Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Krav Maga - self defence for women- and men (Read 1049 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Krav Maga - self defence for women- and men
Oct 21st, 2017 at 4:38pm

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Krav Maga - self defence for women- and men
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 4:55pm

Yep its a pretty good system.
I think Matt Damon learned it for his Bourne role.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 5:36pm

interesting Grendel- it looks very useful and I will wait until my partner gets here to pratice some moves on him lol- now that will be interesting

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 5:54pm

I will grab the first bloke who knocks on my door...maybe even that trolley guy I have had my eye on....

hummmmm 

looks very interesting!

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 6:00pm

cods wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 5:54pm:
[b]I will grab the first bloke who knocks on my door...maybe even that trolley guy I have had my eye on[/b]....

hummmmm 

looks very interesting!

Grin Grin Grin Grin      give him your best moves cods- there are some nice crotch grabs in here that is supposed to cripple the worst of them

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:33am

Agnes wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 4:38pm:

Anyone who equates a swinging wild punch with a knife or a bottle....??? Not so sure.

The best way to see if it really is effective is to use some aliveness in the drills, if they fall apart under pressure then it will more than likely fail in a real life situation on the street.

If you try it with aliveness make sure you or your partner don't get hurt.

« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2017 at 10:10am by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:41am

Agnes wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 6:00pm:
[b]I will grab the first bloke who knocks on my door...maybe even that trolley guy I have had my eye on[/b]...

hummmmm 

looks very interesting!

Grin Grin Grin Grin      give him your best moves cods- there are some nice crotch grabs in here that is supposed to cripple the worst of them

it seems to be the only way to fight them off..

the trouble is agnes   its all very well   but most attacks come unexpected   its alright to know what move to make when you are ready for the attack...which usually comes from behind...like bag snatching.....its sudden and most of us dont think instantly and to react like he says  needs to be done in that instant.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 10:35am

I will grab the first bloke who knocks on my door...maybe even that trolley guy I have had my eye on...

hummmmm 

looks very interesting!

LOL

Whatever do you have in store for the poor fellow cods!         Wink

cods wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:41am:

the trouble is agnes   its all very well   but most attacks come unexpected   its alright to know what move to make when you are ready for the attack...which usually comes from behind...like bag snatching.....its sudden and most of us dont think instantly and to react like he says  needs to be done in that instant.

The biggest mistake, imho, that most victims of crime    have     made [that helps to make them a victim of a crime],
is that they are usually woefully unaware of their immediate surroundings, and unaware about who else may be nearby.

e.g.
I keep my vehicle in a locked garage that has a private access door.
I go inside my garage, and when i open the main garage door for the vehicle exit, i always quickly look around outside a '180', to see if anyone is there, who 'should not be there'.

Another,       after shopping, when i go to my vehicle in the supermarket car park [or in any public car park], i always look around to see who else is nearby.

When you are in any public place, always try to be aware of who else may be nearby.

It may not prevent an attack,     but if one does eventuate, at least you may anticipate that attack coming!

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:13pm

I like Krav Maga..

I used to do Kyokushinkai... it's full contact karate... it is also a good system.

Aikido is good too...  Steven Seagal.

Never got around to JKD but Bruce Lee is very special.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:36pm

Next year my daughter wants to start training, we have some good BJJ and a Krav schools close by so will try both.

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:49pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:36pm:
Next year my daughter wants to start training, we have some good BJJ and a Krav schools close by so will try both.

Both my boys are now doing BJJ.

I had to pick something that didn't involve punching and kicking otherwise that's all they'd do to each other at home. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:54pm

There's one very BIG problem with learning grappling.

That is many many people get hurt, neck, back and most joints because their partner is usually not competent enough to know when to stop applying the pressure or the one having the manoeuvre applied to him taps a bit too late. 

Be very careful not all instructors are equal.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:56pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:49pm:

I had to pick something that didn't involve punching and kicking otherwise that's all they'd do to each other at home. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ages? I'm thinking bjj is good for kids as it's essentially full contact. Also for girls when they do need to defend themselves it's usual from someone grabbing them.

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:56pm

Ajax wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:54pm:
There's one very BIG problem with learning grappling.

That is many many people get hurt, neck, back and most joints because their partner is usually not competent enough to know when to stop applying the pressure or the one having the manoeuvre applied to him taps a bit too late. 

Be very careful not all instructors are equal.

His instructor seems to know what he's doing, he's been doing it for years ....besides, my boys are 5 and 8, it's not like they being thrown into a MMA ring just yet.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #14 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 6:02pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:56pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 5:49pm:

Ages? I'm thinking bjj is good for kids as it's essentially full contact. Also for girls when they do need to defend themselves it's usual from someone grabbing them.

The last thing I would advise a woman to do in a self defence situation is to get in to a grapple with a man.

Still it doesn't hurt to know the movements for self defence.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print