Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 21
Send Topic Print
The domestic violence situation (Read 10575 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

The domestic violence situation
Oct 19th, 2017 at 6:37am

Whatever the logistic problem it's just not right for women to be sleeping in cars with kids to escape domestic violence, is it?
Jesus, it could be like jumping out of the frying pan.

I understand the logic that there are X number of beds, they are allocated on a first.come basis to women who are homeless for whatever reason.
But logic doesn't protect women & kids does it Pru Goward, Minister for Whatever.

Go back to the dedicated women's refuge model and provide more of them. Build one less lane on your M12 or whatever. Kids and Women's welfare is more important than traffic.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: The domestic violence situation
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:19am

Maybe they could just try not arguing at home.... there are more men homeless than women, every time, and the current handling of 'domestic violence' is a disgrace in many ways, and is itself the root cause of much violence.

Women get massive priority in housing when homeless, and the figures are inflated by including children as if they have nothing to do with their father(s).  Not only that but claiming domestic violence is a convenient way of getting bumped up the list etc, and the desire of a woman to go her own way without thought or consideration for others is not 'domestic violence'.

The reasons for women and children living in cars etc should be FULLY explored... most of it is called poverty and hopelessness... most violence is reciprocal and often based on despair and abuse of substances etc .... fix those and you are a long way ahead of the game.

You will never resolve the issues of family violence while ever you adhere to the paradigm of 'women victims - men victimisers' and listen to the strident feminist propaganda about it all.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:33am

Make high volume property developers provide more pubic housing.

Mirvac is trying to get a development site up in Marrickville, 2600 apartments and not one for public housing.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 8:49am

A man wanted by police for allegedly assaulting his own mother after a two-car crash near Wollongong yesterday has been found dead.

The Nine Network reports the 27-year-old man’s body was found in Coalcliff overnight. Police had earlier said James Uhr was driving a stolen Ford ute involved in the crash and he then fled in a white 2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan with NSW registration AKB 38X that he stole from a witness at the scene.

The woman was taken to Wollongong Hospital with facial injuries and is in a serious but stable condition.

domestic violence is not just about husband and wife..

the word DOMESTIC...does not say MEN violence WOMEN victim.. Angry Angry Angry

sorry grap but you immediately turn this into a men v women thing..

and a certain women. Rosie Batty is trying  her best to change that..

here a son could have killed his mother..... Angry Angry

we have a lot of social issues in this country and we cant sit back and let the govt of the day FIX everything..

its time to teach everyone males and females  they must stand up for themselves....it all starts with BULLIES...these people who batter others dont just turn into these monsters when they are adults...

speak up....encourage people to talk about it...

DV needs follow up...even more so where children are involved....once reported for DV.. then expect a govt dept to become involved in  your life.....its what you ask for when you show these traits.... Angry Angry

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 9:04am

Unfortunately, cods, the concept of 'addressing violence in society', begun in 1992, has not progressed beyond what was then labeled 'the first step' - which was cutting down on man v woman violence.

Due to the hysterics and hystrionics of the feminist lobbies, with their endless 'upgrading' of what actually constitutes 'violence' (but only against women) in this context, this 'program' has never moved one step forward from that, and has instead become mired in the kind of endless slogging that was The Western Front in WW I - with increasing casualties on all sides and no end in sight.

You will recall that at the time, I said that Rose Batty had wanted to address FAMILY violence as a whole, but was forced to regurgitate the approved line - that men are the culprits 100% of the time.  Her special case was clearly special - her estranged was a certified nutter, and his actions bear zero resemblance to the normal daily fare that makes up what is popularly called 'domestic violence' - by those without the capacity to think clearly.

Meanwhile men are thrown out of their homes, robbed of their families and their accumulated wealth, and often assaulted, deprived of rights and personal liberties, and are, as a result, becoming more and more second class citizens in the nation they built.  Never a more clear picture of what WILL eventually bring about revolt... and but one of the issues that are disturbing and distressing many Australians and driving them to as near a rebellion as they can get - and all because we have fools with power trying to impose the will of their preferred lobby groups... in this case the women's groups.

So, no - it is not a matter of my turning it into just women v men - I am more than aware of all the other issues in FAMILY violence, and have laid out for you all before why the current approach is a failure.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 10:02am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:19am:
Maybe they could just try not arguing at home.... there are more men homeless than women, every time, and the current handling of 'domestic violence' is a disgrace in many ways, and is itself the root cause of much violence.

Women get massive priority in housing when homeless, and the figures are inflated by including children as if they have nothing to do with their father(s).  Not only that but claiming domestic violence is a convenient way of getting bumped up the list etc, and the desire of a woman to go her own way without thought or consideration for others is not 'domestic violence'.

The reasons for women and children living in cars etc should be FULLY explored... most of it is called poverty and hopelessness... most violence is reciprocal and often based on despair and abuse of substances etc .... fix those and you are a long way ahead of the game.

You will never resolve the issues of family violence while ever you adhere to the paradigm of 'women victims - men victimisers' and listen to the strident feminist propaganda about it all.

Good point, Bogie, and I agree. There is a chronic shortage of women's crisis services.

In my experience though, you create a homeless crisis service and it gets filled. You create another, and that gets filled up too.

Women leave one violent relationship, and within a year, they're in another. The cycle continues, the children suffer.

As Tony Abbott said when he opposed Rudd's homeless funding, "the poor will always be with us" (Matthew 26:11). While this was roundly condemned, there's a lot of truth to it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 10:05am

Gordon wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:33am:
Make high volume property developers provide more pubic housing.

Mirvac is trying to get a development site up in Marrickville, 2600 apartments and not one for public housing.

I agree, Gordon. This is a great model.

Bulldoze Shalvey, Waterloo and Green Valley. House the poor like everyone else.

What you find is middle class consciousness rubs off. While the poor still have problems - childhood trauma being the driver, they learn to adapt.

Housing first. When you solve that, other things can fall into place.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 10:37am

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 10:02am:

Good point, Bogie, and I agree. There is a chronic shortage of women's crisis services.

In my experience though, you create a homeless crisis service and it gets filled. You create another, and that gets filled up too.

Women leave one violent relationship, and within a year, they're in another. The cycle continues, the children suffer.

As Tony Abbott said when he opposed Rudd's homeless funding, "the poor will always be with us" (Matthew 26:11). While this was roundly condemned, there's a lot of truth to it.

There is a massively greater crisis in men's crisis services - and nobody really wants to address that.  There are ZERO services for men thrown out of their home over family violence unless you want to sleep with the great unwashed.

True - a service will rapidly fill up for any number of reasons not necessarily related to family violence (my cousin works in one).  The prime drivers seem to link with your next paragraph - a poor upbringing leads to an inability to establish and maintain a viable relationship, and this becomes serial, and unless the root causes of violence overall  in a society are addressed - and how can they be in any meaningful way? - there can be no real solution, only an endless parade of people bumping into one another and producing sparks and then bouncing, like a ball in a pinball machine, into someone else.

(I think Paul Simon got that one somewhere.... lessee now... 'there's a girl in New York city, calls herself the human trampoline' ... could have several meanings but it seems to fit.....)

P.S.  Not sure how my quote got tangled up with a reference to Bogie......

P.P.S  In housing the poor try to avoid the Ministries Of Truth such as exist in Waterloo... bleak monoliths staring stone-faced and petulantly at the sky while hiding behind their skirts the agony of thousands... (s'all me own work 'at is). I know a lady who lives in one of those, linked up with a bloke there and he was a nutter.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:01pm

There certainly is a lot of truth in that.

Just like the unknown unknowns....

Drugs are bad mmmmmK: but seriously, drugs are a pestilence but not all bad situations come from that... it can be a symptom and also a cause.

My basic take is femininism is good aslong as it defends itself. We all know bad stories... you can't just do anything in life but certainly if there is a patriarchy problem then its obviously fair enough to discuss it. But dismissing how the world came about is just nuts because good men died to give us the chance to even speak, let alone speak english.

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:22pm

I can't agree with that. By suggesting that women go from one abusive relationship to another you are, aside from overlooking the severity of the problem across socio-economic and cultural influences, is a little too close to victim blaming for my comfort.

You are implying that there is a pathology in these (mostly) women that not only enables abuse but could be argued (by someone like Grappler) that violence is somehow reciprocal. Perhaps even hints at an underclass in which family violence is almost to be expected? Certainly suggests that a woman foolish enough to be abused will do so for perpetuity.

Your argument could, conversely, be used to suggest that men are inherantly violent.

I believe doing any of the above misses the mark dramatically.

The facts are that family violence can and does happen to anyone. There is no way to tell who or who isn't a perpetrator at face value. Many people leave family violence situations and unravel the hows and the whys and come out stronger, wiser and empowered.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:27pm

It's not me who argues about reciprocal violence in relationships - it's any number of studies.....

Anyone in a relationship knows that violence is always two ways - pretty much the same as the issues in relationships are... funny how that works.... two consenting adults (by allegation anyway).... tends to always be two way.  Cool

For those women who DO move from one abusive relationship to another..... I think Karnal has a point.  If there is any victim blaming' it is the victim doing it to herself... the reasons are countless but often to do with not having a firm grounding when young...

As a mental health professional (snuckles) you must have heard of the victim/oppressor/ rescuer cycle... some women and men do it all their lives.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:27pm:
It's not me who argues about reciprocal violence in relationships - it's any number of studies.....

Anyone in a relationship knows that violence is always two ways - pretty much the same as the issues in relationships are... funny how that works.... two consenting adults (by allegation anyway).... tends to always be two way.  Cool

For those women who DO move from one abusive relationship to another..... I think Karnal has a point.  If there is any victim blaming' it is the victim doing it to herself... the reasons are countless but often to do with not having a firm grounding when young...

As a mental health professional (snuckles) you must have heard of the victim/oppressor/ rescuer cycle... some women and men do it all their lives.....

I got as far as "violence is always two way" then gave up.

No point.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:41pm

It's a no brainer for me. I've got 20 bucks here for whoever can produce a bloke hiding in a car, not able to find refuge from a wife who wants to commit violence on him.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:43pm

bogarde73 wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:41pm:
It's a no brainer for me. I've got 20 bucks here for whoever can produce a bloke hiding in a car, not able to find refuge from a wife who wants to commit violence on him.

DV isn't just physical.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #14 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:55pm

bogarde73 wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:41pm:

Is your quote, in your signature, pure coincidence it's from "September 11"?

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 21
Send Topic Print