will love you for that one..

so glad your not speaking for me..

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:42pm

The Saudis use beheading to cure Islamophobia, Iran hangs Islamophobes.

This is the religion apologists like you stick up for when hurling the Islamophobe slur.

Of course if the Christians started executing blasphemers you would be butthurt with outrage.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #29 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:44pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
I think FD should cop a months ban .. with no reason given Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Are you STILL mad about that?

Perhaps lefties aren't wanted here?  Undecided

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print