Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 51
Send Topic Print
Racism, sacred cows and political correctness (Read 110003 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Racism, sacred cows and political correctness
Reply #15 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:35pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 2:55pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 9:08am:
White people will be banned from Uluru. All non-aborigines will be, and presumably those aborigines who are from the wrong tribal group. Clearly, this is racist.

You've been given some wrong information.

1. it's a ban on climbing - not visiting.

2. everybody will be banned from climbing the rock - not just non-aboriginals.

Sure. They don't want the MONEY to dry up
They just want to assert their POWAH over those whom they envy, rip-off, rape, kill and rob

Nice work if you can get it, they chuckle

I vote Australians boycott the Rock and everything connected with it

We have many more rocks and attractions we can exploit for that tourist dollar and a lot easier and cheaper to get to, as well as being a lot safer

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:38pm

PZ547 wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:33pm:
DNA testing of anyone claiming Aboriginality is easy today.  Why isn't it being utilized?

Do some reading at this site: https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/people/aboriginal-identity-wh...

It might help you.

"Proposals of genetic testing as a means of proving one’s Aboriginality have been dismissed on the grounds that ‘race’ and ‘ethnicity’ are social, cultural and political constructs which cannot be tested objectively."

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #17 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:41pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:38pm:
DNA testing of anyone claiming Aboriginality is easy today.  Why isn't it being utilized?

Do some reading at this site: https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/people/aboriginal-identity-wh...

It might help you.

"Proposals of genetic testing as a means of proving one’s Aboriginality have been dismissed on the grounds that ‘race’ and ‘ethnicity’ are social, cultural and political constructs which cannot be tested objectively."

Feminist absurdity writ large!

Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:46pm

Firstly, I think the 'Climbing Ban' was orchestrated by Whites ironically.
Based on the recent failings of non-aboriginal people having to get rescued from 'The Rock' by Helicopter.
Besides many people in the past having had heart-attacks climbing (helicoptered off) or just plain dying from falls.

The 'whites' can now 'reap the financial reward' of providing more 'Helicopter Scenic Rides' instead for those willing to pay $150-$300 to see it from above.
Wink

Aboriginal 'Spirituality'?
Well, although I am supportive of their cause - the translation of the use of the word 'spirituality' is lost on me.
For starters (and based on Master Mythologist Joseph Campbell) - their Dreamtime is a 'Mythology', not a Spirituality and definitely not a Religion ('written' word in books).

The only manifestation of Spirituality is 'Fashion' and if you look at anyone who considers themselves 'Spiritual' - they are mostly expressed 'visually' (at times artistically) by their FASHION.

I do consider Uluru has a significant importance of 'physical' description to 'our' existence as Australians as, like King Arthur had to learn in 'Excalibur' - to be 'one with the Land'. But having delved into many 'mythologies' both domestic for minorities and the global mythology that we are all trying to understand.
I can tell, you - Uluru has a significant part in the Global Mythology, not just to Aboriginals.
...but that's another story.  Wink

So no more tax-payer funded Helicopter rescues (as I'm sure the victims aren't paying the costs?).

Parliament House has 'banned' all walks upon the lawns above it and their excuse is 'security-terrorism-etc'.

As for Aboriginal empowerments, etc.
Well, as long as the Union Jack is on the Flag (giving significance to 'minorities') - the Aboriginals will always get 'special' treatment.
Of course - a REPUBLIC, would wipe the slate clean and 'everyone' is given 'equal' share and empowerment. So until then...
...but that's another story.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:50pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:46pm:
For starters (and based on Master Mythologist Joseph Campbell) - their Dreamtime is a 'Mythology', not a Spirituality and definitely not a Religion ('written' word in books).

what makes you think the two are mutually exclusive? Greek mythology is based on their religion at the time.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 4:40pm

Alphabetnumbers.....my neighbour's milkman has a dog.  He was given it by a German with a lisp.  The dog's breeders have told the German with a lisp and he has told the milkman who told my neighbour who told me that you are posting crap.

Oh dear, who shall I believe.

So many questions.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #21 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 6:12pm

White people will be banned from Uluru. All non-aborigines will be, and presumably those aborigines who are from the wrong tribal group. Clearly, this is racist.

Is that like saying no-one has been banned from a pool, they are just not allowed to swim in it?

If Muslims decided no-one was allowed to eat bacon, on account of their sincerely held religious beliefs, would it make a difference to you if they also refrained from eating bacon?

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 6:35pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 2:29pm:
Grendel wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 2:00pm:
As i was saying about LW Progs and shallow thinkers, funnily enough they stand up for Aboriginal spiritual/religious rights etc, but don't give a damn when it comes to things like... oh I don't know...   traditional marriage? 

I respect traditional marriage.

I also respect same sex marriage.

It's not a case of one or the other, you know.

Do you respect the views of Aborigines who don't want the rock climbed, as well as the views of non-Aborigines who want to climb it?

Is that a case of one or the other?

Yes.

No.

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 8:12pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 8:08pm:
Do you disagree with Pecca's claim that we can have it both ways?

Don't put words in my mouth, FD.

I didn't say we can have it both ways.

Admit you lied, and apologise now.

Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2017 at 8:21pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:08am

freediver wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 12:40pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 12:37pm:
Quote:
Uluru closed to climbers after vote of national park board

So no one has been banned from Uluru. They have only been banned from climbing it.

Less than 20% of visitors climb it anyway

Is that like saying no-one has been banned from a pool, they are just not allowed to swim in it?

No it's not. That analogy is a strawman.
As i have already mentioned, less than 20% of visitors climb Uluru. And even of that 20%, the climb would be a minor part of their entire Uluru experience.

A more accurate analogy were if they were to ban people from climbing the Opera House..........which is actually already banned.

Quote:
Sydney's Opera House on Monday when an over-eager visitor attempted to climb the building's iconic sails.

The 20-year-old Swedish national was arrested after he was spotted by security guards about 1.40am.

He was charged with trespass under the Sydney Opera House Trust Act 1961 and will front court on November 2.
https://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/visitor-tries-climb-opera-houses-sails/1601...

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:01pm

He knows that. This is a new thread where FD tells a whole lot of hysterical porkies and refuses to answer questions.

Sort of like a cigar-store Indian version of Herbie.

FD knows he's posting lies, he doesn't mind. He's quite like Pauline this way. Check out the fake nationalist nostalgia in this one, along with all the mixed-up facts. One Nation, eat your dead heart out.

There's a senate seat coming up, FD. Interested?

Don't answer that. Stick to the plan.

1. Muslims.
2. Apologists.
3. Boongs.
4. Chows, Jews and other non-whites.

Before you know it, the fullness of time will be upon us.
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2017 at 2:11pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:06pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:01pm:
Sort of like a cigar-store Indian version of Herbie.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Thats gold

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:10pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 4:40pm:
So many questions.

Didn't Big Vic advise you to take them up with FD?

That's could work.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:22pm

Quote:
Did I mention I would like to climb the rock one day? Please, don’t take this opportunity away from us. You will regret it in countless, unknowable ways. You cannot deny rights and freedoms to other people without also denying them to yourselves.

Donations can be made through the main page. Help a patriotic white Australian get his wish.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:23pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:22pm:
Quote:
Did I mention I would like to climb the rock one day? Please, don’t take this opportunity away from us. You will regret it in countless, unknowable ways. You cannot deny rights and freedoms to other people without also denying them to yourselves.

Donations can be made through the main page. Help a patriotic white Australian get his wish.

Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:34pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:38pm:

It might help you.

"Proposals of genetic testing as a means of proving one’s Aboriginality have been dismissed on the grounds that ‘race’ and ‘ethnicity’ are social, cultural and political constructs which cannot be
tested objectively."

So no Aboriginal person could use a DNA test say with ancestry.com and expect a result with any accuracy?

Your last quote is atypical politically correct wank used to excuse all the white aboriginals whose connections are very slim.

DNA would be useless on them as well ey?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:34pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:23pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:22pm:
Quote:

Grin Grin

I'm sure I heard Alan read out the exact same plea from one of his callers.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 51
Send Topic Print