Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 17
Send Topic Print
More Morcombe ~ Killer tortured. (Read 10404 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

More Morcombe ~ Killer tortured.
Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:25pm

Link.

Nah.

Vicious premeditated attack which no Society worth calling it self one can possibly condone or punish so lightly.  Where is the deterrent component alone in that absurd sentence?

Would three years be enough to satisfy 'us' if the person who was tortured was a child, say....oh.....pick a number........ten ~ years of age?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: More Morcombe ~ Killer tortured.
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:30pm

He should have been let out on good behaviour.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:32pm

When he gets out he should be given free Uber rides for life.
I reckon the Morcombe's should get that too.

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:33pm

Farg off Aussie

the only punishment that bloke deserves is for not killing that sick grub Cowan.

Is this just a fishing exercise?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:36pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:33pm:
Farg off Aussie

the only punishment that bloke deserves is for not killing that sick grub Cowan.

He's trolling. This thread should be flushed to the place of turds.

IBI

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:51pm

Why punish an action........that is already punishment for the actions of the person punished in the first place? Are we not taught that with war? Or is war ok because it's blah blah blah.

Cowan decided his fate the day he let his sick little head adventures become reality. He had priors and IMHO he was lucky to be living after them. One sick wacko nutjob that is worthy of the bullet and we keep him alive, and mix him with others like he is a human worthy of something.
Our human rights laws are joke. Faaarrk'n Aussie drones.  Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 7:19pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:51pm:
Why punish an action........that is already punishment for the actions of the person punished in the first place? Are we not taught that with war? Or is war ok because it's blah blah blah.

Cowan decided his fate the day he let his sick little head adventures become reality. He had priors and IMHO he was lucky to be living after them. One sick wacko nutjob that is worthy of the bullet and we keep him alive, and mix him with others like he is a human worthy of something.

Not sure what your point is.  Can you clarify?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 7:50pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:33pm:
Farg off Aussie

No.

If that torture was inflicted on a ten month old....happy with the arsehole getting just three years....out in a month or so?

What if he (Cowan's torturer) is gunned down in the streets on release?  Does the killer get Life Membership of your Cheer Leading squad?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 6:25pm:
Link.

Nah.

Vicious premeditated attack which no Society worth calling it self one can possibly condone or punish so lightly.  Where is the deterrent component alone in that absurd sentence?

Would three years be enough to satisfy 'us' if the person who was tortured was a child, say....oh.....pick a number........ten ~ years of age?

I agree, the sentence is absurd .... they should have given him a medal.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 8:08pm

Whoa!  Lots of wrongful thoughts there - the guy is in prison AS punishment, not for punishment.

I'd be happy to see him die of natural causes in prison, but this kind of thing is NOT acceptable, and I have to agree with Aussie.

If we, as a nation and society, condone such things, we are but one step from the animal.

As Tim O'Brien said - I can understand (My Lai), but I cannot condone it.

Mind you, any scum who killed one of mine would not live very long outside the prison walls... but that's emotion speaking.... let us stick with the facts....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 8:10pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 8:08pm:
Whoa!  Lots of wrongful thoughts there - the guy is in prison AS punishment, not for punishment.

I'd be happy to see him die of natural causes in prison, but this kind of thing is NOT acceptable, and I have to agree with Aussie.

If we, as a nation and society, condone such things, we are but one step from the animal....

Agreed.

We have some animals in this forum, though.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 8:42pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 8:10pm:

If we, as a nation and society, condone such things, we are but one step from the animal....

Agreed.

Indeed - you see them by their behaviour - the same standard by which I judge politicians... and others...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 9:04pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 8:10pm:

Agreed.

He should have been hanged. Superficial burns to 15% of his body will just have to do.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 9:05pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 7:19pm:

Torture the sick bastard for the rest of his days for all I care.
He chose his path in life, several times throughout his sick career. Reap the rewards.
This is what happens if you torture inocent little children brett. People want to torture you.
Use hot oil next time.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 9:20pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 9:05pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 7:19pm:

Torture the sick bastard for the rest of his days for all I care.
He chose his path in life, several times throughout his sick career. Reap the rewards.
This is what happens if you torture inocent little children brett. People want to torture you.
Use hot oil next time.

In that case....your thinking (if he thought at all) is no better than his.  You are willing to do worse than what he did.  It is worse because you are calculating to do it.

Gappler makes an old point but it is valid....people are sent to prison as punishment....not for punishment.

I'd give these prison vigilante thugs as long to serve as their prison victims.

Those arseholes will never get to act in my name, and no decent Society would condone it, let alone encourage or deify it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 17
Send Topic Print