Send Topic Print
I found a Hand-Gun (Read 4703 times)
Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: I found a Hand-Gun
Reply #60 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:43pm

I remember when I was a lad 18yo, I boarded with an old couple in Sydney , anyway the husband was telling me an aquaintace of his came across a dead body when out walking or something.

He reported it to the coppers and was interrogated to the point that he felt he was no.1 suspect and he apparently said to anyone interested after that

"If that happens to you pretend you didnt even see it and keep walking!"

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #61 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 2:06pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:49am:
Well I did sorta shoot myself in the foot with that one.
I am so lucky I did not 'imprint' on the hand-gun.
As of yet (as far as I have been told) - the gun and prints on it are not related to any crime ...yet.
Overall, it was a stupid thing for me to have done.
Hell, would I have done the same thing if I found an un-exploded bomb (as I was lectured - at the Police Station)?
No.
Although I copped a back-hand off my mate for my untimely wit, he was supportive overall on my behalf.
Still - I totally got my knuckles whacked on this matter and I spent a very long night at the Police Station (no coffee!!!) for my troubles (not cell), being on hand for further questioning and statement, etc. Waiting on the phone for Centrelink would have been better.

So I can absolutely say that yes, if you find a gun - ring the Police ASAP.

Embarrassed

So I was right after all ~~ you should have kept the gun.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #62 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 2:10pm

That is a great idea Herb until you get busted with a handgun in your possession.

Several years gaol is very possible.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #63 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 12:49pm

No charge thankfully.

This is why I joined the Medical side of things.
I'm the 'tool', when it comes to guns.  Tongue

The excitement, adrenalin - really clouded my judgement.
I was lucky that I used a doggy do-do bag to pick it up (it was dirty) and work-gloves to handle it at home.
All that I could think of at the time was "It's mine. It came to me. My preciousss" etc.
Mainly because there is no other way that I could attain such a thing, unless I go through all the correct procedures.
I mean, what would you do if you found a bag of money?
Hand it in to the Police straight away, let alone call them asap to the spot??
It's done and dusted now.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #64 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 12:52pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 12:49pm:
No charge thankfully.

I was lucky that I used a doggy do-do bag to pick it up (it was dirty) and work-gloves to handle it at home.
All that I could think of at the time was "It's mine. It came to me. My preciousss" etc.
Mainly because there is no other way that I could attain such a thing, unless I go through all the correct procedures.

At least you won't be charged.
Sometimes they leave you hanging for 6 months
not knowing if they will charge you or not.

Are they going to check the rounds for prints?

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #65 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 1:17pm

As of yet (as far as I have been told) - the gun and prints on it are not related to any crime ...yet.
Hell, would I have done the same thing if I found an un-exploded bomb (as I was lectured - at the Police Station)?
No.
Although I copped a back-hand off my mate for my untimely wit, he was supportive overall on my behalf.
Still - I totally got my knuckles whacked on this matter and I spent a very long night at the Police Station (no coffee!!!) for my troubles (not cell), being on hand for further questioning and statement, etc. Waiting on the phone for Centrelink would have been better.

Embarrassed

You have a vivid imagination. Did your parents believe the sh!t you spouted when you were caught out doing something stupid........Is your middle name Christian, and first name Hans?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #66 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 1:30pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 12:52pm:
No charge thankfully.

They sent it off to some Forensic place in Sydney and within 6 hours the prints on the gun came back as 'un-identified' (not on record). So 'so far-so good' for me. Hence why I was kept at the station all night, until the result came back. But I'm sure 'I'm still on record'  Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 1:37pm

Fuzzball wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 1:17pm:
No.

Embarrassed

You have a vivid imagination. Did your parents believe the sh!t you spouted when you were caught out doing something stupid........Is your middle name Christian, and first name Hans?

My first problem with guns was as a 15 year old. My mate had a pump action pellet gun. From his balcony in western Sydney, we decided to shoot his Star Wars figurines off the wall. But when it was my time, he handed me the gun and had to get more pellets for his go, from inside. With the gun in my hand, I went all glazy eyed and ignored the figurines. Why 'play'? So I went to the edge of the balcony and started shooting at the people walking buy in the carpark below.
I had scored points on at least 10 people before my mate came back and wrestled it off me. Within 20 minutes, due to complaints by the victims - 5 police cars were at our place and I was taken in (as was my mate).

Thankfully, no-one was seriously injured - no broken skin, just bruising on two people (clothes buffered the other shots). I was a cry-baby at the Police station and in time, I was given a 1 year good behaviour bond.

Yep - guns are a 'problem' for me.
Keep me and guns far apart.
I'm a good example why 'anyone and everyone
SHOULD NOT
be allowed to own firearms'.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #68 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 3:18pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
That is a great idea Herb until you get busted with a handgun in your possession.

Nonsense.

I've been in Australia since 1962 with not even a parking ticket. Just the other day a highway cop told me I'm "Not in the system" while scratching his head in disbelief. He consequently let me go for riding my electric bike without it being registered.

THAT's the sort of service you get when you've been a compliant and model citizen for all of the past 55 years ..... He was practically bowing to me. I told him to smarten up his act next time and not bother me again. He drove off in a cloud of apologies.

~~~~

As for this Texas nutter, the very fact that he had been dishonourably discharged from the army should have been enough to have barred him from owning a gun.

It's not that gun-ownership is rampant in the US, but that the people who shouldn't be entitled to own a gun are not being identified and denied a weapon to take home with them.

The US population is 323 million people, and of course there are going to be incidences like this due to the sheer number of people in the population pool. The miracle is that it doesn't happen more often, and especially because Hollywood's success has for decades been dependent on sex-and-VIOLENCE being the core ingredient of its entertainment business.

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2017 at 4:45pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 3:23pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 3:18pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 2:10pm:

Nonsense.

I've been in Australia since 1962 with not even a parking ticket. Just the other day a highway cop told me I'm "Not in the system" while scratching his head in disbelief. He consequently let me go for riding my electric bike without it being registered.

THAT's the sort of service you get when you've been a compliant and model citizen for all of the past 55 years ..... He was practically bowing to me. I told him to smarten up his act next time and not to bother me again. He drove off in a cloud of apologies.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #70 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 4:13pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 1:30pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 12:52pm:
No charge thankfully.

They sent it off to some Forensic place in Sydney and within 6 hours the prints on the gun came back as 'un-identified' (not on record). So 'so far-so good' for me. Hence why I was kept at the station all night, until the result came back. But I'm sure 'I'm still on record'  Tongue

Next time just walk on by:

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #71 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 4:28pm

Jasin missed the chance to have someone say to him ...

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 9:50am

One thing I've learnt in the past is if a cop says please come down to the station then say no.
They haven't got sh1t on you and want to trick you. Masters of deceipt.
I call their bluff now.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #73 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 1:37pm

I can't believe everyone missed the obvious.
If you find a pistola, take it to your local drug dealer, and swap it for drugs.
Simple, and you could either get extremely bent, or make a nice profit.
It is not like it belonged to a nice old lady who won't be able to afford groceries if she doesn't get her gun back, more like free money.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #74 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:51pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 1:17pm:
No.

Embarrassed

My first problem with guns was as a 15 year old. My mate had a pump action pellet gun. From his balcony in western Sydney, we decided to shoot his Star Wars figurines off the wall. But when it was my time, he handed me the gun and had to get more pellets for his go, from inside. With the gun in my hand, I went all glazy eyed and ignored the figurines. Why 'play'? So I went to the edge of the balcony and started shooting at the people walking buy in the carpark below.
I had scored points on at least 10 people before my mate came back and wrestled it off me. Within 20 minutes, due to complaints by the victims - 5 police cars were at our place and I was taken in (as was my mate).

Thankfully, no-one was seriously injured - no broken skin, just bruising on two people (clothes buffered the other shots). I was a cry-baby at the Police station and in time, I was given a 1 year good behaviour bond.

Yep - guns are a 'problem' for me.
Keep me and guns far apart.
I'm a good example why 'anyone and everyone
SHOULD NOT
be allowed to own firearms'.

You are a funny guy, I couldn't help but laugh.

Since it hasn't been connected to any criminal activity yet it may have been the once legal property of a deceased citizen. Maybe when your gun laws became more restrictive he didn't turn it in and now the family just dumped it.

As for your final statement, most people show much better judgement than you and don't need Nanny telling us what we can have!

http://www.guns.com/review/bersa-firestorm-380-acp-review/

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print