Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 51
Send Topic Print
Racism, sacred cows and political correctness (Read 110609 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Racism, sacred cows and political correctness
Reply #585 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:15pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
what government lawyers? The Liberal Party?

the decision to ban climbers was made in conjunction with a govt. body. I would assume they had lawyers look at the agreement to make sure it complied.

No deal has been struck muppet. It's a load of bs.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #586 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:15pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:08pm:
PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:01pm:
The Rock is flaking and eroding away as is clear in any close-up photo

More importantly, the Rock is a sacred site.  And the track used by tourists to climb it is, as the article I posted said, a sacred pathway

Wherever we step, we leave our essence.  Yes, it's invisible to our eyes.  But our eyes see only a tiny fraction of all that is

Allowing tourists to walk that sacred path is tantamount to saying it's fine for those same tourists, giggling, eating, joking, to walk through your family front door

It's sacrilege.  We do not permit the profane to giggle and chew as they walk through Westminster Abbey or into the Pope's Inner Sanctum.  We wouldn't allow just anyone to wander into our family's burial vault

It's time we learned some respect.  It's time we learned and taught our children that certain places are off-limits to us

We failed to learn.  We failed to adhere to the polite and reasonable requests that we behave appropriately whilst at the Rock

Our Age of Entitlement must end.  As we're incapable of ending it ourselves via our attitudes and behaviours, we must obey when we have to be 'told', like children

I'm glad they're restricting access to the Rock.  It deserves better.  And if tourists want to undertake that long and expensive journey, they need to know from the outset, from before they leave their homelands, that they will be permitted to take the walking track around the Rock, but the Rock itself is off-limits

I'm glad it will eventually be able in the future to slumber in the sun, free of thousands of profane feet

What a load of invented BS.

If the rock was so delicate... it would be off limits to EVERYONE.

That's how it works EVERYWHERE else in the world.

But.....you STILL don't get it.

Perhaps you need more time (and meds) to think about it eh?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Are you working on making absolutely stupid posts?

Can you not see the difference between a few people walking on the rock for ritual purposes and 10's of thousands of tourists clambering all over it?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #587 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:15pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Sir Bob

Quote:
I am an Australian citizen and as such I should have a right to go to Ayers Rock

No you shouldn't, Bob.  As an Australian citizen there are many places which are restricted to you.  Your 'rights' stretch only so far

Try getting into Parliament House in any State or in ACT

You won't be allowed in, despite you fund it in miniscule manner

As an Australian citizen, you can't undertake an unaccompanied stroll across the Harbour Bridge or in the Opera House, can you?

One of the reasons people are objecting to restrictions placed on the Rock is the mere fact they've been told they're 'not allowed'

When children are around 18 months to two years of age, they scream that they want something. Then, when they get it, they don't want it any more

Anybody can stroll across the harbour bridge. I've done it a bunch of times.

Just take everything she posts with a pinch of salt.

And laugh 😂😂😂

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #588 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:17pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
Sir Bob

Quote:
I am an Australian citizen and as such I should have a right to go to Ayers Rock

No you shouldn't, Bob.  As an Australian citizen there are many places which are restricted to you.  Your 'rights' stretch only so far

As an Australian citizen, you can't undertake an unaccompanied stroll across the Harbour Bridge or in the Opera House, can you?

One of the reasons people are objecting to restrictions placed on the Rock is the mere fact they've been told they're 'not allowed'

When children are around 18 months to two years of age, they scream that they want something. Then, when they get it, they don't want it any more

Of course - private property & Govt. property is not always accessible.
The Govt. has to have security.

as in this case the aborigines want to secure their sacred site.

No - you and other progressives are just pandering to invented Aboriginal fairy tales.

I bet 99.99% of all Abbos ever born would have known nothing about Ayers Rock.

Probably a few hundred went there over 40,000 years & painted a couple of pictures.

All of sudden some Abbo was told about & then claimed they owned it.

It's all nonsense.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #589 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:19pm

Imo, the restrictions placed on the Rock are good.  It shows Australia's coming of age

We used to crawl to tourists, didn't matter if they'd killed our grandfathers in war or if we thought those tourists were pigs

Come to Orstraylya.  Look, we've got the Barrier Reef ! We didn't actually create the Barrier Reef, but it's 'ours'.
We've got a bridge in Sydney that was made entirely in Scotland and constructed by Scottish craftsmen.  But it's ours, it's one of our Best Things.  And then there's the Opera House, designed by a Scandinavian, but it's 'ours'

We have kangaroos and koalas.  We stick them on all our postcards.  We didn't create them, but they're 'ours' ... part of our fledgling identity

Please come to Orstraylya.  We're a long way to come and there's not much to see when you get here with jet lag. It will cost you a lot.  We don't have lions and elephants like Africa. We don't have thousand year old temples like India.  We don't have Yellowstone or a Grand Canyon like the USA, but please come and tell us how great we are

Oh, and we have a big rock right in the centre of our empty land.  It looks red depending on the light.  We stick that on our postcards too

Oops. Scrap that.  You won't be able to climb it any more.  But it's still good.  We didn't actually create the Rock, but we've claimed it as part of our identity too.  Ooops.  Scrap that as well.  The Aborigines have taken it back.  You can still come and look at it though

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #590 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:20pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:15pm:

the decision to ban climbers was made in conjunction with a govt. body. I would assume they had lawyers look at the agreement to make sure it complied.

Well....he is a self confessed Aboriginal. FD outted the liar on that only this evening.

And as we all know... he's a self confessed BS espousing nutter!

And 👀 he now has a team of nutters supporting him too. For added effect 😂😂😂😂

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #591 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:20pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:15pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Sir Bob

Quote:

Anybody can stroll across the harbour bridge. I've done it a bunch of times.

Just take everything she posts with a pinch of salt.

And laugh 😂😂😂

I couldn't believe that one. I love walking over the bridge Lisa. If she means walking up in the arch that's bloody dangerous and you need to be hooked up to a cable.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #592 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:21pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:20pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:15pm:

Well....he is a self confessed Aboriginal. FD outted the liar on that only this evening.

And as we all know... he's a self confessed BS espousing nutter!

And 👀 he now has a team of nutters supporting him too. For added effect 😂😂😂😂

Some aborigines struck a deal amongst themselves and now he believes there's going to be a ban??? OMG!!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #593 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:23pm

PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:19pm:
Imo, the restrictions placed on the Rock are good.  It shows Australia's coming of age

We used to crawl to tourists, didn't matter if they'd killed our grandfathers in war or if we thought those tourists were pigs

Come to Orstraylya.  Look, we've got the Barrier Reef ! We didn't actually create the Barrier Reef, but it's 'ours'.
We've got a bridge in Sydney that was made entirely in Scotland and constructed by Scottish craftsmen.  But it's ours, it's one of our Best Things.  And then there's the Opera House, designed by a Scandinavian, but it's 'ours'

We have kangaroos and koalas.  We stick them on all our postcards.  We didn't create them, but they're 'ours' ... part of our fledgling identity

Please come to Orstraylya.  We're a long way to come and there's not much to see when you get here with jet lag. It will cost you a lot.  We don't have lions and elephants like Africa. We don't have thousand year old temples like India.  We don't have Yellowstone or a Grand Canyon like the USA, but please come and tell us how great we are

Oh, and we have a big rock right in the centre of our empty land.  It looks red depending on the light.  We stick that on our postcards too

Oops. Scrap that.  You won't be able to climb it any more.  But it's still good.  We didn't actually create the Rock, but we've claimed it as part of our identity too.  Ooops.  Scrap that as well.  The Aborigines have taken it back.  You can still come and look at it though

The Harbour Bridge was constructed by Scottish craftsmen???

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #594 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:23pm

Ok. I have to ask. Is that you Mellie?

I mean you're posting utter non sensical BS which just can't be taken seriously. Well not unless you're totally insane  Angry

And you know that we know this.

So give up the game.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #595 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:23pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
Sir Bob

Quote:

Of course - private property & Govt. property is not always accessible.
The Govt. has to have security.

as in this case the aborigines want to secure their sacred site.

No - you and other progressives are just pandering to invented Aboriginal fairy tales.

I bet 99.99% of all Abbos ever born would have known nothing about Ayers Rock.

Probably a few hundred went there over 40,000 years & painted a couple of pictures.

All of sudden some Abbo was told about & then claimed they owned it.

It's all nonsense.

It's not nonsense.  All Aborigines in Oz don't need to have seen it.  It was part of the tribal lands of a particular tribe.  It contains their sacred paths

You may not know the streets in Darwin or Cairns if you're not from there.  Doesn't mean certain places don't matter to the people in Cairns and Darwin.  You might be an Egyptian going a hundred generations back.  You can't climb the pyramids, nor can anyone else.  Try it and you'll find yourself in an Egyptian prison

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #596 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:25pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:23pm:

The Harbour Bridge was constructed by Scottish craftsmen???

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That ID is here to stir. Obviously 😂

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #597 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:25pm

PZ547 wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:23pm:
It's not nonsense.  All Aborigines in Oz don't need to have seen it.  It was part of the tribal lands of a particular tribe.  It contains their sacred paths

You may not know the streets in Darwin or Cairns if you're not from there.  Doesn't mean certain places don't matter to the people in Cairns and Darwin.  You might be an Egyptian going a hundred generations back.  You can't climb the pyramids, nor can anyone else.  Try it and you'll find yourself in an Egyptian prison

sacred paths  - gimme a break.  Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #598 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:26pm

Lisa, Bobby and Hammer. A great meeting of minds.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #599 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:27pm

mothra wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:26pm:
Lisa, Bobby and Hammer. A great meeting of minds.
When all else fails get personal. Typical Mothra tactic.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 51
Send Topic Print