Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Qlder's can finally boot out incompetent ALP govt! (Read 14732 times)
hatman92

Australian Politics

Re: Qlder's can finally boot out incompetent ALP govt!
Reply #90 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:00pm

Labor lies once again.  Seems the left sided people have given up defending palaszczuk and her lies.  There is so many of them.

The Australian reports

Quote:
The Palaszczuk Labor government is set to offer infrastructure funding and a royalty holiday for Adani’s Carmichael mine that will together cost Queensland taxpayers almost $500 million over the first five years of production.

Despite vowing that no public funds would go to the coal project, it has emerged that the state government has been in negotiations to take over and upgrade several council roads to the mine in central Queensland at a cost of up to $100m. This comes on top of a secret incentive deal with Adani that will delay the payment of $360m in coal royalties for the five years after it opens.

Labor is also planning a fat new tax, to tax the poorest people in Queensland.

Who would vote for these idiots.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2017 at 2:14pm by hatman92 »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 4:09pm

Queensland election: Experts say LNP's power station plan not viable, would raise prices

The LNP's election pledge for a new coal-fired power station in north Queensland is akin to an idea conceived by "guys in a bar who have had too much to drink", a former power company executive has said.

Chris Walker, who previously ran the rule over new coal power projects for Queensland's largest electricity generator, said a new plant would be commercially unviable, unlikely to bring down power prices and rely on "massive" taxpayer support.

The scathing assessment from Mr Walker, a former general manager at Stanwell Corporation, adds to mounting criticism of the LNP proposal by energy experts and conservationists.

Before and during the election campaign, the LNP vowed to champion a new 800-megawatt "ultra-supercritical" coal-fired power station to be built in Collinsville by private investors.

It maintains the "high efficiency/low emissions" (HELE) plant would help drive down electricity prices and shore up supply in the north.

The LNP enjoys some political support for the project, with One Nation leader Steve Dickson declaring it a "deal breaker" in any balance-of-power talks.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has also touted the project as a candidate for federal funding via the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility.

Shadow treasurer Scott Emerson said a "hidden" report commissioned by Labor showed the project would actually lower emissions and provide cheaper power.

Hidden' report lacks substance: experts

However, the report — which found a north Queensland coal-fired plant was only viable at prolonged high wholesale prices and with no carbon price more than 30 years — appeared to have been produced in just a few days, according to its own notes.

And the company that produced it, Energy Edge, had expertise in energy trading but no experience in studying new power projects.

"It is a back-of-the-envelope exercise ... there is so much more you need to do," Mr Walker told the ABC.

"You have to analyse the market over 30 years, you have to analyse the nature of technology, regulatory risk, do the costings of different options, look at the transmission grid, concept studies, more detailed investigations of a few plausible options, prefeasibility analysis."

According to the "well-established methodology" for energy investment decisions, he said the concept of a north Queensland power station had not advanced beyond the level of "guys in a bar chatting about stuff".

Mr Walker said the report had likely overestimated the thermal efficiency of the station given its site, while capital and operating costs were "likely to be higher".

Mr Walker, who analysed a "supercritical" coal-fired plant proposal for Stanwell in 2009, said it was "ludicrous" for the LNP to say the report backed its plan.

Power plant would cost taxpayers billions

Meanwhile, energy economist Hugh Grant, a former manager at state network operator Powerlink, said the proposed plant was "uneconomic", while economist John Quiggin said it looked "certain to become a stranded asset".

And a new report by the Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF) claimed the plant would cost taxpayers an extra $7 billion over its 30-year lifetime from pollution-related disease, climate change impacts and government subsidies.

ACF economist Matt Rose said the plant would cost Queensland taxpayers $1.6 billion to $3 billion to build.

He said it would cost another $230 million a year in government subsidies, health impacts from pollution and climate change impacts.

The ACF based its figures on a 2009 Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering report.

"To choose coal when clean energy alternatives are so much more affordable, and don't hurt nature, cause climate pollution, or damage the health of Queenslanders, is a shocking decision," Mr Rose said.
Mr Quiggin, an Australia Laureate Fellow in economics at the University of Queensland said it was "hard to see any financial institution taking a risk on this".

If the LNP took office, this raised the question of whether state taxpayers would be "forced to bear the entire risk", he wrote for The Conversation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-24/qld-election-experts-criticise-shocking-po...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 5:13pm

Well if "The Conversation" published the article, it is hardly going to be credible.  You might as well get an opinion from Lee Rhiannon.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #93 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 5:34pm

hatman92 wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 9:18am:
Despite Labor not being able to run a positive ad that I have seen, they are still ahead 51% to 49% two party preferred.

It shows how silly people are.

Latest news is Labor is planning to shut down coal fired powered stations to get to their renewable energy target.

Mass blackouts are predicted.

i could imagine that

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 5:35pm

hatman92 wrote on Nov 24th, 2017 at 5:13pm:
Well if "The Conversation" published the article, it is hardly going to be credible.  You might as well get an opinion from Lee Rhiannon.

run away Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 5:47pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 24th, 2017 at 5:34pm:
hatman92 wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 9:18am:
Despite Labor not being able to run a positive ad that I have seen, they are still ahead 51% to 49% two party preferred.

It shows how silly people are.

Latest news is Labor is planning to shut down coal fired powered stations to get to their renewable energy target.

Mass blackouts are predicted.

i could imagine that

maybe they are not interested in what happens to other States that do that  S.A.  being a good example

guess what these idiots  are all meeting in tassy to decide what best for us all...... Grin Grin Grin Grin

wish it wasnt true Sad   but it is..

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #96 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:29pm

I've got two words for you. Bjelke Petersen. Oh yeah, I'm gunna vote for his crowd.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #97 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:34pm

8% swing away from LNP  Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:43pm

I'm calling it early ... ALP to win.

terrible result for the libs.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:43pm

issuevoter wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:29pm:
I've got two words for you. Bjelke Petersen.

Yea, low unemployment, jobs for all, booming economy. No state debt.

Things were good under his leadership. 

Now look at the state of things, rampant unemployment, huge unpayable debt, no opportunities for anyone anymore unless you work for the government.  Highest power prices, highest car registration. All happened under Labor in the past twenty-eight years.

The LNP needs to turn into a street fighter and turn to scummy tactics like the labor campaign, these fairy-floss campaigns they run do not work.  People do not like nice.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #100 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:50pm

hatman92 wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:43pm:
issuevoter wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:29pm:
I've got two words for you. Bjelke Petersen.

Yea, low unemployment, jobs for all, booming economy. No state debt.

Things were good under his leadership. 

Now look at the state of things, rampant unemployment, huge unpayable debt, no opportunities for anyone anymore unless you work for the government.  Highest power prices, highest car registration. All happened under Labor in the past twenty-eight years.

The LNP needs to turn into a street fighter and turn to scummy tactics like the labor campaign, these fairy-floss campaigns they run do not work.  People do not like nice.

Cry

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #101 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:56pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:43pm:
I'm calling it early ... ALP to win.

terrible result for the libs.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Up in the air at present , be foolish to elect libtards , they've failed the country miserably

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Its time wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:50pm:
Cry

No need to cry when I point out the truth to you. I know we all can not be right all the time.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 9:18pm

QLD ELECTION 2017 CALLED SEATS
ALP
LNP
PHON
OTHER
UNDECIDED

abor claims South Brisbane
Queensland Deputy Premier Jackie Trad has claimed victory in her seat of South Brisbane after fighting off a challenge from the Greens.
“We do know here in South Brisbane that Labor will end up with about 53 per cent of the two-candidate vote,” she told cheering supporters on Saturday night. Ms Trad had gone into Saturday’s election with a 13.8 per cent margin,[highlight] but that was slashed by the Greens’ Amy MacMahon.[/highlight]

lol  I warned you 4 MORE PUBLIC HOLIDAYS  would be a winner...

a big sigh of relief there  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #104 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 9:20pm

cods wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 9:18pm:
QLD ELECTION 2017 CALLED SEATS
ALP
LNP
PHON
OTHER
UNDECIDED

abor claims South Brisbane
Queensland Deputy Premier Jackie Trad has claimed victory in her seat of South Brisbane after fighting off a challenge from the Greens.
“We do know here in South Brisbane that Labor will end up with about 53 per cent of the two-candidate vote,” she told cheering supporters on Saturday night. Ms Trad had gone into Saturday’s election with a 13.8 per cent margin,[highlight] but that was slashed by the Greens’ Amy MacMahon.[/highlight]

lol  I warned you 4 MORE PUBLIC HOLIDAYS  would be a winner...

a big sigh of relief there  Grin Grin

Who doesn't love a public holiday ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print