Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 51
Send Topic Print
Racism, sacred cows and political correctness (Read 110770 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Racism, sacred cows and political correctness
Reply #255 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:01am

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:54am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:51am:
freediver wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:20am:
John Smith wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:45am:
Quote:
The process by which control over Uluru was wrapped up in racism. Was that the same process Mabo used?

what process did they use FD?

Quote:
No-one is forcing them to exclude people from Uluru based on racism and superstitious belief.

Good thing they are not then ehh. Roll Eyes

They used a political process, based on racism. Pretty much the opposite of Mabo. They did this because, for obvious reasons, the courts rejected a Mabo-style claim on our most iconic national monument.

Their exclusion is based on superstitious belief and they were only permitted to get their superstition enshrined in law because they are aborigines. Contrary to your claim, white people would not be permitted to pull the same stunt. It would be shouted down with hysterical cries of racism.

That's right, FD. Aborigines hold things called traditional beliefs. It's hard to understand, I know, but the shift to preserving these beliefs is seen as the opposite of past racist policies.

So unfair, I know. The Stolen Generation, the Native Protection Boards, the White Australia Policy - these were implemented to stop such diabolical racism of the kind we see today.

Fancy giving Boongs your national icon. What a load of wacist tosh.

Shurely it could be mined instead.
Will aborigines continue to walk on the rock when whitey is chucked off?

Firstly, "whitey" isn't getting chucked off. Stop being hysterical.

Secondly, what is done with Uluru is the business of the Anangu people and absolutely none of yours.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #256 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:04am

mothra wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:01am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:54am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:51am:
Quote:
The process by which control over Uluru was wrapped up in racism. Was that the same process Mabo used?

Quote:
No-one is forcing them to exclude people from Uluru based on racism and superstitious belief.

They used a political process, based on racism. Pretty much the opposite of Mabo. They did this because, for obvious reasons, the courts rejected a Mabo-style claim on our most iconic national monument.

Their exclusion is based on superstitious belief and they were only permitted to get their superstition enshrined in law because they are aborigines. Contrary to your claim, white people would not be permitted to pull the same stunt. It would be shouted down with hysterical cries of racism.

That's right, FD. Aborigines hold things called traditional beliefs. It's hard to understand, I know, but the shift to preserving these beliefs is seen as the opposite of past racist policies.

So unfair, I know. The Stolen Generation, the Native Protection Boards, the White Australia Policy - these were implemented to stop such diabolical racism of the kind we see today.

Fancy giving Boongs your national icon. What a load of wacist tosh.

Shurely it could be mined instead.
Will aborigines continue to walk on the rock when whitey is chucked off?

Firstly, "whitey" isn't getting chucked off. Stop being hysterical.

Secondly, what is done with Uluru is the business of the Anangu people and absolutely none of yours.

I beg to differ Mothballs.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #257 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:15am

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:59am:
yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock
The Issues Surrounding the Uluru Climb
In a nutshell: Ayers Rock is a sacred site and the Aboriginal owners ask you to respect their law and not to climb it. The official "Please Don't Climb Uluru" message from the Government site gives two reasons for their request:
The climbing route is a sacred path of spiritual significance that is only taken by few Aboriginal men on special occasions.

Was it John Smith or Mothra accusing me of lying about Aborigines climbing the rock? This went on for pages and pages. Just more lies to support racist laws.

It is both racist and sexist. They won't let women up there, even if they are from the correct tribe. Why is the government enshrining superstition, racism and sexism into law?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #258 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:17am

freediver wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:15am:
yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock
In a nutshell: Ayers Rock is a sacred site and the Aboriginal owners ask you to respect their law and not to climb it. The official "Please Don't Climb Uluru" message from the Government site gives two reasons for their request:
The climbing route is a sacred path of spiritual significance that is only taken by few Aboriginal men on special occasions.

Was it John Smith or Mothra accusing me of lying about Aborigines climbing the rock? This went on for pages and pages. Just more lies to support racist laws.

It is both racist and sexist. They won't let women up there, even if they are from the correct tribe.
And that was from a leftie website Freediver. You can bet aborigines climb it whenever they like.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #259 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:18am

now now FD, you're doing that thing you do all the time where you just make crap up. Stop it, it's not very becoming off you.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #260 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:19am

Quote:

Quote:

so the political process is racist?  Grin Grin Grin

you're sounding like an old shrill

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #261 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:22am

yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock
The climbing route is a sacred path of spiritual significance that is only taken[highlight] by few Aboriginal men on special occasions[/highlight].

so it's a few select aboriginal who can climb it, not all abo's ...

thanks for proving it's not racism Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #262 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:23am

yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock

It is both racist and sexist. They won't let women up there, even if they are from the correct tribe. Why is the government enshrining superstition, racism and sexism into law?
#

He's taking the piss, right?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #263 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:24am

John Smith wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:22am:
yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock
The climbing route is a sacred path of spiritual significance that is only taken[highlight] by few Aboriginal men on special occasions[/highlight].

So if they do it then why is it an issue?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #264 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:31am

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:24am:
yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock

they do it only on special occasions hammer. I would hazard a guess that it's for spiritual purposes. If you or FD want to climb Uluru I suggest you join the tribe, become their 'priests' and you to will be able to climb up on special occasions.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #265 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:39am

mothra wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:23am:
yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock

#

He's taking the piss, right?

Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #266 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:40am

John Smith wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:31am:
yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock

they do it only on special occasions hammer. I would hazard a guess that it's for spiritual purposes. If you or FD want to climb Uluru I suggest you join the tribe, become their 'priests' and you to will be able to climb up on special occasions.

What about if we want to do it for spiritual purposes?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #267 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:43am

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:40am:
yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock

you'll need to talk to them. I'm not sure you can make up 'spiritual purposes' on the hop, but you're welcome to try.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #268 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:44am

yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock

Well, that's okay then. You buy the rock from the Boongs and you can do whatever you want on it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #269 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:45am

John Smith wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:43am:
yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock

you'll need to talk to them. I'm not sure you can make up 'spiritual purposes' on the hop, but you're welcome to try.

Who says they aren't? Maybe they are climbing it to have a bong with a view?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 51
Send Topic Print