Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anglicans To Bless Marriages of Same Sex Couples (Read 599 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Anglicans To Bless Marriages of Same Sex Couples
Oct 21st, 2017 at 10:52am

The Church of England is to debate holding services for same-sex couples for the first time.
The church's ruling general synod will discuss holding official services, after a couple has married in a secular ceremony, or formed a civil partnership.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41701458

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Anglicans To Bless Marriages of Same Sex Couples
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 10:56am

That's their personal choice. 

How will Anglicans deal with the priests who speak out and say that is not acceptable?  Will they be allowed any personal choice in the matter, will it be sufficient for them to say they do not wish to do this but some other priest may, or will they be punished?

Ah - so they're NOT going to 'bless marriages of same sex couples' - they are going to DISCUSS the issue.

Your headline is false.... stop doing that ... it doesn't help your cause.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 11:02am

Not false, just ahead of the crowd.

And religion isn't about personal choice. It's a top down dictatorship. Anglicans will be told, and the plebs will follow the rules.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 11:31am

Not false...  JUST FALSE....
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

yes...  stop it....  it's getting annoying. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 12:09pm

____ wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 10:52am:

The Church of England is to debate holding services for same-sex couples for the first time.

The church's ruling general synod will discuss holding official services, after a couple has married in a secular ceremony, or formed a civil partnership.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41701458

Yes, i'm sure that the Anglicans are considering these things.

Holy scripture, i.e. the reading of holy scripture, is supposedly the       foundation       upon which all christian faith, and the 'hope' of all christian 'churches' [i.e. the groups of people, the 'congregations'] rest.

Yet, today, christian church doctrine [of any of the largest christian churches] doesn't seem to align with the thoughts or with the 'admonitions' which can be found in holy scripture.

It would seem, to many, that the leaders of the largest christian churches, don't actually read any scripture, once they attain their leadership positions in their churches.  ???

They are probably all too busy, with all of their managerial duties in their church,
to bother with continuing to study 'good old' scripture.  ???

O.T.

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

N.T.

Romans 1:26
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31  Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10  Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:8
.....the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9  Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10  For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

2 Timothy 3:1
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Jesus came, as an agency of 'God', to call mankind to repentance....

Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began....to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

What did Jesus advise ?

In how a man, ought, to seek to please God, his creator ?

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 12:47
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Personally, don't believe that SSM, nor sodomy, nor lesbianism, is on God's agenda for mankind,
as an 'agency' for expressing our 'love' for others.

Revelation 21:27
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

QUESTION;
What 'spirit', is church doctrine guided by today ?

'If it feels good, do it!'    ???

2 Corinthians 6:17
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1435998745/2#2

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 9:25pm

____ wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 11:02am:

And religion isn't about personal choice. It's a top down dictatorship. Anglicans will be told, and the plebs will follow the rules.

I was ahead of the crowd - wore my Wallabies past member's jacket all day, people were asking if I'd represented (bashful me... only once - I'm more a supporter) since it was mighty cool up here... tonight the Wallabies won over New Zealand and the woman-controlled nation's All Blacks....

But that's a rare occasion........ just saying.....

Just goes to show what having a woman PM does to a nation.... breaks a long winning cycle.... imagine what it would do for the All Blacks to have ...... (gasps)...... a GAY  Prime Minister, or a freakin' Transgender or whatever....**

YAAYYYYYYYY!!

"I want to be a front rower in the All Blacks!!!"

"But you can't be a front rower - you're five feet four and a ... well.. you WANT to be a .. woman!"

"I have the right to be a woman front rower in the All Blacks!  That's what I want!"

"But you don't have the muscle tone or the body build to BE a front rower - let alone in the
All Blacks!"

"Wait a minute... it seems that Sam... arrrh.. Stan.. errr Stam..... whatever.... WANTS to be a front rower for the All Blacks.... let's just all agree that she... erh.. he.. erh.. well.. let's just agree that S...TAM... can have the RIGHT to be a front rower in the All Blacks.... while never being actually QUALIFIED to BE a front rower in the All Blacks!!!"

"Awright - we all pledge to support Stam's RIGHT to be a front rower in the... ahh..... All Blacks... now let's move on...."

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2017 at 9:36pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 9:42pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 12:09pm:
Yes, i'm sure that the Anglicans are considering these things.

Holy scripture, i.e. the reading of holy scripture, is supposedly the       foundation       upon which all christian faith, and the 'hope' of all christian 'churches' [i.e. the groups of people, the 'congregations'] rest.

Yet, today, christian church doctrine [of any of the largest christian churches] doesn't seem to align with the thoughts or with the 'admonitions' which can be found in holy scripture.

It would seem, to many, that the leaders of the largest christian churches, don't actually read any scripture, once they attain their leadership positions in their churches.  ???

They are probably all too busy, with all of their managerial duties in their church,
to bother with continuing to study 'good old' scripture.  ???

O.T.

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

N.T.

Romans 1:26
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31  Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10  Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:8
.....the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9  Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10  For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

2 Timothy 3:1
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Jesus came, as an agency of 'God', to call mankind to repentance....

Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began....to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

What did Jesus advise ?

In how a man, ought, to seek to please God, his creator ?

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 12:47
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Personally, don't believe that SSM, nor sodomy, nor lesbianism, is on God's agenda for mankind,
as an 'agency' for expressing our 'love' for others.

Revelation 21:27
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

QUESTION;
What 'spirit', is church doctrine guided by today ?

'If it feels good, do it!'    ???

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1435998745/2#2

Leave out the God bothering, son - we're trying to deal with REAL issues here.....

"Right - let's all agree that Stan has the right to BE a god botherer against same sex marriage.. while not actually being qualified to BE an opponent of same sex marriage!  Do we all agree?

Now let's move on...."

Very even-handed is Ye Olde Grappler....

― John Adams

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 3:29pm

____ wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 11:02am:

Religion is about personal choice: you don't have to believe in it if you don't want to!

Can't get much more about personal choice than that  Shocked

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print