Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The manipulation of electricity prices by Govts. (Read 1569 times)
lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The manipulation of electricity prices by Govts.
Reply #15 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:49pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
god you are demented

well seeing as Gnads said yes. I guess you must be the only sane one. /sarc

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:53pm

lee wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:49pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
god you are demented

well seeing as Gnads said yes. I guess you must be the only sane one. /sarc

gnads was talking about CPI increases, you're deflecting. Not the same thing. Although it does appear that I'm the only one sane enough to understand that.

you realise throwing straw men arguments out there isn't going to make the OP disappear, right?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 10:39pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:53pm:
gnads was talking about CPI increases,

You seem to be under a misapprehension. There is nothing in the OP about CPI. How would CPI be "manipulation" of prices?

Gnads wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:04pm:
Tarong bounces back 5 years after LNP put Power Station units into storage

The ETU has praised the Palaszczuk Government for bringing local jobs back to the community of Tarong by putting two power station units back online which were placed into cold storage by the LNP.

This week marks five years to do the day the Newman Government placed two of the units at the Tarong Power Station into cold storage, in order to raise Stanwell revenues prior to planned privatisation of the company.

Certainly doesn't sound like CPI. Either you can't read basic English or perhaps you are just - What was it you called me?- A liar.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 11:18pm

lee wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 10:39pm:
There is nothing in the OP about CPI

no one said there was Cheesy Cheesy

Certainly doesn't sound like CPI. Either you can't read basic English or perhaps you are just - What was it you called me?- A liar.

you forgot the third option. Mainly that you are an idiot. What you quoted wasn't Gnads comment, it was a quote that Gnads supplied.

there is a difference. Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

BlueBeard

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 5:50am

lee wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:20pm:

Fancy putting coal power back on line. You would think the greenies would be up in arms.

You would think that there was an election coming up with her numbers plummeting.

its amazing what these politicians will do FOR the people once there's an election coming up.

successive governments have betrayed its people both state and federal.

the qld state labor government was not going to approve the new coal mine but when their numbers plummeted and an election looming, bang!! , they approved the mine.

labor need to stop doing deals with the greens, its been a disaster for our country.

but if the qld state government are really trying to fix things then good on them.

not forgetting the massive pressure one nation has put on all QLD state political parties with calls to open mining and build new power stations. their numbers have. been going up and up.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 6:34am

sir Joh was a businessman who came up thru the ranks and had years of grinding it out to be successful.

in dealing with foreign miners, joh was not "easy prey" like bligh, beattie and paloschuk.

bligh and beattie gave away the gas for about 1 billion in royalties.  a similar ammount of gas at the same time coming out of Qatar cost the multinationals 20 billion in royalties. no wonder multinationals like labor governments. they are full of pussies.

but joh had the best model of all.

you could mine the coal but the government owned the rail, the ports and they charged huge fees to move the stuff.  HUGE and way over the top. he squeezed them til it hurt.

you could build your aluminium refinery in gladstone but the government built the enormous power plant next door and you paid HUGE prices for the power.

all straight back into the government coffers.

and no "one off deal".

you paid and paid in perpetuity.

you never stopped paying joh.

a "minerals rent tax" that worked.

and then we had swan and rudd try to tax miners and the tax cost more to administer then it collected Wink

and now turnbull and morrison tried to tax iron ore but the bottom fell out so they tax the gold miners (and the banks).in fact anyone who is successful has a big target on their back.

this is communism, pure and simple.
this is the politics of envy and the politics of driving everyone to be mediocre.

and now we will have blackouts and appeals not to use your air conditioner.

in the country which is the worlds biggest exporter of coal and a very big exporter of gas.

and instead we will build batteries and pump water back up the snowy and pay enormous subsidies to danish wind turbine makers to instal turbines which currently make less then 3 % of our electricity needs.

what a sick joke this country is  Wink

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 8:47am

lee wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 7:47pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 7:34pm:
I'd say yes... the companies apply for price increases just like the CPI increases.

Bringing back more generation capacity should help to drop or alleviate any further increases.

So Labor Queensland is a government, prices have gone up. But they are pure as the driven snow, and is not one of those governments that manipulate electricity prices. Got it. Wink

Does the price of your daily dose of fibre go up?

I'd suggest you eat more.

There's a difference to CPI type increases than the out & out gouging that's been going on across the country.

Hey Labor allowed CSG fracking in QLD ... it's no good either but that doesn't get the LNP off the hook for the Tarong situation.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 8:50am

You seem to be under a misapprehension. There is nothing in the OP about CPI. How would CPI be "manipulation" of prices?

The ETU has praised the Palaszczuk Government for bringing local jobs back to the community of Tarong by putting two power station units back online which were placed into cold storage by the LNP.

This week marks five years to do the day the Newman Government placed two of the units at the Tarong Power Station into cold storage, in order to raise Stanwell revenues prior to planned privatisation of the company.

Still deflecting ... it may not have been in the original post ... but when you asked the question about price rises under LABOR ...... I stated CPI.

You need to take something for your short term memory or learn how to read thoroughly.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 11:20am

quote author=John_Smith link=1507777481/18#18 date=1507814338]lee wrote Yesterday at 8:39pm:
There is nothing in the OP about CPI

no one said there was [/quote]

You are floundering.

John Smith wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 11:18pm:
What you quoted wasn't Gnads comment, it was a quote that Gnads supplied.

there is a difference.

Yes, he provided a quote. He didn't agree/disagree with the quote. He provided no input at all.

NORMAL people would assume that he approved of quote in that case. Wink

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 11:21am

Gnads wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 8:47am:
There's a difference to CPI type increases than the out & out gouging that's been going on across the country.

Thank you. As I said CPI has nothing to do with price manipulation.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 11:34am

Gnads wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 8:50am:
Still deflecting ... it may not have been in the original post ... but when you asked the question about price rises under LABOR ...... I stated CPI.

So in your view only CPI increases and therefore not manipulating the price as per your headline.

"Deregulation of retail electricity prices in South East Queensland (SEQ) commenced on 1 July 2016. This means the QCA no longer regulates retail electricity prices for residential and small business customers in SEQ. "

"On 31 May 2017, the Queensland Competition Authority (QCA) announced new regulated retail prices for regional Queensland for 2017–18.

In the previous 12 months, unprecedented increases in wholesale energy costs have placed significant upward pressure on retail prices for electricity customers across Queensland."

https://www.dews.qld.gov.au/electricity/prices

"Power prices jumped on July 1 after three major retailers announced increases of up to 20 per cent and $600 a year for the average customer in some states."

"“It in no way explains why bills have gone up by 183 per cent on average over the last two decades.”

He’s not the only one who is just a little sceptical, which is why the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is now investigating prices in Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT."

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/costs/the-real-reasons-why-our-power-prices...

So it does't appear to be Government.

Gnads wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 8:50am:
You need to take something for your short term memory or learn how to read thoroughly.

Perhaps you need to do a modicum of research.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print