Veteran's Website (Read 1036 times)
Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Veteran's Website
Nov 3rd, 2017 at 10:30am

http://australianveteran.wixsite.com/concessions

This is a new website that aims to consolidate a lot of information for Veterans with respect to DVA, State and Federal Government concessions and a lot more.  It is new so visit when you can or add information for others

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Veteran's Website
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:41am

Being an ex-Medical industry staff member (because Bojack doesn't like me saying 'Ex-Medic' for short).
I can say that, especially in the Private sector - the Veterans Gold Card, etc - doesn't really 'buy much' in comparison.

I'm not military orientated, but from what I see - your veterans have been given a bit of a 'pacifier' (dummy) to suck on.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 12:50pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:41am:
Being an ex-Medical industry staff member (because Bojack doesn't like me saying 'Ex-Medic' for short).
I can say that, especially in the Private sector - the Veterans Gold Card, etc - doesn't really 'buy much' in comparison.

I'm not military orientated, but from what I see - your veterans have been given a bit of a 'pacifier' (dummy) to suck on.

I am not quite sure what you mean by the last sentence?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:09pm

I mean - the Gold Card is really worth jack s*** in the Private Sector. Probably just a tad higher in worth than Worker's Comp.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 5:44am

Jasin wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:09pm:
I mean - the Gold Card is really worth jack s*** in the Private Sector. Probably just a tad higher in worth than Worker's Comp.

It does have a few benefits Jasin, but I guess you are right in that DVA have put severe restrictions on it.  My Dad was a POW and eventually got  one  when he was in his 70s and for him it was unlimited everything and worth having.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 11:06am

Embarrassing moment in Hospital:

Had to switch a Veteran Gold Card/DVA patient from a single room into a Double room with a Japanese patient from the double into the single room - because the Jap was paying more or had more 'entitlements' in his payment.

The Vet was most upset and when the son came in, I copped the full blast "Disgraceful. My father served this country. That filthy Jap. Etc"

I was pro-Medical and didn't give bias to anyone, nor could I. I said I wasn't interested in 'the wars', though I am against Japs with the Whaling. But alas, the Gold Card and Worker's Comp cases are usually dodged by Doctors, Surgeons and the Private Health Sector at large because they just don't pay/cover much.

Personally, most 'male patients' prefer 'shared rooms' as they are more 'sociable' as are the males, compared to the females I found.

I will admit that although the Private sector gives more respect to us male Medical workers, it is - in regards to the Health Providers like Healthscope, Ramsey, etc. Nothing more than a pathetic and despicable money making racket. They even rip off their own staff. It's all about MONEY and as I found, more about Money than Medicine.
Such is the Australian Medical system - both Govt and Private, that they are both flawed systems (much like the UK/USA versions).
Hence I left.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #6 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 11:16am

Jasin wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 11:06am:
Embarrassing moment in Hospital:

Had to switch a Veteran Gold Card/DVA patient from a single room into a Double room with a Japanese patient from the double into the single room - because the Jap was paying more or had more 'entitlements' in his payment.

The Vet was most upset and when the son came in, I copped the full blast "Disgraceful. My father served this country. That filthy Jap. Etc"

I was pro-Medical and didn't give bias to anyone, nor could I. I said I wasn't interested in 'the wars', though I am against Japs with the Whaling. But alas, the Gold Card and Worker's Comp cases are usually dodged by Doctors, Surgeons and the Private Health Sector at large because they just don't pay/cover much.

Personally, most 'male patients' prefer 'shared rooms' as they are more 'sociable' as are the males, compared to the females I found.

I will admit that although the Private sector gives more respect to us male Medical workers, it is - in regards to the Health Providers like Healthscope, Ramsey, etc. Nothing more than a pathetic and despicable money making racket. They even rip off their own staff. It's all about MONEY and as I found, more about Money than Medicine.
Such is the Australian Medical system - both Govt and Private, that they are both flawed systems (much like the UK/USA versions).
Hence I left.

Agree there!  My wife has just retired after 35 odd years in both the Defence and Civvy medical system.  She was a Navy Medic before leaving and becoming  a "civvy" nurse.    She worked for quite a long time in the private hospital system and it is more about money than medicine.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 11:33am

I looked after many 'old Diggers' in the Hospitals.
I was even flattered that some of them 'requested' me.

I do think that something has to be done to accommodate the Veterans a bit more, especially after the retirement age at least.
The Gold Card needs to offer more than just something akin to Worker's Comp.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:38pm

Don't forget the super fund.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 8:26pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:09pm:

Like The Seniors Card that's supposed to give pensioners big discounts ... all bullshit. I threw mine away years ago, and so did my elderly neighbours.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 10:39pm

Australia has one of the highest 'Aged' population ratio's in the world.

The Senior's Card is like Puree served as Roast Lamb - because hey, you all have Dementia anyway.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print