Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Easeus Backup App. is garbage. (Read 780 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

The Easeus Backup App. is garbage.
Nov 2nd, 2017 at 3:19pm

When you want to retrieve a file from your external hard drive all that is displayed is a list saying File Backup with individual numbers all the way down the page.

No indication of what these files are.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Easeus Backup App. is garbage.
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 3:40pm

Don't use it myself. But isn't there an option to name your own file as you go? Or rename once done?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 3:43pm

lee wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 3:40pm:
Don't use it myself. But isn't there an option to name your own file as you go? Or rename once done?

No.

Once you start the Backup process it just runs automatically. 

Because I can't get rid of these Browser Hijackers I'm going to have to do a clean wipe & install from my Backup hard drive.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 3:52pm

File Backup

File backup transfers the file/folder(s) which you select into the generated image file. Click Backup -> File backup in the Home window, File tab would be shown as the default. There are two ways to select file/folder(s) to backup. Switch between them by clicking on the tab "File".

1. Specify the task/plan name and Description. An accurate task name and an appropriate description can help you to distinguish desired task from others, making it much easier when you want to do recovery.

Set advanced parameters for the current backup task/plan. See Backup options for detailed information.
    To specify to when run the backup in a schedule, click Turn on. See Schedule backup for detailed information.
    Calculate the space requirement for the files you selected.

2. Specify file/folder(s) for backup.

Select file/folder(s) from the directory structure on the left. Clicking on a directory to expand it and search for individual files needing to be backed up, or checking the checkbox in front of a directory to select the whole directory including all sub-directorys. The larger window on the right lists all the sub-folders and files under the directory you have selected.
    Specify backup files by file type(s). Some frequently-used file types have been preset and divided into 6 categories. Click on the button to select the whole category, or click Edit to expand a category and select some certain file types. If some other file type(s) not included in the default list needs to be backed up, use the first button "Add" to add new file type(s).

https://www.todo-backup.com/support/help/file-backup.htm

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 4:43pm

Thanks for that Lee, but I've since discovered that after clicking the Start icon and entering 'backup' in Search - up pops a window that shows you FILES which if you open you'll see are labelled as they are in the local Hard Drive.

But! If I click Seagate E: which is my external hard drive - all the files there are simply labelled as File Backup - and then it's identity number.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 12:16pm

EaseUS Backup retrieval didn't work.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 1:52pm

What a horrible mess. I'm off to the PC Shop again.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 11:48pm

From the EaseUS forum ...

join:2006-05-29
1 edit      
Issues with EaseUS Todo Backup
A short time ago I began using EaseUS Todo Backup which worked fine for a couple of months.  Recently a couple of issues have arisen.  Sometimes the program gives a message that the restore could not be done and prompts to retry using "sector by sector" restore.  The problem is the program apparently deletes the logical drive creating unallocated free space in its place.  One then has to create the logical drive anew and format it before EaseUS can restore using sector by sector.  The other problem encountered only once thus far is the program gave a "The partition is too small to restore the image" even though it is the exact same partition from which the image was created.

Has anyone had these issues or know of a fix within EaseUS by changing some settings?  I'm unsure of the EaseUS version I have, and I wonder if these issues might be due to bugs and whether a later version might have fixed such issues. 
· actions · 2016-Nov-11 6:46 pm ·
art22gg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC

It appears the current version is 9.2....You should be able to find your version no. under the "about" tab of the program,or if not there it will/should be listed under the properties "exe.s"..

What model do you have..free/home/worksation??

I don,t use this particular program,but if you can,t get any help on your question here,there is always the support site at ..»www.todo-backup.com/support/...

If all fails,and you find your getting nowhere,other than tearing your hair out,as an aside, I would heartily recommend Macrium Reflect for your imaging....I have been using it for a number of years now,and it has never failed me...»www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

So I'll try Macrium Reflect with more success I hope.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print