Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
One for the Islamphobes (Read 7017 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: One for the Islamphobes
Reply #45 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:14pm

freediver wrote on Nov 19th, 2017 at 9:19pm:
Setanta wrote on Nov 19th, 2017 at 8:31pm:
I have no idea why some of you stick up for Islam, it's a toxic pox on mankind. Sure stick up for the people who are it's victims, those inculcated to it through accident of birth or threat, but why would anyone defend such a "faith" of their own free will?

I think it comes down to victimhood and white knight syndrome. Some people see those on the receiving end, even if it is just verbal criticism, and assume they must therefor be innocent victims in need of their assistance. The decision is made on the superficial appearance, in ignorance of what is actually being said or done. It helps of course if they are a minority. Minorities are always the victims.

The decision is made on the superficial appearance

Just take a minute or two to let that sink in FD. You too setanta

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 5:46pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:14pm:
I have no idea why some of you stick up for Islam, it's a toxic pox on mankind. Sure stick up for the people who are it's victims, those inculcated to it through accident of birth or threat, but why would anyone defend such a "faith" of their own free will?

I think it comes down to victimhood and white knight syndrome. Some people see those on the receiving end, even if it is just verbal criticism, and assume they
must therefor be innocent victims in need of their assistance.
The decision is made on the superficial appearance, in ignorance of what is actually being said or done. It helps of course if they are a minority. Minorities are always the victims.

Appearance of INNOCENT VICTIMHOOD, Ahmed.

Not physical appearance.

Oh, you are ARE quick to jump on the VICTIMHOOD bandwagon, aren't you, shoving any momenentary comprehension out of the way in your rush and haste.  A bit like Kameel and the mention or arses and faeces, you are there in a jiffy when Muslim victimhood is to be claimed.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 5:59pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 19th, 2017 at 10:32pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 19th, 2017 at 10:11pm:

it's not about defending Islam.

What is it about then? I don't see it as something one should even try to ameliorate. It's(Islamic ideology) rightwing gone crazy on steroids.

it's about not treating normal everyday muslims as terrorists just because they believe in Islam.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:04pm

Now they are being treated as Terrorists...  really?
I guess that's why they all live in Goulburn Supermax with the rest of the Terrorists then eh? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Honestly, not a skerrick of reality.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:08pm

bugger off troll, I'm not interested in our stupidity today.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #50 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 7:25pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:10pm:

Because I interpret it differently to you maybe?

I don't think he was referring to Muslims Gandalf.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #51 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 9:27pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 5:59pm:

What is it about then? I don't see it as something one should even try to ameliorate. It's(Islamic ideology) rightwing gone crazy on steroids.

it's about not treating normal everyday muslims as terrorists just because they believe in Islam.

This is the part I'm not getting, a certain subset of people here who defend Islam on the basis of not treating all Muslims as the same, which I don't, are happy to treat other rightwing ideologies and their supporters equally as as bad as each other. You may take Greg's slurs on Trump supporters as one example. All Liberals are bad, all ON supports are stupid racists, yet the same "courtesy" is not given to followers of Islam. Being somewhat middle of the road with a definite left perspective without an ounce of PC in me, I can't understand why those of the left treat it as some sacred cow. It(Islam) doesn't fit anywhere into what I would consider a left perspective on life, women, socially acceptable views and politics. The ideology should be thrown from tall buildings.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #52 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 9:35pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:14pm:

I think it comes down to victimhood and white knight syndrome. Some people see those on the receiving end, even if it is just verbal criticism, and assume they must therefor be innocent victims in need of their assistance. The decision is made on the superficial appearance, in ignorance of what is actually being said or done. It helps of course if they are a minority. Minorities are always the victims.

I don't play the man Gandalf, I don't attack Muslims, I will certainly have something to say about ideologies people hold and I have seen nothing to make me change my mind about Islam.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 10:10pm

Zakir Naik says every muslim should be a terrorist.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:00pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 9:27pm:

This is the part I'm not getting, a certain subset of people here who defend Islam on the basis of not treating all Muslims as the same, which I don't, are happy to treat other rightwing ideologies and their supporters equally as as bad as each other. You may take Greg's slurs on Trump supporters as one example. All Liberals are bad, all ON supports are stupid racists, yet the same "courtesy" is not given to followers of Islam. Being somewhat middle of the road with a definite left perspective without an ounce of PC in me, I can't understand why those of the left treat it as some sacred cow. It(Islam) doesn't fit anywhere into what I would consider a left perspective on life, women, socially acceptable views and politics. The ideology should be thrown from tall buildings.

no one has ever seriously demanded all one nation voters get thrown out of the country Set. No one has ever seriously demanded we ban all liberal voters from this country. Or that trump supporters be strafed by machine gun fire.

You confuse political bombast with religious persecution.

The fact remains that the greater majority of Muslims do not agree with ISIS' interpretation of the Koran. Isis has what, 50? 100 000 supporters globally? there are 1.8B muslims. If Islam was as evil as some on here try to make out then we'd get a hell of a lot more than the occasional stabbing or shooting.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:01pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 10:10pm:

Zakir Naik says every muslim should be a terrorist.

stupidity isn't limited to right wingers or Christians.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:02pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:00pm:

no one has ever seriously demanded all one nation voters get thrown out of the country Set. No one has ever seriously demanded we ban all liberal voters from this country. Or that trump supporters be strafed by machine gun fire.

The fact remains that the greater majority of Muslims do not agree with ISIS' interpretation of the Koran. Isis has what, 50? 100 000 supporters globally? there are 1.8B muslims. If Islam was as evil as some on here try to make out then we'd get a hell of a lot more than the occasional stabbing or shooting.

So is Christianity the blame for it's small amount of pedos?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:04pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:02pm:
So is Christianity the blame for it's small amount of pedos?

who ever said it was?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #58 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 4:42am

But there are far more than the occasional stabbing or looting from this 3% minority in our country.

They, as a group, are overrepresentedin virtually every violent crime statistic.

They, as a group, practice abhorrent cultural, and yet illegal, practices.

They, as a group, all protest waving posters about violence and murder.

Not just the radicals.
Not just ISIS
Not just a few

But all of them.

The only thing stopping them, as a group, from taking over this country and FORCING us to abide by their primitive, brutal rules.
Is that there are not yet enough of them.

But they are working on that, as we speak.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 12:27pm

You are assuming that ISIS is the only bad version of Islam around. It has been pointed out to you plenty of times already how wrong you are, but still you trot this out. For example, the majority of Muslims in Indonesia (the most populous Muslim country, apparently) and Malaysia support the death penalty for things that no sane person would even consider a crime. What you say is no less idiotic than whining about how the majority of Nazis personally refrained from slaughtering Jews.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print