Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 51
Send Topic Print
Racism, sacred cows and political correctness (Read 110043 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Racism, sacred cows and political correctness
Reply #645 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:01pm

PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:58pm:
How many times?  Designed, fabricated, transported, supervised, built primarily by non Australian craftsmen

all the skilled tradesmen came from overseas, for the poo kickers, runners and labourers they used locals.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #646 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:01pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:28pm:
PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:23pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Sir Bob

Quote:
I am an Australian citizen and as such I should have a right to go to Ayers Rock

No you shouldn't, Bob.  As an Australian citizen there are many places which are restricted to you.  Your 'rights' stretch only so far

Try getting into Parliament House in any State or in ACT

You won't be allowed in, despite you fund it in miniscule manner

As an Australian citizen, you can't undertake an unaccompanied stroll across the Harbour Bridge or in the Opera House, can you?

One of the reasons people are objecting to restrictions placed on the Rock is the mere fact they've been told they're 'not allowed'

When children are around 18 months to two years of age, they scream that they want something. Then, when they get it, they don't want it any more

Of course - private property & Govt. property is not always accessible.
The Govt. has to have security.

as in this case the aborigines want to secure their sacred site.

No - you and other progressives are just pandering to invented Aboriginal fairy tales.

I bet 99.99% of all Abbos ever born would have known nothing about Ayers Rock.

Probably a few hundred went there over 40,000 years & painted a couple of pictures.

All of sudden some Abbo was told about & then claimed they owned it.

It's all nonsense.

It's not nonsense.  All Aborigines in Oz don't need to have seen it.  It was part of the tribal lands of a particular tribe.  It contains their sacred paths

You may not know the streets in Darwin or Cairns if you're not from there.  Doesn't mean certain places don't matter to the people in Cairns and Darwin. 

You might be an Egyptian going a hundred generations back.  You can't climb the pyramids, nor can anyone else.  Try it and you'll find yourself in an Egyptian prison

Hey that's what I just told you more or less when you thought it was just the tourists who weren't able to.

Glad to see you're starting to agree with me 👍

That's 1 post there Hammer 😂😂😂😂

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #647 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:03pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 9:03pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 8:21pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 7:26pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 7:18pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 7:11pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 7:03pm:
John if the government handed Bondi Beach to a group of white people, with the expectation that they would ban all women and non-white men in accordance with their religious views, and that ownership would be an exclusive birthright of their children, would you insist that it is not racist so long as there was a theoretical possibility of them letting a non-white person in who adopted their religion and culture?

blah blah blah ....
lots of groups of white people own land around bondi that I am restricted from accessing FD. Why isn't that racism? Cheesy Cheesy

A very weak answer.

I never expected you to get it booby. you rarely do.

John why does the fact that all Australians, regardless of race, have a right to purchase property near Bondi Beach

Just as every australian has the right to purchase control of Uluru . ... if the current owners were so inclined to sell.

you can keep pretending it's racist till you're blue in the face, it won't help you.

No they do not John. The right is reserved exclusively for a racial group. 40 pages in and you still can't get the basic facts straight. They cannot sell it even if they want to.

John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 9:06pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 8:21pm:
If the government handed control of Bondi Beach to a group of white people,

Why just bondi FD?? Govt. has given control off many beaches to white man. Were they racist?

Back to stupid eh John? No Australian beaches are reserved exclusively for one racial group, except for a few Aboriginal ones.

Quote:
the fact that aborigines spirituality is centred around natural objects as opposed to man made shrines, temples and statues does not make them any less significant to their religious beliefs.

This is about the law John. Refusing to impose their religious beliefs on other people with the heavy hand of the law says nothing at all about the significance of their beliefs to them. It is simply a basic and necessary principle for a functioning civilisation.

Let's try for John's fifth jellyfish impersonation:

If the government handed control of Bondi Beach to a group of white people, with the expectation that they would ban all women and non-white men in accordance with their religious views, and that control over the beach would be an exclusive birthright of their children, would you insist that it is not racist so long as there was a theoretical possibility of them letting a non-white person in who adopted their religion and culture?

Is it dawning on you how idiotic your argument is yet? Or does it still need some work?

PZ:

Quote:
I don't know if this is the case, but what if the Aborigines believe the Rock contains a spirit?  What if they believe it is alive?
What if they believe that tourists from all over the world are disrespecting, desecrating the home of that spirit?

What if the Aborigines have had to watch this happening for decades but didn't have the voice or the confidence to complain?  Then they were provided a voice, or found their voice and said, 'No more.  Keep off that rock.  It might be just a big rock to you, but it's actually a lot more than that to us '

So what? Are you saying the law should intervene to protect people's superstitions?

Quote:
I don't know if that's how they feel of course. Tourists aren't allowed to climb the pyramids at Giza any longer though, are they?  And tourists have to accept tha

This isn't Egypt. Our women don't get pack raped on the streets either. We like to set the bar a little higher.

Quote:
People aren't allowed to remove flora from our national parks.

Aborigines often are. Does that seem racist to you? Or are you blind to racism when it is wrapped in the woolly fuzz of political correctness?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #648 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:04pm

PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:00pm:
PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:36pm:
Quote:
After inviting worldwide tenders in 1922, the New South Wales Government received twenty proposals from six companies and on 24 March 1924; the contract (for Australian 4,217,721 pounds 11 shillings and 10 pence!) was let to the English firm Dorman Long and Co of Middlesbrough

Quote:
The tender of Dorman Long and Co. Ltd., of Middlesborough England for an arch bridge was accepted. The Dorman Long and Co's Consulting Engineer, Sir Ralph Freeman, carried out the detailed design of the bridge

Quote:
Under the direction of Dr John Bradfield of the NSW Department of Public Works, the bridge was designed and built by British firm Dorman Long and Co Ltd of Middlesbrough and opened in 1932

Quote:
This change required massive amounts of steel, which Bradfield sourced in the smelters of Middlesborough in England which produced silicon steel. This was stronger than any previous type of steel and ensured that Bradfield committed to having British firms involved in the project.

Australian workers were soon joined by stonemasons from Scotland and Italy, shipwrights from Belfast and furnace men from America

Quote:
At each end of the arch stands a pair of 89 m (292 ft) high concrete pylons, faced with granite.[19] The pylons were designed by the Scottish architect Thomas S. Tait,[20] a partner in the architectural firm John Burnet & Partners.[21]

Quote:
Some 250 Australian, Scottish, and Italian stonemasons and their families relocated to a temporary settlement at Moruya, NSW, 300 km (186 mi) south of Sydney, where they quarried around 18,000 m3 (635,664 cu ft) of granite for the bridge pylons.[13] The stonemasons cut, dressed, and numbered the blocks, which were then transported to Sydney on three ships built specifically for this purpose. The Moruya quarry was managed by John Gilmore, a Scottish stonemason who emigrated, with his young family to Australia in 1924, at the request of the project managers

in black and white

I really am surprised you didn't know

It's made me realise how many dimwits are in this forum who possess less than even a Grade school education

and who've done nothing to educate themselves in the past fifty odd years

yet who still imagine they can bully, browbeat and sound-off as if they ate Encyclopedia Britannica whole

I have to stop coming here.  It's brain damaging

Yes you should stop coming here. Especially with THAT ridiculous ID.

Many thanks for the laughs though.

Oh and next time try reading the contents of your links. They contradict what you say 😂😂😂

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #649 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:06pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:01pm:
How many times?  Designed, fabricated, transported, supervised, built primarily by non Australian craftsmen

all the skilled tradesmen came from overseas, for the poo kickers, runners and labourers they used locals.

proof?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #650 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:06pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:14pm:
PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Sir Bob

Quote:
I am an Australian citizen and as such I should have a right to go to Ayers Rock

No you shouldn't, Bob.  As an Australian citizen there are many places which are restricted to you.  Your 'rights' stretch only so far

Try getting into Parliament House in any State or in ACT

You won't be allowed in, despite you fund it in miniscule manner

As an Australian citizen, you can't undertake an unaccompanied stroll across the Harbour Bridge or in the Opera House, can you?

One of the reasons people are objecting to restrictions placed on the Rock is the mere fact they've been told they're 'not allowed'

When children are around 18 months to two years of age, they scream that they want something. Then, when they get it, they don't want it any more

What sort of an argument is that?

Comparing Australians to toddlers?

Misrepresenting access to Aust Parliament houses?

And then using high profile city icons which are security zones requiring protection against terrorism as supposed legitimate examples?

Seriously..... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yep.....here's the other post Hammer 😂😂😂

Hilarious stuff   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #651 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:10pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:06pm:

proof?

Delusions?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #652 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:10pm

freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:03pm:
No they do not John.

they often do with mining companies FD. Have you any tangible reason for thinking this is any different or are you guessing again?.
Back to stupid eh John?

you seem to like it there

No Australian beaches are reserved exclusively for one racial group, except for a few Aboriginal ones.

no, aborigines are banned as well. It has nothing to do with race despite you pretending it does. I've already told you, you can join their tribe and adopt their beliefs and they'll even let a white fellow like you climb it.

Is it dawning on you how idiotic your argument is yet

not as idiotic as claiming it's racist

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #653 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:11pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:06pm:

proof?

you didn't read PZ's quotes did you?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #654 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:18pm

Quote:
they often do with mining companies FD. Have you any tangible reason for thinking this is any different or are you guessing again?.

https://www.clc.org.au/index.php?/land-won-back/info/uluru-kata-tjuta-land-claim/

The land would become Aboriginal land (inalienable freehold)

Quote:
no, aborigines are banned as well

From where? Uluru? We have been over this also. The men traditionally climb it for ceremonial purposes. The women, of course, are banned. This is the case for most Aboriginal sacred sites. The evidence specifically referring to Uluru has been presented to you several times already.

Quote:
I've already told you, you can join their tribe and adopt their beliefs and they'll even let a white fellow like you climb it.

And here we go with jellyfish number 6. John has now created the circle of jellyfish.

If the government handed control of Bondi Beach to a group of white people, with the expectation that they would ban all women and non-white men in accordance with their religious views, and that control over the beach would be an exclusive birthright of their children, would you insist that it is not racist so long as there was a theoretical possibility of them letting a non-white person in who adopted their religion and culture?

Is it dawning on you how idiotic your argument is yet? Or does it still need some work?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #655 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:21pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:21pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:20pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:15pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
what government lawyers? The Liberal Party?

the decision to ban climbers was made in conjunction with a govt. body. I would assume they had lawyers look at the agreement to make sure it complied.

No deal has been struck muppet. It's a load of bs.

Well....he is a self confessed Aboriginal. FD outted the liar on that only this evening.

And as we all know... he's a self confessed BS espousing nutter!

And 👀 he now has a team of nutters supporting him too. For added effect 😂😂😂😂

Some aborigines struck a deal amongst themselves and now he believes there's going to be a ban??? OMG!!

It's all BS!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #656 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:22pm

freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:18pm:
Quote:
no, aborigines are banned as well

From where? Uluru? We have been over this also. The men traditionally climb it for ceremonial purposes. The women, of course, are banned. This is the case for most Aboriginal sacred sites. The evidence specifically referring to Uluru has been presented to you several times already.

You really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, do you.

In Indigenous reckoning, there is women's business and men's business. Men can't go some places, women can't go some places.

And not all men walk on the rock.

It's seriously a national embarrassment how little most Australians know about Aboriginal ways of doing things.

And then, to top it all off, fools like FD call them racist. It's astonishing.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #657 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:24pm

So it seems FD was right...any proposed changes to the original agreement reached re Uluru are racist based.

😐

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #658 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:25pm

mothra wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:22pm:
In Indigenous reckoning, there is women's business and men's business. Men can't go some places, women can't go some places.

Thanks Mothra. Are you saying it is not sexist for all women to be banned from Uluru, but not all men? Is this your special brand of feminism we are witnessing? The kid that supports blatant sexism if it is wrapped in the woolly fuzz of political correctness?

mothra wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:22pm:
It's seriously a national embarrassment how little most Australians know about Aboriginal ways of doing things.

Ah. Are you referring to John Smith's repeated lies, even after the evidence was presented in black and white, about everyone, including all the Aboriginal men, being banned?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #659 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:27pm

freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:25pm:
Quote:

Thanks Mothra. Are you saying it is not sexist for all women to be banned from Uluru, but not all men? Is this your special brand of feminism we are witnessing? The kid that supports blatant sexism if it is wrapped in the woolly fuzz of political correctness?

Of course it's not sexist. I keep telling you that.

Why are you superimposing your own standards on an ancient culture? Want the whole world like you, do you?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 51
Send Topic Print