Re: Kevin hasnt let go
Reply #15 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:02am

cods wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 8:49am:
Agnes wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 8:50pm:
Dnarever wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 8:48pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 8:45pm:
omy dna- seriously we have to disagree there vigorously

Read Kev's book if you like.

no thanks-I followed the kev/julia very closely- she was calculating and back stabbing- if you saw The Killing Season ( ABC website ) That was fascinating and eye opening

hes afraid kevvie  would tell a few lies about his beloved  julia.... I have never seen anyone make as many excuses for Julia as dna...he loves her..

yes the killing season  said so much  I doubt dna watched it though...it would be too raw...

I just might get the book when its down to the $2 mode..the though of making kevvie any richer kind of goes against the grain a bit for me...

another book to look forward too will be Bills...lololol

Kev was too ruthless and out for himself for my liking. He undermined Labors 2004 election campaign because he preferred to vie for the opposition leaders job than to be in government in a team he didn't support.

Julia had flaws too and was ambitious but she did a good job in office in the most difficult of conditions. She was the best PM in the last 20 years but I have to say there wasn't and isn't much opposition.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #16 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:05am

no thanks-I followed the kev/julia very closely- she was calculating and back stabbing- if you saw The Killing Season ( ABC website ) That was fascinating and eye opening

hes afraid kevvie  would tell a few lies about his beloved  julia.... I have never seen anyone make as many excuses for Julia as dna...he loves her..

yes the killing season  said so much  I doubt dna watched it though...it would be too raw...

I just might get the book when its down to the $2 mode..the though of making kevvie any richer kind of goes against the grain a bit for me...

Quote:
hes afraid kevvie  would tell a few lies

People would be more concerned that he might tell a few truths as unlikely as that seems.

I am not particularly anti Kev either, he also was much better than Abbott probably Turnbull too.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:38am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:05am:

Quote:
hes afraid kevvie  would tell a few lies

People would be more concerned that he might tell a few truths as unlikely as that seems.

I am not particularly anti Kev either, he also was much better than Abbott probably Turnbull too.

of course you do dna... you havent taken your head out of the sand for such a long time...its only natural...

Tony did stop the BOATS   something you cant handle especially as neither of your preferred PMs  looked even close to doing that after 6 years.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin..

and guess who opened the detention centres....  Grin Grin Grin Grin.. which Human Rights claim we[the libs] abused... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ahhh never mind...I wonder if kevvie will talk about the 50.000.... Cheesy Cheesy..maybe thats in his bad memory box... and hes disappeared it all. Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #18 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 10:15am

Actually Rudd had pretty much stopped the boats before Abbott took office and in opposition Abbott did all he could to ensure the boats kept coming. He blocked (often with your support) any legislation to stop the boats.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 10:39am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 10:15am:

Actually Rudd had pretty much stopped the boats before Abbott took office and in opposition Abbott did all he could to ensure the boats kept coming. He blocked (often with your support) any legislation to stop the boats.

oh thats right he opened up more detention centres didnt he in PNG...where he sent mostly single men..to rape and pillage...oh well no matter he knew he wouldnt have to fix it after the election...

you seem to think he STOPPED the people smugglers??>> Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin..

you are seriously deluded dna   but I can understand that   we had the most dysfunctional govt in our history for 6 long years.......everything they did had to be dismantled because it was unworkable....and then we had the DEBT from hell...no accountability whatever..

it was a shocker....but its ok dna   its nice they have a true believer   even in the double assassin.. you tend to overlook that as well..

I am glad you have the faith   it takes some doing after that chaotic 6 years.... I am sure you see a golden future with shorten...he who can do no wrong! Smiley

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #20 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 12:07pm

cods wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 10:39am:

oh thats right he opened up more detention centres didnt he in PNG...where he sent mostly single men..to rape and pillage...oh well no matter he knew he wouldnt have to fix it after the election...

you seem to think he STOPPED the people smugglers??>> Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin..

you are seriously deluded dna   but I can understand that   we had the most dysfunctional govt in our history for 6 long years.......everything they did had to be dismantled because it was unworkable....and then we had the DEBT from hell...no accountability whatever..

it was a shocker....but its ok dna   its nice they have a true believer   even in the double assassin.. you tend to overlook that as well..

I am glad you have the faith   it takes some doing after that chaotic 6 years.... I am sure you see a golden future with shorten...he who can do no wrong! Smiley

Quote:
then we had the DEBT from hell...no accountability whatever..

You do understand that the Liberals amassed more than double the debt in less than half the time ?

The Liberals deficit is still running at more than double of Labor's largest.

Quote:
we had the most dysfunctional govt in our history for 6 long years.

Yet they still achieved more than the Liberals who have in fact been as much a mess or more so.

It sounds like you really did swallow the anti Labor spin, it wasn't real you know.

If you really want to see what dysfunctional government look like just think about Tony and watch Mal.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 2:44pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/kevin-rudd-book-wayne-swan-brushe...

FORMER treasurer Wayne Swan says he is “neither surprised or worried” by claims by Kevin Rudd that his initial appointment to the treasury portfolio was “one giant joke”.

The former prime minister makes the claim in his new book, to be released on Tuesday, in which he suggests then-Opposition Mark Latham appointed Mr Swan shadow treasurer in 2004 as “a joke on the party” done to create problems down the line.

“He would bequeath Swan to his successor as a permanent Achilles heel, entrenched in the position once it had been given to him, simply because Swan’s factional strength would make it impossible to remove him,” Mr Rudd wrote.

Mr Swan said he was not bothered by the claims.

“Fighting inequality is much more important to me than fighting with former colleagues,” Mr Swan said. “Anybody with Labor’s interests at heart will take the same approach.”

It is the latest example of antagonism between the two Labor luminaries.

In Mr Swan’s own book, published in 2014, he said Mr Rudd had an “unstable personality” and his “treatment of people was extraordinarily vindictive and juvenile”.

Mr Swan was treasurer from 2007 to 2013 and was deputy prime minister from 2010 to 2013 under Julia Gillard after she deposed Mr Rudd.

It followed three years as the Opposition’s treasury spokesman from 2004.

Mr Rudd said in his book he asked for the treasury portfolio but was denied by Mr Latham due to perceived “treachery” in the election campaign.

OK   I have now talked myself into being first in line for kevvies big book....on Tuesday 

I cant wait   to be honest    what we thought was a circus  looks like we righties were right after all..

bloody hilarious...

come on lefties pown up..

anyone buying it???>.

I could always lend you my copy for a small fee....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 2:46pm

Dnarever wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 12:07pm:

Quote:

You do understand that the Liberals amassed more than double the debt in less than half the time ?

Quote:

Yet they still achieved more than the Liberals who have in fact been as much a mess or more so.

It sounds like you really did swallow the anti Labor spin, it wasn't real you know.

If you really want to see what dysfunctional government look like just think about Tony and watch Mal.

dna.. may i suggest you buy kevvies book before you make any more claims about dysfunctional... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #23 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 4:26pm

When I first saw Kevin Rudd yapping away on the TV, I said to a friend, "the ALP should choose him as their next leader" ... I can't remember who ALP Leader was at the time ... perhaps Mark Latham?

John Howard had been PM for ages and it was about time to change tack.

I never voted for KRudd .... some friends did though.

Remember this?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 6:03pm

he has probably got over that stab  nef.. its one between his shoulder blades that  I think still gives him trouble..

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 6:03pm

so much for being a good Catholic boy who forgives and moves on... Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #26 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 7:38pm

cods wrote on Oct 24th, 2017 at 2:46pm:
Dnarever wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 12:07pm:

Quote:

Quote:

dna.. may i suggest you buy kevvies book before you make any more claims about dysfunctional... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Reading Kev's book will not change the facts.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #27 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 7:40pm

cods wrote on Oct 24th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/kevin-rudd-book-wayne-swan-brushe...

FORMER treasurer Wayne Swan says he is “neither surprised or worried” by claims by Kevin Rudd that his initial appointment to the treasury portfolio was “one giant joke”.

The former prime minister makes the claim in his new book, to be released on Tuesday, in which he suggests then-Opposition Mark Latham appointed Mr Swan shadow treasurer in 2004 as “a joke on the party” done to create problems down the line.

“He would bequeath Swan to his successor as a permanent Achilles heel, entrenched in the position once it had been given to him, simply because Swan’s factional strength would make it impossible to remove him,” Mr Rudd wrote.

If Kev is really saying things like this then he has gone bonkers. Stupidest thing I have heard.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 6:38am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 24th, 2017 at 7:40pm:
cods wrote on Oct 24th, 2017 at 2:44pm:

If Kev is really saying things like this then he has gone bonkers. Stupidest thing I have heard.

well you cant argue with fact dna... hes put it in writing..lol..looks like another Latham and Clinton..book..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print