Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A feminist's views on Aboriginal sexism (Read 2260 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: A feminist's views on Aboriginal sexism
Reply #15 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:03pm

freediver wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 1:45pm:
Mothra, as a self-identified feminist, do you think it is important to throw women's rights under a bus in pursuit of what you see as a higher agenda, like political correctness and winning votes? Is this what it means to be a 'more discerning' feminist?

Is it common for feminists to be unable to identify blatant sexism, for example in banning all women from an iconic natural monument, or do you have to throw in a bit of racism as well to get them all confused? Is it only the rights of Aboriginal women that you want to discard?

There is no sexism or racism involved in the ban on climbing Uluru.

This has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

If i were you, i would let these threads disappear off the front page. You've been thoroughly humiliated in them.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:10pm

cods wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 1:59pm:
mothra wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:48pm:
The thing is, FD, i'm more discerning than you.

Should the quality of posters that tend to agree with you agree with me, i would seriously question myself.

Fortunately, those i respect tend to respect me. And those i consider foul are confronted by me.

I am quite happy with this arrangement.

with that attitude  why do you not stick with monks site  where you must be flavour of the month..

they are in love with each and every asylum seekers from ozpol has the red carpet treatment...you are a queen I am sure..........

I am also pretty sure you fit like a glove over there..

why come here????... why do any of you come here??...

I dont get it....I am sure fd has had a read of what is known as monk and aussies version of tolerance... Grin Grin...

so if this place is so bad  and full of such horrible people..

why come here... maybe it makes you feel superior or something when you return to monks place   and pat each other on the back.. for coming up with the biggest insults for ozpol members   and of course fd in particular...

all your admirers are over there ... as the strike proved none of you were missed in fact it was a relief ...

we do in fact talk about other things on ozpol.. other than each other that is.. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Petty, childish and petulant. About what i've come to expect form you.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:37pm

mothra wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:53pm:
Case in point.

Stop gibbering and answer the question.

Is it only coloured people who you give a special dispensation to for being rabidly  sexist?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #18 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 3:10pm

Mothra, as a self-identified feminist, do you think it is important to throw women's rights under a bus in pursuit of what you see as a higher agenda, like political correctness and winning votes? Is this what it means to be a 'more discerning' feminist?

Is it common for feminists to be unable to identify blatant sexism, for example in banning all women from an iconic natural monument, or do you have to throw in a bit of racism as well to get them all confused? Is it only the rights of Aboriginal women that you want to discard?

Freediver...ANYONE can STATE the claim that they identify as a feminist.

It's not beyond the realm of logical possibility.

If however their words and actions contradict their claim.... then we have a fundamental incongruity which essentially means that they're full of bullshit.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 3:18pm

cods wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:03pm:
what privacy has lisa   outed js???>.....

She doesn't need to 'out' anything. FD has all the relevant information, as do the other mods.  She has given out personal information. According to FD, the fact that it is wrong is irrelevant. Although she is still here so he has ignored it AGAIN.

it's great to see FD run away from his own rules. I don't know why he bothers making proclamations if he then runs away from them. FD only holds people to the rules when they don't subscribe to his level of racism or stupidity.  He may as well just ban the people he doesn't like and stop pretending.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #20 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 4:11pm

cods wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:03pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:55pm:
why is lisa still here? FD did you lie when you said

Members are not expected to prove their identity in order to have their personal information protected. If it looks like personal information, then it will be treated as such without question. The rule is that you must respect people's privacy. There are no technicalities or loopholes there.

if you don't uphold your own rules, how do you expect others to?

what privacy has lisa   outed js???>....

she is the mouth from the south I will give you that...

but surely even she isnt that dumb...

you shouldnt just name people without the evidence ..

after all we can all make those claims cant we?

fd needs to know fact from fiction   or in this case spite.

You're absolutely correct Cods.

All I did was copy and paste his own post in response to Freediver's question.

The lying troll's lies were exposed by his own hand.

It's hardly my fault that I picked up the lie he posted.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #21 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 8:33pm

mothra wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:03pm:

There is no sexism or racism involved in the ban on climbing Uluru.

This has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

If i were you, i would let these threads disappear off the front page. You've been thoroughly humiliated in them.

Would you agree that Aboriginal women tend to be among the most vulnerable in our society? If so, why are you so eager to deny blatant sexism from Aboriginal groups on the grounds that sexism is part of "indigenous reckoning" and their "ancient culture"? And why is considering it sexist to ban all women but not all men my own standard rather than the standard of feminists? Are you saying that equality before the law, regardless of sex, is not a feminist standard? Perhaps you are one of those feminists who consider the 'right' to be inferior more important?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 4:58pm

Mothra, would it be fair to describe you as a latte feminist - someone who claims to be a feminist when it is convenient, but who has no genuine interest in feminism, and who thoughtlessly discards women's rights at the altar of whatever other equally shallow political ideal pops into their head?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 5:00pm

Fd why have you ignored your own rules and  failed to act for disclosure of private information?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 5:01pm

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 5:04pm

mothra wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 5:01pm:

Thanks Mothra. I think that gif captures perfectly the type of feminist you are. Is this your way of agreeing with me?

Would it be fair to describe you as a latte feminist - someone who claims to be a feminist when it is convenient, but who has no genuine interest in feminism, and who thoughtlessly discards women's rights at the altar of whatever other equally shallow political ideal pops into their head?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 5:06pm

Since when have you cared about whether or not it's fair to call someone something, FD?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #27 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:12pm

I care enough to ask your opinion Mothra.

Would it be fair to describe you as a latte feminist - someone who claims to be a feminist when it is convenient, but who has no genuine interest in feminism, and who thoughtlessly discards women's rights at the altar of whatever other equally shallow political ideal pops into their head?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 10:10am

Domestic violence in Alice Springs town camps prompts march to raise awareness

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-11/alice-springs-women-march-against-violence-in-town-camps/8698170

Speaking up about domestic violence is "not a shame job thing" women from town camps around Alice Springs were told as they marched to raise awareness of the daily dangers they face.

Hundreds of people have marched through the streets of Alice Springs on Tuesday to support Indigenous women trying to make their lives safe from domestic violence.

A diverse crowd of women, men, Indigenous and non-Indigenous Territorians and people from around Australia marched from the Town Council lawns to the Local Court to raise awareness.

Tangentyere Women's Family Safety Group co-ordinator Shirleeen Campbell said the women of the town camps — Indigenous populated areas around Alice Springs — were fed up with violence in their communities.

"This is where we're starting to make a stand now as town camp women," she said.

"We want to stop the violence in our town camp and protect our elderly women, our young girls, our daughters, our nieces, our aunties.

"We want to stand up for them and teach them about safety and how to protect others."

The marchers included several Labor figures including Senator Malandirri McCarthy, federal MP Warren Snowdon, NT Families Minister Dale Wakefield, and local Member for Namatjira Chansey Paech.

Australia's most prominent domestic violence campaigner, former Australian of the Year Rosie Batty, travelled to Alice Springs to march with the women.

Ms Batty, whose son Luke was killed by his father at a Victorian cricket ground in 2014, said she had visited the Tangentyere Women's Family Safety Group several times.

"We really have a bond and a really shared experience and I think they've welcomed me into their family," she said.

"I think it's that deep connection and pain of loss that we understand.

"They've endured an awful lot for a very long time and this is their demonstration that they're not invisible, they have a voice, they're not just a statistic."

Ms Campbell said she was overwhelmed by the support of the community.

"I'm gobsmacked actually, I'm pleased we've got ministers from all over Australia," she said.

She pleaded with all people to take action to prevent domestic violence.

"If you know someone having that trouble, speak up about it. It's not a shame job thing."

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #29 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 7:03pm

Mothra do you agree we should stop domestic violence at the start?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print