Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 
Send Topic Print
Muslims suffer the most from 'Islamic' terrorism (Read 39312 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Muslims suffer the most from 'Islamic' terrorism
Reply #360 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 6:35pm

Bertie wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 5:48pm:
It is not boring and pointless to ask anyone the question: 'whose side are you on'?

That wasn't the question I was asked, though, now was it?  The assumption was that I was a Communist because I was critical of the US.  That is clearly false, just as was your assumption that I am a Muslim is.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #361 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 6:57pm

freediver wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:02pm:
If, theoretically speaking, a reasonable criticism of Islam did exist, would Brian still have not right or even ability to utter it?

If, theoretically speaking, someone reasonably criticised Muslims for having inferior Negroid genes, would you have the right or even ability to agree with it?

Don't answer that, FD.

"A plausible theory."

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #362 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:23pm

Frank wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 5:55pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:36pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 3:54pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:52am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:57pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 8:15pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:16am:
All my criticism and dislike of Islam is sensible and based on facts.

It may be, Soren, it may be but it is voiced with the words of Islamophobia and Bigotry.   

Very well, why don't you demonstrate how to voice criticism of Islam sensibly and with facts but without 'islamophobia and bigotry'?

Show us what that looks like. I ask because I have never once seen you agree with any criticism of Islam. You say, at most, that you don't know enough about it.  In effect, you are a wannabe-cunning-but-too-stupid-for-it defender of every aspect of Islam,  falling back on spluttering about 'Bigotry and Islamophobia' (your idea of 'Fire and Brimstone') when you run out of any argument - which pretty much as you start saying something.

If you weren't such a deliberate liar I'd pity you. But you are too stupid yet fancy yourself as clever.  Vanity. Can't feel sorry for a vain know-nothing two-bob screamer about 'Islamophobia and Bigotry'.

Not my job to teach you how to create an effective argument, which does not resort to insults and Islamophobia, Soren.   I'd recommend you go back to a real university where they teach rhetoric properly, rather than the University of Baloney where they obviously failed to.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You don't  have to construct the argument yourself, just show one or two by others that demonstrate what you regard as non-islamophobic criticism of Islam and Muslims.

Not my job to teach you how to create an effective argument,  Soren.  Not my job at all.   Run along, go back to your playground.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Have you ever come across a reasonable criticism of Islam, Bwian? Please share it with us.

Otherwise here's two words for you.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Resorting to ad hominem arguments again, Soren?  How unsurprising.  Tsk, tsk, now run along back to your playground.  The other Xenophobic kids are waiting.   I wonder how they'd react to being told that you're Danish?    Roll Eyes

Well, HAVE you ever come across a reasonable criticism of Islam, Bwian? Please share it with us.

Admit you blame Islam, Brian. Confess.

The truth shall set you free.

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #363 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 6:35pm:
It is not boring and pointless to ask anyone the question: 'whose side are you on'?

That wasn't the question I was asked, though, now was it?  The assumption was that I was a Communist because I was critical of the US.  That is clearly false, just as was your assumption that I am a Muslim is.   Roll Eyes

The question now, as then, is - whose side are you on?

On the side of Communists, Muslims, Fascists, Nazis (all curtailing freedom) - or on the side of liberal democracy and freedom of thought and expression?

Times do not change that much. the collapse of communism doesn't mean that illiberal ideas and forces disappeared. They are with us, many of them agitating from a Muslim perspective. Islam is today's illiberal, oppressive force parading itself, falsely,  as the oppressed, much like the proletariat was under communism or the aryans under the Nazis.

The spirit of scientific enquiry requires the free questioning of everything. Do you agree with that or do you want to limit enquiry by the authority of pre-scientific notions like Islamic religion, Christianity, animism, Aboriginal taboos and the like?

Which ideology has power over free enquiry?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #364 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 9:19pm

Brian is on the side of whoever plays the victim card the loudest. It helps if they threaten to kill people also, just in case you don't notice them claiming victimhood.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #365 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:46pm

Bertie wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 8:33pm:

And as during the Cold War is, "I am on no-ones' side.  A pox on both your houses!"

Why do we have to be on "sides", Agatha?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
On the side of Communists, Muslims, Fascists, Nazis (all curtailing freedom) - or on the side of liberal democracy and freedom of thought and expression?

Well, I have always been critical of all "Sides" in political matters, Agatha.  Generally, I support the Left because it believes in looking after the common people - of which I am a member.   I have never supported the Nazis/Fascists.   The Communists?  Depends on the situation.  If they are the victims of US aggression, you betcha.  If they are perpetrating aggression, no way.   "Liberal democracy and freedom" is a remarkably loose cause to promote.   The US supposedly subscribes to it.   Unfortunately they betray it more often than not.

Quote:
Times do not change that much. the collapse of communism doesn't mean that illiberal ideas and forces disappeared. They are with us, many of them agitating from a Muslim perspective. Islam is today's illiberal, oppressive force parading itself, falsely,  as the oppressed, much like the proletariat was under communism or the aryans under the Nazis.

Muslims are oppressed.  Invariably by other Muslims who are funded by, guess who?  The US Government.  Funny that.  The US Government, despite all it's claims to be a "liberal democratic freedom loving" one invariably supports right-wing dictators, warlords, strongmen, etc. rather than the people.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
The spirit of scientific enquiry requires the free questioning of everything. Do you agree with that or do you want to limit enquiry by the authority of pre-scientific notions like Islamic religion, Christianity, animism, Aboriginal taboos and the like?

I agree but...and there is always a but, Agatha.   My "but" is that such freedom must come from the individual's desire for it.   If individuals don't want that free inquiry who are we to force it upon them?   It would be better to lure them to making their own decisions.  That is true freedom.   You cannot impose it from outside, it must come from within.

Quote:
Which ideology has power over free enquiry?

The individual's.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #366 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:22pm

bwian is on no ones side...  that's why most of his criticism is one sided... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #367 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 7:26pm

freediver wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 9:19pm:
Brian is on the side of whoever plays the victim card the loudest.

Herbie?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #368 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 7:28pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:22pm:
bwian is on no ones side...  that's why most of his criticism is one sided... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes

Grendel?

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #369 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 7:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:46pm:
Bertie wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 8:33pm:

And as during the Cold War is, "I am on no-ones' side.  A pox on both your houses!"

Why do we have to be on "sides", Agatha?   Roll Eyes

Can't the people you are NOT on side with in a conflict regard you as their enemy?
Yes they can and in your case, do.  Why are you surprised?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #370 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:15pm

Is everybody our enemy, Agatha?

And who are you really?

That's a question.

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #371 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:50pm

Muslims are oppressed.  Invariably by other Muslims who are funded by, guess who?  The US Government.  Funny that.  The US Government, despite all it's claims to be a "liberal democratic freedom loving" one invariably supports right-wing dictators, warlords, strongmen, etc. rather than the people.    Roll Eyes

Was there ever any alternative to dictators, warlords, strongmen in any Muslim country?

When? Who?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #372 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:04pm

Bertie wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:50pm:

Was there ever any alternative to dictators, warlords, strongmen in any Muslim country?

When? Who?

Agatha?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #373 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:23pm

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #374 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 4:21pm

Bertie wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 7:58pm:
Can't the people you are NOT on side with in a conflict regard you as their enemy?
Yes they can and in your case, do.  Why are you surprised?

Only if they subscribe to George W. Bush's simplistic belief of "If you're not wit' us yer ag'in us!"

However, more intelligent, less simplistic people would respond with "Mmm, perhaps we should see if his criticisms are valid."   Automatic attack suggests what about the validity of their defence?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 
Send Topic Print