Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Myanmar's Rohingya lie has been exposed by UN (Read 5369 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: Myanmar's Rohingya lie has been exposed by UN
Reply #15 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:30pm

mothra wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
Why are they not viewed kindly by the locals in Bangladesh?

You understand people looking down on refugees, don't you Herbie.

Don't be an ass.

Why is the general feeling one of disenchantment and hostility towards these fellow-Muslims?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:34pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:30pm:
mothra wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
Why are they not viewed kindly by the locals in Bangladesh?

You understand people looking down on refugees, don't you Herbie.

Don't be an ass.

Why is the general feeling one of disenchantment and hostility towards these fellow-Muslims?

General ill-feeling? True? I don;t have any. Do you?

Their oppressors don't like them ... the people they are landing in great numbers and in dire need amidst are unhappy ... what is this general feeling you speak of?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:09pm

Rohingya crisis: Mother says Burmese soldiers 'threw my baby into a fire'

Muslim minority refugees fleeing to Bangladesh to escape persecution recount horror stories of atrocities carried out by state troops

Hundreds of women stood in the river, held at gunpoint, ordered not to move.

A pack of soldiers stepped toward a petite young woman with light brown eyes and delicate cheekbones. Her name was Rajuma, and she was standing chest-high in the water, clutching her baby son, while her village in Burma burned down behind her.

“You,” the soldiers said, pointing at her.

She froze.

“You!”

She squeezed her baby tighter.

In the next violent blur of moments, the soldiers clubbed Rajuma in the face, tore her screaming child out of her arms and hurled him into a fire. She was then dragged into a house and gang-raped.

By the time the day was over, she was running through a field naked and covered in blood. Alone, she had lost her son, her mother, her two sisters and her younger brother, all wiped out in front of her eyes, she says.

Rajuma is a Rohingya Muslim, one of the most persecuted ethnic groups on earth, and she now spends her days drifting through a refugee camp in Bangladesh in a daze.

She relayed her story to me during a recent reporting trip I made to the camps, where hundreds of thousands of Rohingya like her have rushed for safety. Her deeply disturbing account of what happened in her village, in late August, was corroborated by dozens of other survivors, whom I spoke with at length, and by human rights groups gathering evidence of atrocities.

Survivors said they saw government soldiers stabbing babies, cutting off boys’ heads, gang-raping girls, shooting 40-millimetre grenades into houses, burning entire families to death, and rounding up dozens of unarmed male villagers and summarily executing them.

Much of the violence was flamboyantly brutal, intimate and personal — the kind that is detonated by a long, bitter history of ethnic hatred.

“People were holding the soldiers’ feet, begging for their lives,” Rajuma said. “But they didn’t stop, they just kicked them off and killed them, they chopped people, they shot people, they raped us, they left us senseless.”

Human rights investigators said that Burma's military killed more than 1,000 civilians in the state of Rakhine, and possibly as many as 5,000, though it will be hard to ever know because Burma is not allowing the United Nations or anyone else into the affected areas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/rohingya-crisis-latest-baby-thrown-...

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:23pm

mothra wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Rohingya crisis: Mother says Burmese soldiers 'threw my baby into a fire'

Muslim minority refugees fleeing to Bangladesh to escape persecution recount horror stories of atrocities carried out by state troops

Hundreds of women stood in the river, held at gunpoint, ordered not to move.

A pack of soldiers stepped toward a petite young woman with light brown eyes and delicate cheekbones. Her name was Rajuma, and she was standing chest-high in the water, clutching her baby son, while her village in Burma burned down behind her.

“You,” the soldiers said, pointing at her.

She froze.

“You!”

She squeezed her baby tighter.

In the next violent blur of moments, the soldiers clubbed Rajuma in the face, tore her screaming child out of her arms and hurled him into a fire. She was then dragged into a house and gang-raped.

By the time the day was over, she was running through a field naked and covered in blood. Alone, she had lost her son, her mother, her two sisters and her younger brother, all wiped out in front of her eyes, she says.

Rajuma is a Rohingya Muslim, one of the most persecuted ethnic groups on earth, and she now spends her days drifting through a refugee camp in Bangladesh in a daze.

She relayed her story to me during a recent reporting trip I made to the camps, where hundreds of thousands of Rohingya like her have rushed for safety. Her deeply disturbing account of what happened in her village, in late August, was corroborated by dozens of other survivors, whom I spoke with at length, and by human rights groups gathering evidence of atrocities.

Survivors said they saw government soldiers stabbing babies, cutting off boys’ heads, gang-raping girls, shooting 40-millimetre grenades into houses, burning entire families to death, and rounding up dozens of unarmed male villagers and summarily executing them.

Much of the violence was flamboyantly brutal, intimate and personal — the kind that is detonated by a long, bitter history of ethnic hatred.

“People were holding the soldiers’ feet, begging for their lives,” Rajuma said. “But they didn’t stop, they just kicked them off and killed them, they chopped people, they shot people, they raped us, they left us senseless.”

Human rights investigators said that Burma's military killed more than 1,000 civilians in the state of Rakhine, and possibly as many as 5,000, though it will be hard to ever know because Burma is not allowing the United Nations or anyone else into the affected areas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/rohingya-crisis-latest-baby-thrown-...

Sounds like Buddhists reacting to Islamists to me. Tit for tat.

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:27pm

United Nations investigators have exposed Myanmar's lie that the offensive by security forces launched against Rohingya Muslims was in response to insurgent attacks in Rakhine state on August 25.

Rohingya survivors have told the UN the security forces began attacking Rohingya townships and villages weeks earlier, in early August.

The UN Human Rights Office report indicates that the campaign of ethnic cleansing in Myanmar's poorest state was pre-meditated.

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:33pm

mothra wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:27pm:
United Nations investigators have exposed Myanmar's lie that the offensive by security forces launched against Rohingya Muslims was in response to insurgent attacks in Rakhine state on August 25.

Rohingya survivors have told the UN the security forces began attacking Rohingya townships and villages weeks earlier, in early August.

The UN Human Rights Office report indicates that the campaign of ethnic cleansing in Myanmar's poorest state was pre-meditated.

What would be your reaction if you found rats in your house?

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Rats:

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:43pm

Poor, poor people!

Every crisis has a human face.

If Islam stopped murdering civilians, this type of reciprocity might not occur. Human casualties are everywhere.

I was told to drink my milk at school in the 60's, even though it was hot, because children were starving in Africa.

Did my distaste and sacrifice make one iota of difference?

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:44pm

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:43pm:
I was told to drink my milk at school in the 60's, even though it was hot, because children were starving in Africa.

Yes, you have strong bones and teeth because you drank hot milk ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:45pm

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:48pm

Look, Herb.

Gang-bang time!  Cheesy

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:50pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:48pm:
Look, Herb.

Gang-bang time!  Cheesy

Herbie is only dealing with oral tonight.

And just between you and me, i think he's worn himself out.

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:51pm

AiA wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:44pm:

If you really knew me, you'd know just how much you boo-booed.

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:59pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:51pm:
AiA wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:44pm:

If you really knew me, you'd know just how much you boo-booed.

Are you saying you are suffering from the effects of a chronic calcium deficiency?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print