Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
400 mill payed for a painting of a loser (Read 2479 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: 400 mill payed for a painting of a loser
Reply #30 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:28am

aquascoot wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 6:28am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 11:08am:
Did anyone see the auction on ABC TV for the auction of a Davinci painting of the worlds biggest loser ?

worlds biggest loser ??

thats not really accurate.

why, some 2000 years since his death, does he still have such influence?
and , in areas like singapore, hong kong, china and even russia , where christianity is booming?

Nail, for a story to remain in the mainstream for that long , there usually has to be some underlying "truth" to the story.

even a "fairy tale" has to contain a truth or it wont resonate and it will die.

"beauty and the beast" is the truth that most women fantasise about getting a really wild man and taming him (they dont want a wimp).
"sleeping beauty" is the truth that whne you dont expose yourself to the wicked witch and you are naive, then the smallest injury (a pin prick) will lead you to have a meltdown.
"peter pan" is the truth that when we dont want to grow up and take responsibility for ourselves we end up swallowed by the crocodile.

frozen and finding nemo are sort of propaganda and they will be gone in 20 years , but the immortals live on.

why does the story of jesus live on?
because it contains a basic truth that many people just arent up to facing.

you are going to die and you are going to suffer.
you can laugh at it if you want, you can resent it, you can pretend it wont happen to you, but deep down every human knows that there is going to be tragedy in their lives and they are going to die alone.
and only in understanding and accepting and embracing this FACT can you transcend this fact.

so you and gweg can deny it all you like , but tragedy, suffering and pain will find a way to your door and i dont think you will be sniggering quite so much then.
better to practice "bearing your cross" every day.
then you will have built the resilience to cope  Wink

Quote:
............... why does the story of jesus live on? .............

What if, it were not 'just a story' ?
What if, Jesus is real ?

That would explain why many people say 'Jesus changed my life.'

It'ld explain why He still has so much influence.
It'ld explain why Christianity is expanding in China, Singapore.
It'ld explain why people risk their lives to take Christianity to countries where it is banned.
It'ld explain why The Bible is the worlds best selling book and has been for decades.

If Jesus is real  .......... it explains many things.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:28am

Anyone buy one of those crap paintings from that junkie Brett Whitely?

As for Leonardo DaVinci and his 'Gay Jesus' painting.
Well Leonardo loved the little boys often.

Kinda sums up 'White Men' - their entire cultural history is based upon Gayness.  Grin Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:32am

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:36am

cods wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 6:41am:
why would you have a discussion with people like this aqua......who can only see ugly in everything.. never a positive never a good word  always bleak always negative..always lefties...

Here you go being negative again cods. Never a good word, never something positive to say. Always looking for the ugly in things.  Typical negative retards.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:38am

aquascoot wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 6:59am:
Gnads wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 6:55am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 11:45pm:
'If you're so smart, how come you ain't rich ? '

Whoever has $400A Million to spend on a painting ........... they are very smart.

They see more than a 'painting.'
It means more to them that any 'painting.'

Well done on them.

It's absolutely obscene that nearly half a billion dollars was spent on this painting.

Not that it isn't a great piece.

If one person has this sort wealth to spend on art it shows what's wrong in our world today.

rembrandts picture of the flowers went for a similar ammount from memory. i like flowers but thats not the point.
you arent supposed to understand art with your logical brain.
art is to culture what a dream is the sleeping mind.
its real but its not in the logical realm. thats why the great artists have art that cant really be explained.

why do 100's of millions of people queue to see the mona lisa?  because it speaks at a level beyond this world

I wasn't knocking the art or this piece. I think the works that DaVinci and Michael Angelo did were truely
amazing in their detail.

But to me the price is even more amazing albeit obscene.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:42am

Pity the Art world.
Stuck in the past via European Art.
Stuck with stupidity via Namerican Art.

...the World is waiting for Australia to rise as the future new 'powerhouse' of Art. Looking at Australia's state of Politics, it wouldn't be hard to see Art being the success story of the country.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:46am

Obviously not going by your critique of Brett Whitely Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:59am

Jesus replaced by sausage roll.

Who would do such a thing?

"Greggs, a large UK bakery chain, released the images as part of a promotion for their advent calendar, which contains a voucher for each day in the lead up to Christmas."

Shocked

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:08am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:28am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 11:08am:
Did anyone see the auction on ABC TV for the auction of a Davinci painting of the worlds biggest loser ?

worlds biggest loser ??

thats not really accurate.

why, some 2000 years since his death, does he still have such influence?
and , in areas like singapore, hong kong, china and even russia , where christianity is booming?

Nail, for a story to remain in the mainstream for that long , there usually has to be some underlying "truth" to the story.

even a "fairy tale" has to contain a truth or it wont resonate and it will die.

"beauty and the beast" is the truth that most women fantasise about getting a really wild man and taming him (they dont want a wimp).
"sleeping beauty" is the truth that whne you dont expose yourself to the wicked witch and you are naive, then the smallest injury (a pin prick) will lead you to have a meltdown.
"peter pan" is the truth that when we dont want to grow up and take responsibility for ourselves we end up swallowed by the crocodile.

frozen and finding nemo are sort of propaganda and they will be gone in 20 years , but the immortals live on.

why does the story of jesus live on?
because it contains a basic truth that many people just arent up to facing.

you are going to die and you are going to suffer.
you can laugh at it if you want, you can resent it, you can pretend it wont happen to you, but deep down every human knows that there is going to be tragedy in their lives and they are going to die alone.
and only in understanding and accepting and embracing this FACT can you transcend this fact.

so you and gweg can deny it all you like , but tragedy, suffering and pain will find a way to your door and i dont think you will be sniggering quite so much then.
better to practice "bearing your cross" every day.
then you will have built the resilience to cope  Wink

Quote:
............... why does the story of jesus live on? .............

What if, it were not 'just a story' ?
What if, Jesus is real ?

That would explain why many people say 'Jesus changed my life.'

It'ld explain why He still has so much influence.
It'ld explain why Christianity is expanding in China, Singapore.
It'ld explain why people risk their lives to take Christianity to countries where it is banned.
It'ld explain why The Bible is the worlds best selling book and has been for decades.

If Jesus is real  .......... it explains many things.

Sprint, even if you just decide as a secular human being to use the bible as a self help book, you'll get a lot out of it.

the basic message from both the bible and from the buddha is that "life is suffering".

i think a lot of people dont want to hear that.
especially a lot of lefties think that we can create utopia here on earth.

sorry, you cant.

and then they get bitter about that and resentful and even they get nihilistic. they get depressed by this existential truth.

well, why not devote yourself to reducing human suffering and carry your dammed cross and stop the belly aching.
theres something noble in that.
theres something glorious in going thru tragedy and staying the course.

the modern group think is that every tragedy needs to be blamed on someone and that it shouldnt have happened.
but thats just not true.

you cant run away from that.
you have to accept that YOU are going to get your fair share of tragedy and YOU can either rise above it (the example of jesus) or you can become a victim to it (the example of the modern aethiest leftie who sees all suffering as someone being "victimised").

they simply are not accepting the truth.

i am the way , the TRUTH and the life.

its true brother.  refuse to accept it and i promise your suffering and the suffering of those around you will increase

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:43am

Jasin wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:28am:
Anyone buy one of those crap paintings from that junkie Brett Whitely?

As for Leonardo DaVinci and his 'Gay Jesus' painting.
Well Leonardo loved the little boys often.

Kinda sums up 'White Men' - their entire cultural history is based upon Gayness.  Grin Grin Grin

I really like Brett Whitelys art.
Sidney Nolan is also good.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:44am

so you and gweg can deny it all you like , but tragedy, suffering and pain will find a way to your door ...

No denial from me.

Suffering comes to my door every day, when I have to read another one of your posts.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #41 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:49am

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:55am

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:44am:
so you and gweg can deny it all you like , but tragedy, suffering and pain will find a way to your door ...

No denial from me.

Suffering comes to my door every day, when I have to read another one of your posts.

thats a dammed good point.
when people read your posts, they need to just take up their cross and bear it.

the buddha used to deliberately meditate where mosquitoes would buzz around his ears, so that he could learn to remain focused despite the distraction.

and the noble rightard can use gweg as a mosquito that would annoy a lesser man. but by remaining true to the noble rightard ethic of staying on HIS path, he can use this lowly insect to fuel an upward spiral.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 9:14am

aquascoot wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:55am:

No denial from me.

the buddha used to deliberately meditate where mosquitoes would buzz around his ears, so that he could learn to remain focused despite the distraction.

and the noble rightard can use gweg as a mosquito that would annoy a lesser man. but by remaining true to the noble rightard ethic of staying on HIS path, he can use this lowly insect to fuel an upward spiral.

Sounds good.

The noble lefty can use aqua posts, and the rightards can use Gweggy's.

I'm always here to help.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 9:25am

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 9:14am:
aquascoot wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:55am:

No denial from me.

Sounds good.

The noble lefty can use aqua posts, and the rightards can use Gweggy's.

I'm always here to help.

the concept of the "noble lefty " is an interesting one.

certainly the lefty likes to think of himself as noble.
hence the virtue signalling.

and this virtue signalling may be enough of a boost to keep the behaviour going.

but i think its deeper then that.

hate is a more powerful reward to keep a behaviour going.

and the lefty gets to virtue signal how good he is (which provides a bit of a kick) but the main kick is actually that he gets to absolutley go on a rampage of hate against the things he doesnt like (christians and successful men mainly).

where does this rage come from?

i think it comes from his suppressed anger at the fact he is going to die.
i honestly believe that.
if you wont come to terms with your own tragedy, then you will let that anxiety out as existential rage.
you will hate life itself.

we see this over and over and over again whenever the aetheist marxists get control.
the murderous nature of their psychopathology.

150 million corpses under marxism in the last century, mainly from the poor and the oppressed classes.
and 1 in 3 uni professors responsible for educating the next generation identify as a marxist.
gough did, gillard did, the green senators do.

they virtue signal but the underlying rage is always there.
its always been more about hating the successful, then helping the oppressed

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print