Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
early Islamic rape and pillage (Read 700 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
early Islamic rape and pillage
Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:02pm

A simple statement, clearly true, but a major problem for some people.

freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 2:56pm:
In only 130 years, the Muslims captured the largest land empire that had ever existed.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Islamic_Incest_Ratchet#Rates_of_in...

Perhaps because it is at the root of the spread of Islam. Muhammad had very little success with his religion until he started killing people and getting rich through stealing.

Brian for example:

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:12pm:
In a single word, bullshit, FD.  Total and utter bullshit.  First the Mongols, then the British created empires which were larger in both land area and population than what was captured by the Muslims.

This got so embarrassing that even Gandalf stepped in to correct Brian:

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:08am:
that had ever existed Brian, or in other words up until that time. The mongol empire came after the caliphate. Sorry to say FD is right - he never claimed the caliphate was bigger than the mongol empire.

Of course, this is not what Brian was confused about. Brian thought (or at least claimed to think) that the Mongol Empire came before the Caliphate.

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
Concentrate on what was said, not what you imagined was said.  In both cases, the Mongol Empire before the establishment of the Caliphates and the British Empire afterwards, out classed it in both land area and population size. 

Of course, Brian ignored any questions about when the Mongol empire was established, but eventually produced this map, which shows the date of the Mongol empire (about 600 years after the Caliphate) as well as its size:

Other than that, Brian has refused to discuss the dates. Brian decided at some point that asking him when the Mongol empire was established was a form of bullying:

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, poor, poor, FD.  Sorry, bullying doesn't work with me. 

At about the same time, in a different thread, I pointed out another inconvenient fact:

freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 9:25am:
Lastone wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 11:37am:
You paint a wonderful picture of the west being a chased and virtuous virgin being raped and abused by evil Islam. Shame it is a bit of a fantasy and that the west has been a bit of a slut and whore. The most recent example being the weapons of mass deception and the second Iraq war. Which has as direct consequence the creation of Isis. 

That is literally what happened. Remember, when Islam came onto the scene, the west was the wealthiest region on earth and stretched from Iraq to Spain. What we think of as the west today is the bit that Islam failed to destroy. For most of that history Europe was trying to stop Muslims raiding it for sex slaves. They were only succesful in this fairly recently.

That you try to equate setting up democracy in Iraq with the centuries of rape and pillage just demonstrates your inability to put it into perspective. It is pretty much the opposite. When the Muslims attacked, they were there to stay, and to destroy what was previously a relatively liberal way of life.

Western civilisation never recovered it's living standards under the rule of Islam. It was not until the industrial revolution, which occurred on what was previously the fringe of civilisation, that the west regained the standard of living not seen since the Romans in the west nearly 2000 years earlier. While the west was being bled dry by Islam, China (Song Dynasty) overtook the west's lead for the first time in human history, reaching similar standards of living to the Romans (but not exceeding them). Remember, this was several centuries after Muhammad.

Brian's response was earily similar - come out accusing others of lying in a desperate attempt to defend Islam, while lying about the timeline:

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 9:25am:
Remember, when Islam came onto the scene, the west was the wealthiest region on earth and stretched from Iraq to Spain.

Another piece of bullshit, FD.  Tsk, tsk, China was the wealthiest region on Earth.  Europe was in the doldrums, just having left the Dark Ages.   Under Roman rule, Europe, coupled with Northern Africa and the Middle East was even then, less wealthy than China.    Roll Eyes

Then it got even more absurd. Brian tried to exclude north africa from western civilisation (Egypt, anyone?) and try to pass off Spain (conquered by muslims) and Italy (whose coastline was depopulated by Muslims capturing sex slaves) as the periphery of Europe, even though France had only been brought under settled civilisation less than 1000 years earlier, and Germany even later.

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 10:29pm:
Muslims did not rule the West, FD, no matter how you attempt to paint it so.  Muslims only ruled the middle-east and the periphery of Europe (for short periods).  Europe was ruled by Europeans for most of it's history.    Roll Eyes

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: early Islamic rape and pillage
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:04pm

I am of course just assuming that Brian was referring to the Song Dynasty, giving Brian the benefit of the doubt that his claims have at least some link back to reality, even if he thinks it happened 1000 years earlier. Brian of course won't say.

Brian went on to take this one step further, trying to pretend that the Islamic rape and pillage festival was limited to the middle east:

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 11:54pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
Brian whinged about me asking when the Mongol Empire was established, after he claimed it was before the Caliphates. Apparently that is also bullying. Asking him pretty much anything is bullying, or distracting him in any way from spewing idiocy in defence of Islam.

Brian, do you have the right or ability to criticise other nations or religions?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You really are a petty little fellow, aren't you, FD?   Tsk, tsk,  you don't like to answer questions but only ask them, you don't like being corrected.   So, now, how big was the Caliphate again, compared to the Mongol and British Empires?   As the Mongols controlled most of Asia and a good slice of Eastern Europe, how much did the first Caliphate control again?  Arabia, wasn't it?

http://www.ducksters.com/history/islam/four_caliphs_map.png

Brian's image:

If even Muslims are feeling forced to step in an correct Brian's rewriting of history in defense of Islam, what purpose does this serve?

Perhaps, he was satisfied with convincing Karnal:

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 9:19pm:
Which part are you saying is wrong, FD?

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 8:42pm:
Brian's right. What are you trying to prove?
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:17pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:17pm

Gee, FD, that's a lot of trouble to go to to avoid answering a question.

I hate to ask, but is there any reason you don't want to say?

Would you like me to rephrase it?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:22pm

Who is right Karnal? Gandalf or Brian?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:25pm

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:22pm:
Who is right Karnal? Gandalf or Brian?

I asked you first. Are you a jellyfish?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:36pm

Q.
Was ISLAM spread by the sword ?

A.
ISLAM IS WAR,       AGAINST ALL DISBELIEVERS, FOR ALLAH'S RELIGION.

ISLAMIC JURISPRUDENCE EXPERT
EXAMPLE #1

Quote:

Q.
Was Islam spread by the sword?

A.
"......Undoubtedly taking the initiative in fighting has a great effect in spreading Islam and bringing people into the religion of Allaah.

....The defeatists among the Muslims come out to defend Islam, and they want to disavow Islam of this so-called lie, so they deny that Islam was spread by the sword, and they say that jihad is not prescribed in Islam.

....If Islam was only spread by peaceful means, what would the kuffaar have to be afraid of?

....Would the kuffaar be afraid of being told, become Muslim, but if you do not then you are free to believe and do whatever you want? or were they afraid of jihad and the imposition of the jizyah and being humiliated? That may make them enter Islam so that they may be spared this humiliation."

....The fact that the sword and power were means of spreading Islam is not a sources of shame for Islam, rather it is one of its strengths and virtues.

....The [muslim] defeatists should fear Allaah lest they distort this religion and cause it to become weak on the basis of the claim that it is a religion of peace. Yes, it is the religion of peace but in the sense of saving all of mankind from worshipping anything other than Allaah and submitting all of mankind to the rule of Allaah.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/43087

...so declares a real, rightly guided, muslim, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Munajid.

He is a person, a muslim cleric, who knows ISLAMIC jurisprudence.

"Sheikh Muhammad Al-Munajid is an Islamic cleric......in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He is notable for his many Islamic edicts."

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Muhammad_Munajid

"Welcome to Islam Question & Answer! This site aims to provide intelligent, authoritative responses to anyones question about Islam, whether it be from a Muslim or a non-Muslim, and to help solve general and personal social problems. Responses are composed by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid, a known Islamic lecturer and author."

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/islamqapages/2

ISLAMIC JURISPRUDENCE EXPERT
EXAMPLE #2

The Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdel Aziz al-Sheikh is the ISLAMIC equivalent of 'The Archbishop of Canterbury' in Saudi Arabia.

And this is what he had to say...

Quote:

September 23, 2006
"...the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdel Aziz al-Sheikh.
...Saudi Arabia's most senior cleric also explained that war was never Islam's ancient founder, the prophet Mohammed's, first choice:

"He gave three options: either accept Islam, or surrender and pay tax, and they will be allowed to remain in their land, observing their religion under the protection of Muslims."

Thus, according to the Grand Mufti, the third option of violence against non-Muslims was only a last resort, if they refused to convert or surrender peacefully to the armies of Islam....."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20460114-601,00.html

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 12:00pm

He's done it again:

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:35pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:14pm:
The Muslims created the largest land empire that had ever existed in just over a century.

Oh, dear, here we go again.  You still refuse to accept that the Mongol Empire was larger than the Muslim Empire, FD?   Tsk, tsk. what is the point in trying to educate you if you refuse to learn?   Roll Eyes

The Mongol empire covered most of the Eurasian landmass, it stretched from Eastern Europe to the Sea of Okst.  From near the Barents Sea to the Persian Gulf.

The Muslim "Empire" (ie, of the First Caliphate) covered only the Arabian Peninsular and it's near surrounds.

Has anyone figured out yet whether Brian thinks the Mongol empire was before the Caliphate, or does he just struggle with English?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print