Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Malcolm gets the bone from his critics. (Read 10035 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Malcolm gets the bone from his critics.
Nov 6th, 2017 at 4:08pm

He has surprised everyone greatly with his uncompromising stand against Indigenous leaders trying to tell the government what it should do with regard to aboriginal concerns and suggestions.

His stand will be losing him a lot of Leftie friends at the ABC, in the broader media, among the North Shore elite, in academia and the Arts Crowd.

This is a hard-arse side to him I haven't seen before. Even Abbott wasn't this tough on the Abos.

You'd expect it from Peter Dutton, but not Turnbull.

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2017 at 8:16pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Malcolm gets the bone from his critics.
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:53pm

Isn't it terrible.

Now Mal has outflanked Bull S. again as he strategically launches a call for all MPs to justify themselves.

Bet Bull S. is worried. But as Labor will be in Opposition for the next 20 years or so what does it matter ?

Mal is very much aware of the extreme danger in meddling with the Constitution and he knows that the Greenies have put the Dark People up to this.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:55pm

Lol, Mal is always 'outflanking' the world!

Do you think juliar loves money much  Grin ???

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:58pm

juliar wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:53pm:
Isn't it terrible.

Now Mal has outflanked Bull S. again as he strategically launches a call for all MPs to justify themselves.

Bet Bull S. is worried. But as Labor will be in Opposition for the next 20 years or so what does it matter ?

Mal is very much aware of the extreme danger in meddling with the Constitution and he knows that the Greenies have put the Dark People up to this.

Irregardless ...

Sorry, I can't go on   Grin

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:13pm

And Futility in search of Failure pops up again with another brilliant gem of infinite wisdom.

And paw gecko the troll that tried just can't get over how he was sucked in by the red herring I left just to trip up someone like him.

That's the thing with the outdated politically correct they are so easy to catch out with their rigid outdated sterile views.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:15pm

juliar wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:13pm:
And Futility in search of Failure pops up again with another brilliant gem of infinite wisdom.

And paw gecko the troll that tried just can't get over how he was sucked in by the red herring I left just to trip up someone like him.

That's the thing with the outdated politically correct they are so easy to catch out with their rigid outdated sterile views.

Irregardless ...

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 8:00pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:15pm:
juliar wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:13pm:

https://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/403162_10150613644143465_12944669...

Irregardless ...

Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 8:11pm

The ABC article on this was extremely biased. It has since been replaced with a video of Turnbull's speech, which is much clearer. It basically had a legal rep accusing Turnbull of misunderstanding the proposal, but with no context or explanation provided, and leaving out Turnbull's explanation.

Here is the cached version, which was online earlier this afternoon:

Malcolm Turnbull defends decision to abandon constitutional recognition of Indigenous Australians

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-05/malcolm-turnbull-defends-decision-on-indigenous-recognition/9120252

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull says constitutional recognition of an Indigenous voice to Parliament would have been "contrary to the principles of equality and citizenship".

The advisory body was the key recommendation of the Referendum Council and the landmark Uluru Statement from the Heart.

Mr Turnbull abandoned plans to hold a referendum to recognise Indigenous Australians last month, saying the body was neither "desirable or capable of winning acceptance".

The decision has been described by Labor "a kick in the guts" for the council, who described the proposal as "modest", "reasonable" and "capable of attracting the necessary support of the Australian people".

Mr Turnbull said he supported a stronger voice for Indigenous Australians in all aspects of society, before criticising the Referendum Council's recommendation.

"Our view is that is not a model that is desirable and the reason for that is our national representative institutions are based on the proposition that they are open to every Australian," Mr Turnbull said.

"To have a national representative assembly — which is what we are talking about here — would be in the Constitution and to which only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders can be elected.

"This is contrary to principles of equality and of citizenship."

PM's comments on recommendation 'misconceived'

The Prime Minister said the advisory body would have effectively been a third chamber of Federal Parliament, despite proponents of the body denying this.

"You don't respect people by telling them what they want to hear or by kicking ideas you think have no merit off into the long grass or into a committee," Mr Turnbull said.

"You have got to be fair dinkum, you've got to be forthright.

"We believe it is important to deliver recognition, but focus on things that are achievable."

But the president of the NSW Bar Association, Arthur Moses SC, said the Prime Minister has misunderstood the recommendations of the Referendum Council.

"In no way does the voice recommendation impact on the sovereignty of the Parliament or create a third chamber of Parliament," he said.

"What the Prime Minister has misunderstood is it is no different to the Prime Minister's Indigenous Advisory Council which the Prime Minister and Minister for Indigenous Affairs appoints."

Mr Moses also criticised Mr Turnbull's comments on the constitutional recognition of an Indigenous voice to Parliament being "contrary to equality and citizenship".

"With the greatest respect to the Prime Minister I think on this issue those comments are misconceived," he said.

"It is important that the report be properly understood, first of all by our political leaders and explained by our political leaders to the community and we should never underestimate the decency and intelligence of Australians when it comes to dealing with such sensitive issue.

"As a nation we are better than that and that is an issue that warrants serious consideration rather than being dismissed."
The Referendum Council's Noel Pearson described the decision to reject the body as devastating for the Indigenous community.

"I think Malcolm Turnbull has broken the First Nations hearts of this country, expressed in the Uluru Statement from the Heart," Mr Pearson said.

"He accused John Howard of doing that in 1999 and he has done the same thing in relation to recognition of Indigenous Australians."

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 8:18pm

Good work, FD.

In this matter if not in any other, Turnbull has demonstrated himself to be a genuine conservative.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next survey on his personal popularity rating. I think it'll be a lulu. Either way up or way down.

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 6:42am

So herbie is starting to like turdbull after rubbishing him endlessly since he took over. If you think his polls are going to go up, prepare yourself for bitter disappointment. You know the old story about polishing turds I'm sure........ Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 6:55am

Lord Herbert wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 8:18pm:
Good work, FD.

In this matter if not in any other, Turnbull has demonstrated himself to be a genuine conservative.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next survey on his personal popularity rating. I think it'll be a lulu. Either way up or way down.

Turnbull?  A genuine Conservative? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
You think that's why most of the Lib support base is disappearing?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 7:13am

Grendel wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 6:55am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 8:18pm:
Good work, FD.

Turnbull?  A genuine Conservative? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
You think that's why most of the Lib support base is disappearing?

i have to agree with you grendel.
he is a panderer and he is spineless.
these are DEATH to a person in a leadership role.

you have to have a PURPOSE.
what is mals purpose??
and then you have to direct all your thoughts words and actions in alignment with that purpose.

your purpose cant be "to pleasure myself with good poll results" because thats making it about you,

you have to sacrifice yourself to the purpose.

the greeks would "burn the boats" so they either triumphed or died....there is glory in both by the way.

but mal has done so many about turns.
where does he stand on energy
where does he stand on the nbn
where does he stand on the deficit
where does he stand on immigration
where does he stand on terrorism

the alpha who does not provide leadership to the group and who looks to the group to see which way they are heading and then tries to position himself at the head of the herd and lead them is a counterfeit alpha.
even fat steve and fat janeen can sense it.

if you want to behave like that, go join the union movement or the greens and you can 'qualify" yourself to the mob and you can ask your mob of scrubs "do you like me?, please like me.  i'm so neeeeeeedy "

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 7:23am

What a surprise....Turnbull has decided to do nothing!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 8:34am

philperth2010 wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 7:23am:
What a surprise....Turnbull has decided to do nothing!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

His refusing to be manipulated by a bunch of self-absorbed aboriginal nationalists looking to be granted special political privileges, he has demonstrated commendable backbone in this matter regardless of what we can say about him on other social concerns and government policy.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 8:41am

Lord Herbert wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 4:08pm:
He has surprised everyone greatly with his uncompromising stand against Indigenous leaders trying to tell the government what it should do with regard to aboriginal concerns and suggestions.

His stand will be losing him a lot of Leftie friends at the ABC, in the broader media, among the North Shore elite, in academia and the Arts Crowd.

This is a hard-arse side to him I haven't seen before. Even Abbott wasn't this tough on the Abos.

You'd expect it from Peter Dutton, but not Turnbull.

yes, he has had a LOT of bad press but has done very well.

He inherited a disaster from the labor party and they have tried to thwart him at every turn.
they have been economic vandals.

Despite this, he has run a steady ship.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print