Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Will you accept the result? (Read 3679 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Will you accept the result?
Reply #45 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
mothra wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:01pm:
You're a feminist again. Just fot today?

I'm always a feminist, Hammer.

I just don't happen to think that very many people on here know what a feminist actually is.

Ah... but there be feminists and feminists... like Muslims they come in many colours and stamps..... generalising and theorising and putting on the mantle of the 'good' feminist is meaningless.. we need to SEE your 'outcomes'(shudders at use of buzz word) for ourselves in order to judge....

It is only by your results that we can fairly judge.......  Cool

Well you've got some catching up to do. First you need to work out what i've actually said versus what you have shoved in my mouth ... then approach analysis without prejudice (a seemingly impossible task for you) ... and then you "all" can start "judging" me on my actual merits.

Meanwhile, i've got you worked all the way out.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:25pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:01pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:43pm:
The latest Australian Bureau of Statistics figures show 62.5 per cent of survey forms have now been sent back.
This is enough to give legitimacy to the survey.
So will you accept the result if it is not what you were hoping for?

Will the SSM people accept the result if they lose or will they be like the brexit losers who whinged and complained about the result?

I boycotted the whole dogs dinner of a process so I don't care about the result!

I simply believe sodomy is violence and if anyone tries to teach my kid about it I will be taking action!

Charity begins at home, Death.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:25pm

____ wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:15pm:
A survey is a snap moment in time count of people's opinion.
We have political surveys regularly because positions change.

Whatever the result, we should have a new $122 million survey every three months, until the end of the current government's term.

Then in the next government's term, the marriage act bastardisation by John Howard is reversed.

Gay people can then use the court to test the validity of marriage equality.

This way it would be less divisive. Unless via the courts, Gay people are able to remove religious freedom to discriminate against gay people.

The marriage act was never bastardised.
It wasn't bastardised by Howard.
Ask Labor they supported the wording changes and they also stated that the meaning of the act was never changed merely confirmed and clarified.
So lie to yourself all you like but stop wasting my time by continually posting that rubbish. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:31pm by Grendel »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:26pm

i still don't get why you think it wasn't changed just because labor ended up agreeing to it?

you're a fool goose.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:32pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:26pm:
i still don't get why you think it wasn't changed just because labor ended up agreeing to it?

you're a fool goose.

Well I'm not but you sure do a good impersonation of a retarded goose...  Troll.

get an adult to explain it to you, I've given up trying. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #50 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:35pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:25pm:

Whatever the result, we should have a new $122 million survey every three months, until the end of the current government's term.

Then in the next government's term, the marriage act bastardisation by John Howard is reversed.

This way it would be less divisive. Unless via the courts, Gay people are able to remove religious freedom to discriminate against gay people.

The marriage act we never bastardised.
Ask Labor they supported the wording changes and they also stated that the meaning of the act was never changed merely confirmed and clarified.
So lie to yourself all you like but stop wasting my time by continually posting that rubbish. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So you admit the marriage act was bastardised by Howard ... words changes so to deny the opportunity of recognising marriages that occurred overseas.

Howard removed the rights of a section of the population and this is why this is a human rights issue.

Also a plank in the argument of why Australia requires a Bill of Rights.

As Howard stripped a right from same sex couples, a future politician could strip rights from other Australians.

Christians, for example. A right to wear the crucifix in public, or something along that line..

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #51 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:42pm

That 'section of the population' didn't have that 'right' in Australia... do we permit a person with a tribal permission to carry an AK-47 to carry it here?

Thought not....

Do try to get a grip on the issues, would you?

'gay marriage' is not a right - it is a preference and if granted will be a gift from the representatives of the society in which we live since it has no foundation in reality, since marriage is currently defined as between a man and a woman .... and as such the privilege of 'gay marriage' can be withdrawn at any time.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:43pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:32pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:26pm:

you're a fool goose.

Well I'm not but you sure do a good impersonation of a retarded goose...  Troll.

get an adult to explain it to you, I've given up trying. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

yet you keep citing labor agreeing to it as your proof that it wasn't changed. It doesn't matter what any politician says, the fact remains it was changed. DO you even know what 'change' means?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:44pm

they supported the wording
changes

opps, you shot yourself in the foot

you idiot Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:47pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:01pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
The latest Australian Bureau of Statistics figures show 62.5 per cent of survey forms have now been sent back.

Will the SSM people accept the result if they lose or will they be like the brexit losers who whinged and complained about the result?

I boycotted the whole dogs dinner of a process so I don't care about the result!

I simply believe sodomy is violence and if anyone tries to teach my kid about it I will be taking action!

We have to look at the future, by looking at other countries, and there we have a clue..... does this current Aussie ad show us the measure of what is to come for our children's future?

Will parents really lose their rights in Australian schools and what is taught, as done in Canada for instance?

What action can a parent take? Doing home schooling? Going to live far away from the madding crowds? Limiting internet and TV?

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #55 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:55pm

PM targets gays in marriage law

Gay couples will be banned from marrying or adopting children from overseas but will be allowed to inherit their partner's superannuation under proposed changes to marriage laws announced today.
Less than an hour after Prime Minister John Howard announced the changes to the Marriage Act, the government rushed legislation enabling the changes into parliament.

Mr Howard said the Marriage Act would be changed to include a definition of marriage as the `voluntarily entered-into union of a man and a woman to exclusion of all others'.

The laws currently do not define marriage.

``We've decided to insert this into the Marriage Act to make it very plain that that is our view of a marriage and to also make it very plain that the definition of a marriage is something that should rest in the hands ultimately of the parliament of the nation,'' Mr Howard told reporters.

''(It should) not over time be subject to redefinition or change by courts, it is something that ought to be expressed through the elected representatives of the country.''

The change would mean that couples could not marry overseas in a country where gay marriage was legal and then hope to have the union recognised on their return to Australia.

Mr Howard also said the Family Law Act would be changed to prevent, where possible, gay couples adopting children from overseas.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/27/1085461876842.html

Howard's Bastardisation of the Marriage Act
and
Removal of Rights from a section of the Population.
i.e Banning Gay Couples From Marrying. Removing their Right that already existed.
This is a human rights issue.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #56 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 2:23am

Will you accept the result?

Of course, we live in a democracy. A part of that is we must accept things that do not go our way.

Although Raven wishes the aftermath was fair.

A NO vote appears to be binding. A YES vote is not.

We spent over a hundred million dollars on this exercise. The outcome should be binding, no matter what it is.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #57 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:37am

If you were asking the republican movement or the proponents of Day Light Savings and the vote was no, then most definitely the will of the people would be rejected, as many very expensive referenda have shown.

So why should this be any different?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:21am

mothra wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:01pm:
You're a feminist again. Just fot today?

I'm always a feminist, Hammer.

I just don't happen to think that very many people on here know what a feminist actually is.

Neither do you.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:24am

The marriage act was never bastardised.

Howard changed the Marriage Act, and you had no say in it.

Why do you a demand a say in it now?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print