Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 
Send Topic Print
Racism, sacred cows and political correctness (Read 110016 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Racism, sacred cows and political correctness
Reply #720 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 11:08pm

Heng a few Blecks from the Ayers Tower, and all will be correct. Heng a few carefully chosen, and the rest will follow...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #721 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 11:10pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 11:01pm:
mothra wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 10:48pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 10:34pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 10:24pm:
You said it is a lie because everyone is banned, which is a lie as well as being nonsensical. I think you have figured that one out. We only had to tell you a dozen times. You also said it is a lie because they can visit nearby places. Like the gift shop. You also said you gave two reasons. But you are too afraid to cite either. Don't be jellyfish John. Why is it a lie?

#30. I think we're at the point where we can safely say the jellyfish has dissolved into single cellular organic matter. Your last 3 posts confirm this.

Sorry, FD, you're done.

Has he explained how restricing climbing is sexist and racist yet?

I mean in a way that makes sense?

Also, why he's so affronted by this example of alleged racism while he encourages and facilitates other sorts?

No, Mothra, FD has just chased JS around in the hope of getting him to confess. He's spent the last 10 pages pretending, he's stopped even pretending he's pretending.

FD has tried having a spine, being a jellyfish, and being a single-called organism. I think he can be all these things, but he chooses the latter. Watch:

What do you think, FD?

Hr's an amoeba now?  Shocked

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #722 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 11:13pm

The weather report shows light showers, but consistent
with a chance for thunderstorm later in the evening.
A top of 22C degrees with skies clearing later in the week.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #723 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 11:19pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 11:04pm:
But JS, FD already knows all that, he's just having a chuckle.

You knew that by now, surely?

sounds like he's having more of an aneurysm and less of a chuckle to me

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #724 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 7:09am

John Smith wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 10:57pm:
You said it is a lie because everyone is banned, which is a lie as well as being nonsensical. I think you have figured that one out. We only had to tell you a dozen times. You also said it is a lie because they can visit nearby places. Like the gift shop. You also said you gave two reasons. But you are too afraid to cite either. Don't be jellyfish John. Why is it a lie?

OK FD, I'll play ... just one more time for the village idiot ... but after that you need to stop repeating the question cause I'm not going to keep repeating myself for your benefit.

1. it's not white people who are banned, it's everyone with the exception of certain members of the tribe that own it. Pretending it has anything to do with colour is a lie. Unless they're a particular member of that tribe it matters not what their skin colour is  ... they're all banned.

2. They're not banned from Uluru ... they're just banned from climbing it. .. there are 220 000 visitors who went to Uluru last year and did not climb it ... to claim they didn't really go to uluru because they didn't climb it is ridiculous even by your standards

two reasons why it's a lie ... if you had any sort of integrity you'd change your damn spiel on your homepage so that it at least pretends to be honest.

Ah good. You can be wrong in so many ways, can't you John? No wonder you don't like to talk about it.

1) It is not a lie to say that all white people are banned. If you insert "only" in front of white people (as you did previously), you are lying about what I said. This has been pointed out to you already. If you don't insert "only" then you just have a reading comprehension problem. Also, the opening paragraph of my article says the same thing you are saying. This has also been pointed out to you. How many times do people have to repeat these things before it sinks in?

2) This really is no less stupid than saying they are not banned from Uluru because they can visit the gift shop. They are not banned from climbing all the way to the top. They are banned from getting on it at all. They are banned from Uluru. The gift shop, the land around it etc is not Uluru.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #725 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 10:25am

freediver wrote on Nov 18th, 2017 at 7:09am:
It is not a lie to say that all white people are banned.

the lie is the implication that it has anything to do with skin colour. Skin colour didn't come into the decision.

2) This really is no less stupid than saying they are not banned from Uluru because they can visit the gift shop.

yet it's not half as stupid as claiming you haven't visited uluru because you weren't allowed to climb it. There is more to uluru than climbing it, in fact 80% of people that visit choose not to climb it, and they pay good money to not climb it. Trying to belittle it by claiming unless you climb it it's just visiting the gift shop further highlights just how dishonest you are.

When you visit a waterfall do you pretend you didn't visit because you didn't jump down the falls? Do you claim you didn't go see the crocodiles at kakadu because you didn't wrestle with them or pet them? Do you claim you didn't see the monkeys at the zoo because you didn't swing in the trees with them?

you're whole proposition is not only dishonest, it's absurd.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #726 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 10:57am

OK FD, I'll play ... just one more time for the village idiot ... but after that you need to stop repeating the question cause I'm not going to keep repeating myself for your benefit.

1. it's not white people who are banned, it's everyone with the exception of certain members of the tribe that own it. Pretending it has anything to do with colour is a lie. Unless they're a particular member of that tribe it matters not what their skin colour is  ... they're all banned.

2. They're not banned from Uluru ... they're just banned from climbing it. .. there are 220 000 visitors who went to Uluru last year and did not climb it ... to claim they didn't really go to uluru because they didn't climb it is ridiculous even by your standards

two reasons why it's a lie ... if you had any sort of integrity you'd change your damn spiel on your homepage so that it at least pretends to be honest.

Ah good. You can be wrong in so many ways, can't you John? No wonder you don't like to talk about it.

1) It is not a lie to say that all white people are banned. If you insert "only" in front of white people (as you did previously), you are lying about what I said. This has been pointed out to you already. If you don't insert "only" then you just have a reading comprehension problem. Also, the opening paragraph of my article says the same thing you are saying. This has also been pointed out to you. How many times do people have to repeat these things before it sinks in?

2) This really is no less stupid than saying they are not banned from Uluru because they can visit the gift shop. They are not banned from climbing all the way to the top. They are banned from getting on it at all. They are banned from Uluru. The gift shop, the land around it etc is not Uluru.

#31. You may well get the world record, FD. No one has ever been so persistent in their spineless evasion.

Can you think of anyone?

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #727 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 7:21am

In the human soul there seems much darkness, intolerance and a lack of compassion,
and much stupidity, prejudice and ignorance.
The question is, if we are made in the image of our creator, did something get lost or get added in the translation, or is our creator flawed also?

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #728 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 9:55am

Quote:
the lie is the implication that it has anything to do with skin colour. Skin colour didn't come into the decision.

So what I actually wrote is not a lie? Do you recall me pointing out that the rest of the paragraph says the exact same thing that you do when you think you are contradicting me? Is that why you keep doing your jellyfish impression, because you know where this is going? Have you read the rest of the paragraph yet?

Quote:
yet it's not half as stupid as claiming you haven't visited uluru because you weren't allowed to climb it

How close did you get to it? Closer than the gift shop?

Quote:
There is more to uluru than climbing it, in fact 80% of people that visit choose not to climb it, and they pay good money to not climb it. Trying to belittle it by claiming unless you climb it it's just visiting the gift shop further highlights just how dishonest you are.

I am not belittling it. I am calling it racist, sexist, and the imposition of superstition on others by law. I think it's a big deal.

Quote:
When you visit a waterfall do you pretend you didn't visit because you didn't jump down the falls? Do you claim you didn't go see the crocodiles at kakadu because you didn't wrestle with them or pet them? Do you claim you didn't see the monkeys at the zoo because you didn't swing in the trees with them?

Do you claim you have visited a mountain when you only got close enough for a photo? And why are you so hung up on whether you can say you 'visited'. Bottom line is, you are banned from Uluru. You can visit the gift shop. You can take a photo from a distance. But the experience is diminished because the Aborigines feel compelled to impose their superstition on other people.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #729 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 9:57am

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 18th, 2017 at 10:57am:

#31. You may well get the world record, FD. No one has ever been so persistent in their spineless evasion.

Can you think of anyone?

oh I CAN.. Wink Wink

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #730 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 9:59am

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #731 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 10:09am

John Smith wrote on Nov 19th, 2017 at 9:59am:

Is that a Musso praying at Bondi?  Where's his mayer prat?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #732 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 10:10am

thecuriousmail wrote on Nov 19th, 2017 at 7:21am:
In the human soul there seems much darkness, intolerance and a lack of compassion,
and much stupidity, prejudice and ignorance.
The question is, if we are made in the image of our creator, did something get lost or get added in the translation, or is our creator flawed also?

A good question - you've been reading my short stories again..... one review said they were not sure how the religious types would see God in the light I posited HER.... or Heaven for that matter...

Oh - and what's all this bitch-fighting and jellyfish calling going on?

Grow up.... heng ten Blecks* a week until the rest get the idea....  Free The Rock!!  Down With The  Whitey Proof Fence!!

* how about that one, sports fans?  I gave them the respect of a Capital.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #733 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 12:43pm

freediver wrote on Nov 19th, 2017 at 9:55am:
Quote:

So what I actually wrote is not a lie? Do you recall me pointing out that the rest of the paragraph says the exact same thing that you do when you think you are contradicting me? Is that why you keep doing your jellyfish impression, because you know where this is going? Have you read the rest of the paragraph yet?

Quote:
yet it's not half as stupid as claiming you haven't visited uluru because you weren't allowed to climb it

How close did you get to it? Closer than the gift shop?

Quote:
There is more to uluru than climbing it, in fact 80% of people that visit choose not to climb it, and they pay good money to not climb it. Trying to belittle it by claiming unless you climb it it's just visiting the gift shop further highlights just how dishonest you are.

I am not belittling it. I am calling it racist, sexist, and the imposition of superstition on others by law. I think it's a big deal.

Quote:

Do you claim you have visited a mountain when you only got close enough for a photo? And why are you so hung up on whether you can say you 'visited'. Bottom line is, you are banned from Uluru. You can visit the gift shop. You can take a photo from a distance. But the experience is diminished because the Aborigines feel compelled to impose their superstition on other people.

#32. Worth double if FD calls someone else a jellyfish.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #734 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 12:46pm

cods wrote on Nov 19th, 2017 at 9:57am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 18th, 2017 at 10:57am:

Can you think of anyone?

oh I CAN.. Wink Wink

Someone who runs, hides, cringes, cowers and spinelesly evades as much as FD?

Do tell, dear. We're all ears.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 
Send Topic Print