Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
AT LAST (Read 1196 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

AT LAST
Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:16pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/couple-jailed-for-30-years-over-toddle...

A NSW mother who claimed her toddler died after tripping over a rope tied to the family dogs has been jailed for at least 33 years for his brutal murder.

Her husband will spend at least 30 years behind bars after the pair was found guilty of murdering three-year-old Joseph after almost two months of abuse at Oberon, near Bathurst, in August 2014.

“This was a terrible crime of child murder,” Justice Peter Johnson said when sentencing the pair at the NSW Supreme Court in Darlinghurst today

During the seven week trial the court heard the little boy – who can be identified today for the first time by his first name Joseph – was systematically abused in the seven weeks leading up to his death by his mother, 42, because he looked like his biological father.

The jury were at times brought to tears as they heard evidence of how the toddler was held captive in ice-filled eskies, beaten with a wooden spoon, gagged with duct tape and had his head slammed in doors.

The boy’s mother had also repeatedly spoken of how she wanted to kill her son and spoke of desires to “pummel” his head with a baseball bat.

During her opening address to the NSW Supreme Court in February, Crown Prosecutor Margaret Cunneen, SC, explained how little Joseph was leading a “happy, healthy, normal” life with his extended family in Sydney before his maternal mother took custody of him and moved him back to a house in Oberon she shared with her new husband.

Within weeks of his arrival, he was dead.

The court heard how on August 3, 2014, the boy’s mother called triple-0 explaining her son was not breathing.

He was flown to hospital after having a cardiac arrest but died a few days later. The court heard at the time of his death he had suffered brain swelling, a number of blunt force injuries and was covered in scabs and bruises.

During an interview with police the mother and stepfather told police the little boy had been playing in a park near their home and had become entangled in two ropes which were attached to the family dogs “Chaos” and “Havoc”.

The mother also confessed to repeatedly abusing her son because he reminded her of his natural father.

It was the Crown case that the boy’s stepfather was also guilty of murder because he was part of a joint criminal enterprise with the mother to abuse and mistreat him.

Ms Cuneen argued the toddler was never taken to the park on the day he lost consciousness.

“It is the Crown case that [the boy]was in no state to be taken to the park that day and this was all a ruse in order to explain what had happened to [him],” Ms Cunneen said.

During the trial the court heard from the deceased toddler’s older brother who told the jury about a time he heard the little boy screaming after being locked inside an ice-filled Esky.

The brother also gave evidence about how he witnessed his little brother desperately trying to rip duct tape off his eyes on one occasion but the mother and stepfather kept sticking it back on.

The mother’s defence barrister told the jury his client maintained her son died as a result of an accident in the park and there was medical evidence that supported her claim.

Both the mother and stepfather maintained their innocence and pleaded not guilty to murder.

thank you Judge  at last a sentence to fit this horrendous crime...... I trust they will never be released...

may little Joseph RIP. at least he has a name now.. Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: AT LAST
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:21pm

cods wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:16pm:
the toddler was held captive in ice-filled eskies, beaten with a wooden spoon, gagged with duct tape and had his head slammed in doors.

why are these scum even allowed to live?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:38pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:21pm:
the toddler was held captive in ice-filled eskies, beaten with a wooden spoon, gagged with duct tape and had his head slammed in doors.

You already know the answer to that.  Did any of you notice who the Prosecutor was?  Yes, Margaret Cunneen, that person who was wrongly hounded all the way to the High Court by ICAC over that prang her son's girlfriend had.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:47pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:38pm:

You already know the answer to that.  Did any of you notice who the Prosecutor was?  Yes, Margaret Cunneen, that person who was wrongly hounded all the way to the High Court by ICAC over that prang her son's girlfriend had.

She looks fine to me.  Did she upset your applecart? Mr Lawyer man?  You, the person here who consistently puts down females ........

Far canal. Grin You really are so FULL of yourself.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:51pm

Neferti wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:47pm:

She looks fine to me.  Did she upset your applecart? Mr Lawyer man?  You, the person here who consistently puts down females ........

Here she she, right on cue.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:05pm

I posed a question (via email) to someone.  "How did that kid end up in the hands of these grubs."

This is the response.

Quote:
Poor Joseph had spent the first 3 years with his grandparents, uncles, aunt and cousins because the mother "couldn't cope".
When the mother got a new partner, she and he demanded the boy so they could get more from Centrelink. They promised to let the loving family know if any probs, but they didn't.

Where was DOCS, the Family Court.....this was totally avoidable.

Schits me.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:17pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:05pm:
I posed a question (via email) to someone.  "How did that kid end up in the hands of these grubs."

This is the response.

Quote:
Poor Joseph had spent the first 3 years with his grandparents, uncles, aunt and cousins because the mother "couldn't cope".
When the mother got a new partner, she and he demanded the boy so they could get more from Centrelink. They promised to let the loving family know if any probs, but they didn't.

Where was DOCS, the Family Court.....this was totally avoidable.

Schits me.

I think we have all been through that totally harrowing....sometimes money is involved when they take these children....this is one of the sickest I believe we have had a for a long time....and at long last a judge has woken up  dumbarse sentencing   is not the way this country needs to deal with child abusers..... they are getting worse and sicker....

I trust neither gets a moments peace in Jail for 30 years..

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #7 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:25pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:51pm:
Neferti wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:47pm:

Here she she, right on cue.

http://quicklol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/dog-sniffing-a-ladies-butt.gif

Now that's what we in the business call a slash hound..... a creature of fine taste .....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:27pm

On the subject - who in god's name allowed this 'mother' and her new 'fiend' to take custody of this boy?  Was it under that incredible myth of 'primary caregiving'?

I hope they leave prison feet first on a stretcher with a blanket over their faces....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:27pm

Shall we call Neferti...Slash Hound henceforth?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
On the subject - who in god's name allowed this 'mother' and her new 'fiend' to take custody of this boy?  Was it under that incredible myth of 'primary caregiving'?

I hope they leave prison feet first on a stretcher with a blanket over their faces....

Because....

Quote:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:49pm

The mother’s defence barrister told the jury his client maintained her son died as a result of an accident in the park and there was medical evidence that supported her claim

what can anyone say when a BARRISTER says that .

the medical record show worse.... Angry Angry

He was flown to hospital after having a cardiac arrest but died a few days later. The court heard at the time of his death he had suffered brain swelling, a number of blunt force injuries and was covered in scabs and bruises.

It was the Crown case that the boy’s stepfather was also guilty of murder because he was part of a joint criminal enterprise with the mother to abuse and mistreat him.

I dont know how these legals can sleep at night ...

I dont need any crap that everyone is entitled to a representative of the law......some things are just beyond what a society should do...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 7:03pm

Every alleged grub is entitled to a fair trial cods, and that includes legal representation.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:39pm

Ropes don't kill people, dear.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 12:42pm

I cannot imagine the terror and pain that this little toddler suffered before he died. 

I think in a case like this, first, lying to get custody of a child.  And then systematically abuse and torture the child, leading finally to his murder.   This should be a resounding life in prison.  33 years ONLY if they  pleaded guilty, but they  did not.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print