Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 51
Send Topic Print
Racism, sacred cows and political correctness (Read 110011 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Racism, sacred cows and political correctness
Reply #240 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:45am

Quote:
The process by which control over Uluru was wrapped up in racism. Was that the same process Mabo used?

what process did they use FD?

Quote:
No-one is forcing them to exclude people from Uluru based on racism and superstitious belief.

Good thing they are not then ehh. Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #241 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:47am

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:43am:
Gnads wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:39am:
freediver wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:09pm:
Aussie wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:05pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 10:58pm:
Aussie wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 10:55pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 10:52pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 10:47pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 10:40pm:
Mabo did not grant extra rights to aboriginal people Aussie.

that's right FD ... it instead recognised traditional ownership

if wouldn't have mattered if the Anunga group were swedish, chinese, aboriginal, mexican, russian, english, black , green, pink or white .... they have rights over ayers rock because they were deemed the traditional owners.

NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE

So the process was the same as Mabo?

Effendi.....did you need a permit to access Frazer Island?

Like I just said Aussie, no. But don't let that stop you getting to the point.

Really?  Did you and your mates walk when you got there, or drive a car?

Like I said Aussie, don't let my personal circumstances stop you getting to the point.

You actually do need a permit to access Fraser(with an "s") Island.

And a permit to access Arnhem Land which effectively fences off a huge part of Australia.

And permission to enter the Vesteys cattle station, which is supposed to be as big as France.

We have a curious term for this, Homo. Ask your mum about it.

It's called private property.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #242 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:49am

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:47am:

if wouldn't have mattered if the Anunga group were swedish, chinese, aboriginal, mexican, russian, english, black , green, pink or white .... they have rights over ayers rock because they were deemed the traditional owners.

NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE

Like I said Aussie, don't let my personal circumstances stop you getting to the point.

And a permit to access Arnhem Land which effectively fences off a huge part of Australia.

And permission to enter the Vesteys cattle station, which is supposed to be as big as France.

Fences are built to keep cattle in babe. Arnhem Land is designed to keep white people out.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #243 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:52am

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:04am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 8:12am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 8:09am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 8:04am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 8:02am:
Walking on Ularu is against their rules, dear. They even call it the law.

Cunning, no?

Laws change. Everything changes. Australia is changing. Why don't aborigines have to change?

Why can't tourists change?

It's not as if FD's a regular Ularu climber.

Who own's your mum's house, by the way? You haven't said.
Why are you interested in my mothers house? Do you want to stop people walking on the lawn or something?

No, I want to climb the roof. And given it's public housing, I believe I have every right to.

You?

Their children do that in communities where they have only tank water ... and guess what they do whilst they're up on the roof?

Is that your purpose as well?  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #244 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:16am

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:49am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:47am:

NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE

Fences are built to keep cattle in babe. Arnhem Land is designed to keep white people out.

There's fences around Arnhem land built to keep white people out?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #245 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:20am

John Smith wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:45am:
Quote:
The process by which control over Uluru was wrapped up in racism. Was that the same process Mabo used?

Quote:
No-one is forcing them to exclude people from Uluru based on racism and superstitious belief.

They used a political process, based on racism. Pretty much the opposite of Mabo. They did this because, for obvious reasons, the courts rejected a Mabo-style claim on our most iconic national monument.

Their exclusion is based on superstitious belief and they were only permitted to get their superstition enshrined in law because they are aborigines. Contrary to your claim, white people would not be permitted to pull the same stunt. It would be shouted down with hysterical cries of racism.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #246 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:22am

freediver wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:20am:
Quote:

Quote:

They used a political process, based on racism. Pretty much the opposite of Mabo. They did this because, for obvious reasons, the courts rejected a Mabo-style claim on our most iconic national monument.

You have yet to successfully explain how there is any racism (aside from your own) involved at all.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #247 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:22am

I can understand closing off certain areas for the well being of that environment.

I'm currently on Facing Island off Gladstone and it can only be accessed by barge and 4wd .... and I see what idiots in 4wds and motorbikes do over here.
A place where there a lots of ground nesting sea birds and turtles. They go into dune areas where they shouldn't all the time.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #248 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:24am

John Smith wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:40am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:49pm:
.. and they refuse to accept it - can't have it both ways, Herr Schmidt.  Once again - 'traditional ownership' does not mean total possession and absolute rights..... it only permits traditional activities such as hunting and fishing....

This is an ambent claim to try to push the boundaries further along the way to total control over whatever they want - that's the way of the feminists and of governments - push and push like children to see how far they can go, and it's time to start saying NO in many spheres of society in this nation.

You wanna close Ayers Rock?  Ask the Australian people..... WE own it as  a national treasure.

Plebiscite.

Get with the program here....

who refuses to accept it?  And since when did the high court ask the australian people anything  before making a decision?

What does the high court have to do with it? The court rejected their claim on Uluru.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #249 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:51am

Quote:

Quote:

Their exclusion is based on superstitious belief and they were only permitted to get their superstition enshrined in law because they are aborigines. Contrary to your claim, white people would not be permitted to pull the same stunt. It would be shouted down with hysterical cries of racism.

That's right, FD. Aborigines hold things called traditional beliefs. It's hard to understand, I know, but the shift to preserving these beliefs is seen as the opposite of past racist policies.

So unfair, I know. The Stolen Generation, the Native Protection Boards, the White Australia Policy - these were implemented to stop such diabolical racism of the kind we see today.

Fancy giving Boongs your national icon. What a load of wacist tosh.

Shurely it could be mined instead.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #250 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:52am

freediver wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:24am:
John Smith wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:40am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:49pm:
.. and they refuse to accept it - can't have it both ways, Herr Schmidt.  Once again - 'traditional ownership' does not mean total possession and absolute rights..... it only permits traditional activities such as hunting and fishing....

This is an ambent claim to try to push the boundaries further along the way to total control over whatever they want - that's the way of the feminists and of governments - push and push like children to see how far they can go, and it's time to start saying NO in many spheres of society in this nation.

You wanna close Ayers Rock?  Ask the Australian people..... WE own it as  a national treasure.

Plebiscite.

Get with the program here....

who refuses to accept it?  And since when did the high court ask the australian people anything  before making a decision?

What does the high court have to do with it? The court rejected their claim on Uluru.

Really?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #251 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:54am

mothra wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:22am:
Quote:

Quote:

You have yet to successfully explain how there is any racism (aside from your own) involved at all.

FD's not racist, Mothra. Boongs are not a race.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #252 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:54am

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:51am:
Quote:

Quote:

That's right, FD. Aborigines hold things called traditional beliefs. It's hard to understand, I know, but the shift to preserving these beliefs is seen as the opposite of past racist policies.

So unfair, I know. The Stolen Generation, the Native Protection Boards, the White Australia Policy - these were implemented to stop such diabolical racism of the kind we see today.

Will aborigines continue to walk on the rock when whitey is chucked off?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #253 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:55am

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:54am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:51am:
Quote:

Quote:

Will aborigines continue to walk on the rock when whitey is chucked off?

They don't walk on the rock now, dear. That's the point.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #254 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:59am

yes they do babe.

Climbing Ayers Rock
The Issues Surrounding the Uluru Climb
In a nutshell: Ayers Rock is a sacred site and the Aboriginal owners ask you to respect their law and not to climb it. The official "Please Don't Climb Uluru" message from the Government site gives two reasons for their request:
The climbing route is a sacred path of spiritual significance that is only taken by few Aboriginal men on special occasions.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 51
Send Topic Print