Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Ahmadis sentenced to death for blasphemy (Read 41893 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Ahmadis sentenced to death for blasphemy
Reply #15 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:09pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 10:42pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 10:20pm:
Yadda wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 9:50pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 9:16pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 6:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 3:49pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:04pm:
Pakistan considers the Ahmadis to be deviant heretical non muslims.

So do most other Muslims, Baron.  Unfortunately, their key belief in Mirza Ghulam Ahmad as the Promised Messiah and Mahdi, as prophesied by the Islamic prophet Muhammad, runs counter to the main thinking of mainstream Islam.   It is akin to believing that Saint Paul was the true messiah for the Christians...    Roll Eyes

Kill the Mushriken wherever you find them.

Kill the Munchkins where ever you find them?  Really, FD?   Roll Eyes

Yep.

Kill the Mushriken wherever you find them.

Kill the Munchkins where ever you find them?  Really, Yadda?   Roll Eyes

Yep, kill disbelievers, wherever you find them.

Munchkins are "disbelievers"?  Really, Yadda?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:24pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 3:46pm:
Where is the international pressure? Ditto for the world's silence on the Saudi destruction of Yemen. Why isn't Rex Tillerson or Julie Bishop on their moral high horse over this? The cold hard truth is no one wants to apply any serious pressure on Pakistan because the US so desperately needs it to prosecute the war in Afghanistan. These atrocities will continue so long as the world remains silent, and complicit in them.

It would be Islamophobic for Julie Bishop or any non muslim to whinge about Islamic blasphemy laws in Pakistan.

Where are the muslims having a whinge about blasphemy laws where sharia law prevails or would it be blasphemy for muslims to whinge about their blasphemy laws?

What happened to Salman Taseer when he opposed blasphemy laws?
Quote:
'The killer of my father, Salman Taseer, was showered with rose petals by fanatics. How could they do this?'

Thousands of Pakistanis showered rose petals on the assassin of Salman Taseer, the governor of Punjab who sought clemency for a Christian woman sentenced to death. Here his eldest son, Aatish Taseer, who lives in Delhi, mourns his death - and the nihilism of a country that could not tolerate a patriot who was humanitarian to his core.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8248162/The-killer-of-my...

The Pakistani ISI created the Taliban, the even gave Bin Laden a safe place to stay so the USA had trouble finding him
Quote:
Why Would the Pakistani Intelligence Agency Support the Taliban?

One of the most disturbing aspects of the revelations contained in WikiLeaks is the picture it paints of the behavior of Pakistan.
Pakistan, it seems, has been playing a ‘double game,’ assuring the US that it is doing what it can to tackle the fundamentalist militancy within its borders, taking incredible quantities of US aid in both cash and kind, but not only allowing militancy to flourish within its borders, but also, the leaks show, tolerating contact between top-level figures from its Intelligence Agency and commanders of the insurgency.
Given the allied perception that the fundamentalist militants pose a clear threat not just to the allied but to Pakistan too, one of the questions which is most often asked is: why is Pakistan doing this?
There are a number of reasons. Foremost amongst them is the Pakistani Intelligence Agency’s institutional perception that the main threat to the country comes from India. This runs deep and colors most Pakistani analysts’ view of the conflict on its Western border. It means, firstly, that they see the Taliban as an acceptable bulwark against Indian ambitions to dominate the region, whether real or perceived

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/azeem-ibrahim/why-would-the-pakistani-i_b_663005....

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 5:19pm

Where is the international pressure? Ditto for the world's silence on the Saudi destruction of Yemen. Why isn't Rex Tillerson or Julie Bishop on their moral high horse over this? The cold hard truth is no one wants to apply any serious pressure on Pakistan because the US so desperately needs it to prosecute the war in Afghanistan. These atrocities will continue so long as the world remains silent, and complicit in them.

Now now, G, they're allies.

I'm sure Alevine would approve of us shaking the Pakistani Attorney General's hand.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 5:27pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:24pm:

It would be Islamophobic for Julie Bishop or any non muslim to whinge about Islamic blasphemy laws in Pakistan.

Where are the muslims having a whinge about blasphemy laws where sharia law prevails or would it be blasphemy for muslims to whinge about their blasphemy laws?

What happened to Salman Taseer when he opposed blasphemy laws?
Quote:
'The killer of my father, Salman Taseer, was showered with rose petals by fanatics. How could they do this?'

Thousands of Pakistanis showered rose petals on the assassin of Salman Taseer, the governor of Punjab who sought clemency for a Christian woman sentenced to death. Here his eldest son, Aatish Taseer, who lives in Delhi, mourns his death - and the nihilism of a country that could not tolerate a patriot who was humanitarian to his core.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8248162/The-killer-of-my...

The Pakistani ISI created the Taliban, the even gave Bin Laden a safe place to stay so the USA had trouble finding him
Quote:
Why Would the Pakistani Intelligence Agency Support the Taliban?

One of the most disturbing aspects of the revelations contained in WikiLeaks is the picture it paints of the behavior of Pakistan.
Pakistan, it seems, has been playing a ‘double game,’ assuring the US that it is doing what it can to tackle the fundamentalist militancy within its borders, taking incredible quantities of US aid in both cash and kind, but not only allowing militancy to flourish within its borders, but also, the leaks show, tolerating contact between top-level figures from its Intelligence Agency and commanders of the insurgency.
Given the allied perception that the fundamentalist militants pose a clear threat not just to the allied but to Pakistan too, one of the questions which is most often asked is: why is Pakistan doing this?
There are a number of reasons. Foremost amongst them is the Pakistani Intelligence Agency’s institutional perception that the main threat to the country comes from India. This runs deep and colors most Pakistani analysts’ view of the conflict on its Western border. It means, firstly, that they see the Taliban as an acceptable bulwark against Indian ambitions to dominate the region, whether real or perceived

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/azeem-ibrahim/why-would-the-pakistani-i_b_663005....

They're good enough for Mr Trump, Barron. Pakistanis are perfectly free to visit Amerika.

As for those cunning swarthy Yemenis -

Ban them - until we can work out what the hell is going on.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 6:34pm

Do you think we should engage in a bit more cultural imperialism Gandalf?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 9:14pm

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 6:34pm:

Do you?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #21 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 9:24pm

yes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 9:42pm

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
yes

I see. Should we tell little white lies to promote our imperialist agenda as well?

Nothing much, of course. Nothing that can be traced back to us, anyway. Something harmless. Good, clean fun.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:22pm

Do you think we should engage in a bit more cultural imperialism?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:24pm

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:22pm:
Do you think we should engage in a bit more cultural imperialism?

Would you like me to ask you again?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:25pm

Are you going for 720 degrees?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:27pm

What's the matter, FD? Cat got your tongue?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #27 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 7:59am

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 9:42pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
yes

I see. Should we tell little white lies to promote our imperialist agenda as well?

Nothing much, of course. Nothing that can be traced back to us, anyway. Something harmless. Good, clean fun.

Ends justify the means K.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #28 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 8:06am

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 6:34pm:

No FD.

The international community calls out human rights abuses around the world all the time. This is not cultural imperialism by the way, its standing up for human rights. t doesn't do this in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia for reasons we are all aware of. We can't directly stop a nation from abusing its people, but we can criticise it. And thats what we should be doing.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 8:16am

Hi Gandalf,
do you reckon a good hanging is in order?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Send Topic Print