Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A feminist's views on Aboriginal sexism (Read 2263 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
A feminist's views on Aboriginal sexism
Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:38pm

First we had John Smith and PJ saying it is not racist when black and white people have different sets of inalienable rights. Now we have Mothra claiming that sexism also has a different meaning when it comes to Aborigines.

freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:29pm:
mothra wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:27pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:25pm:
Quote:
In Indigenous reckoning, there is women's business and men's business. Men can't go some places, women can't go some places.

And not all men walk on the rock.

Thanks Mothra. Are you saying it is not sexist for all women to be banned from Uluru, but not all men? Is this your special brand of feminism we are witnessing? The kid that supports blatant sexism if it is wrapped in the woolly fuzz of political correctness?

Of course it's not sexist. I keep telling you that.

Why are you superimposing your own standards on an ancient culture? Want the whole world like you, do you?

I didn't realise there were different standards for what is sexism. I lack your understanding as a feminist on these complicated issues. Can you explain please? Is it not sexist when black people do it?

mothra wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:22pm:
It's seriously a national embarrassment how little most Australians know about Aboriginal ways of doing things.

Ah. Are you referring to John Smith's repeated lies, even after the evidence was presented in black and white, about everyone, including all the Aboriginal men, being banned?

mothra wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:35pm:
Do try to think, FD.

If it were sexist, men would be allowed to enter places sacred to women even though women can't enter places sacred to men.

Tell me FD, have you ever spoken to an Aboriginal person about their beliefs and traditions?

I'm asking because you appear to be wildly ignorant yet determined to put forth an opinion.

Did you consider informing your opinion? You know, to make you seem less ridiculous?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: A feminist's views on Aboriginal sexism
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:39pm

Are you being wilfully stupid, FD?

Or are you just too petty to admit you're wrong?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:40pm

Can I pick C, all of the above?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:41pm

freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:38pm:
First we had John Smith and PJ saying it is not racist when black and white people have different sets of inalienable rights

liar

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:42pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:40pm:
Can I pick C, all of the above?

Should i start a poll?

No point. Lisa will just contaminate it with all of her socks.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:43pm

Are you afraid of being unpopular as well as wrong?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:44pm

freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:43pm:
Are you afraid of being unpopular as well as wrong?

Fd, your forum is designed by you to be heavily populated with bigots, who you encourage. Of course i'm unpopular.

Now, ask me if i care.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:48pm

The thing is, FD, i'm more discerning than you.

Should the quality of posters that tend to agree with you agree with me, i would seriously question myself.

Fortunately, those i respect tend to respect me. And those i consider foul are confronted by me.

I am quite happy with this arrangement.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:52pm

First we had John Smith and PJ saying it is not racist when black and white people have different sets of inalienable rights. Now we have Mothra claiming that sexism also has a different meaning when it comes to Aborigines.

Quote:
In Indigenous reckoning, there is women's business and men's business. Men can't go some places, women can't go some places.

Thanks Mothra. Are you saying it is not sexist for all women to be banned from Uluru, but not all men? Is this your special brand of feminism we are witnessing? The kid that supports blatant sexism if it is wrapped in the woolly fuzz of political correctness?

Why are you superimposing your own standards on an ancient culture? Want the whole world like you, do you?

I didn't realise there were different standards for what is sexism. I lack your understanding as a feminist on these complicated issues. Can you explain please? Is it not sexist when black people do it?

It's seriously a national embarrassment how little most Australians know about Aboriginal ways of doing things.

Ah. Are you referring to John Smith's repeated lies, even after the evidence was presented in black and white, about everyone, including all the Aboriginal men, being banned?

Do try to think, FD.

If it were sexist, men would be allowed to enter places sacred to women even though women can't enter places sacred to men.

Tell me FD, have you ever spoken to an Aboriginal person about their beliefs and traditions?

I'm asking because you appear to be wildly ignorant yet determined to put forth an opinion.

Did you consider informing your opinion? You know, to make you seem less ridiculous?

I read their confused BS in the other topic.

And yes....I'm still ROTFLMAO.

Freediver.....just so you know...BOTH these 2 ex Yahoo trolls who don't hold jobs and who rely on your taxes to keep them alive....will spend the ENTIRE night and morning exercising their well developed skills in online trolling and spamming utter rubbish.

It's what they do HERE on this site. All the time.

At first...you will spin out at the incessant self contradicting nonsense and probably have a hearty laugh or two. Example tonight's ridiculous rubbish re sexism.

Eventually you will see its serious and tragic side....these individuals are real people who aren't well. And need A LOT of help.

So if you wish to waste the next 29 hrs with these 2 unwell trolls....by all means go for it.

I wish you luck 👍

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:53pm

Case in point.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:55pm

why is lisa still here? FD did you lie when you said

Members are not expected to prove their identity in order to have their personal information protected. If it looks like personal information, then it will be treated as such without question. The rule is that you must respect people's privacy. There are no technicalities or loopholes there.

if you don't uphold your own rules, how do you expect others to?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:57pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:52pm:

Quote:

Do try to think, FD.

I read their confused BS in the other topic.

And yes....I'm still ROTFLMAO.

Freediver.....just so you know...BOTH these 2 ex Yahoo trolls who don't hold jobs and who rely on your taxes to keep them alive....will spend the ENTIRE night and morning exercising their well developed skills in online trolling and spamming utter rubbish.

It's what they do HERE on this site. All the time.

At first...you will spin out at the incessant self contradicting nonsense and probably have a hearty laugh or two. Example tonight's ridiculous rubbish re sexism.

Eventually you will see its serious and tragic side....these individuals are real people who aren't well. And need A LOT of help.

So if you wish to waste the next 29 hrs with these 2 unwell trolls....by all means go for it.

I wish you luck 👍

PM sent

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 1:45pm

Mothra, as a self-identified feminist, do you think it is important to throw women's rights under a bus in pursuit of what you see as a higher agenda, like political correctness and winning votes? Is this what it means to be a 'more discerning' feminist?

Is it common for feminists to be unable to identify blatant sexism, for example in banning all women from an iconic natural monument, or do you have to throw in a bit of racism as well to get them all confused? Is it only the rights of Aboriginal women that you want to discard?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 1:59pm

mothra wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:48pm:
The thing is, FD, i'm more discerning than you.

Should the quality of posters that tend to agree with you agree with me, i would seriously question myself.

Fortunately, those i respect tend to respect me. And those i consider foul are confronted by me.

I am quite happy with this arrangement.

with that attitude  why do you not stick with monks site  where you must be flavour of the month..

they are in love with each and every asylum seekers from ozpol has the red carpet treatment...you are a queen I am sure..........

I am also pretty sure you fit like a glove over there..

why come here????... why do any of you come here??...

I dont get it....I am sure fd has had a read of what is known as monk and aussies version of tolerance... Grin Grin...

so if this place is so bad  and full of such horrible people..

why come here... maybe it makes you feel superior or something when you return to monks place   and pat each other on the back.. for coming up with the biggest insults for ozpol members   and of course fd in particular...

all your admirers are over there ... as the strike proved none of you were missed in fact it was a relief ...

we do in fact talk about other things on ozpol.. other than each other that is.. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:03pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:55pm:
why is lisa still here? FD did you lie when you said

Members are not expected to prove their identity in order to have their personal information protected. If it looks like personal information, then it will be treated as such without question. The rule is that you must respect people's privacy. There are no technicalities or loopholes there.

if you don't uphold your own rules, how do you expect others to?

what privacy has lisa   outed js???>....

she is the mouth from the south I will give you that...

but surely even she isnt that dumb...

you shouldnt just name people without the evidence ..

after all we can all make those claims cant we?

fd needs to know fact from fiction   or in this case spite.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print