Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Micro$oft Creators Fall Update (1709) (Read 319 times)
Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Micro$oft Creators Fall Update (1709)
Oct 26th, 2017 at 4:55am

Absolute garbage.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Re: Micro$oft Creators Fall Update (1709)
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 8:25am

Well, at least Microsoft is consistent. Windows 10 has been garbage right from the very start.

I don't understand how anyone can put up with an operating system (and I use the term loosely - it is more like an advertising platform) that has a major update every 6 months. And, a major update that usually breaks a lot of things as well as reverting all of your 'privacy' settings, etc. back to MS defaults - without notifying you, of course.

Not to mention removing programs that Windows 10 decides it doesn't like - again, without notifying users.

You would think that after 2 years of collecting telemetry from users, Windows 10 would be the best version of Windows yet. But, it just continues being an unstable mess - like using perpetual beta software. That's what happens when you fire your quality testing staff and rely on feedback (telemetry) from insiders and regular users.

My opinion is that all the telemetry that Microsoft is collecting from Windows 10 is more about targeting advertising at users rather than trying to improve the operating system.

I'll just keep using Windows 7 Professional on my Kaby Lake system  - which runs perfectly and is fully up to date with Windows Updates despite MS's lame attempt to block 7th generation processors like Intel's Kaby Lake and AMD's Ryzen from getting updates back in April. Another MS dirty trick to try and force more people onto Windows 10 (like the GWX campaign was).

And, the motherboard drivers from Gigabyte also work perfectly with Windows 7 on Kaby Lake despite the motherboard manual "hinting" that they only work for 6th and not 7th generation processors.
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2017 at 7:14pm by Carl D »  

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: Micro$oft Creators Fall Update (1709)
Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 9:22am

Windows 10 is an invasive program that is really designed around data tracking Their bogus updates are not about security but gimmicks: 

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print