Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Murder rates in NT higher than USA (Read 6063 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Murder rates in NT higher than USA
Oct 10th, 2017 at 1:57pm

Quote:
Murder rates in NT towns of Katherine, Tennant Creek worse than US, Government figures show

The murder rates in Katherine and Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory are higher than that of the United States, new NT Government figures have shown.

According to new crime statistics, there have been seven homicides in the Northern Territory towns of Katherine and Tennant Creek since January.

Those occurred in towns where the combined population is just 13,000 people, meaning the rate of murders, manslaughters, and attempted murders is about 50 times higher than the national average.

It is 30 times the national rate of the USA, a country notorious for gun violence.

All seven victims and those charged with the crimes in Katherine and Tennant Creek are Aboriginal.

The NT's Labor Government is now moving away from the previous Country Liberals' policy of stationing police outside bottle shops, but Senior Sergeant Eton said he believed the violence would worsen under the change.

"Police standing on bottle shops — yes, I know the [police] association is against it, and I know we'd rather not be doing it, but it's a proven method in relation to decreasing the amount of domestic violence," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-09/murder-rate-katherine-tennant-creek-worse-...

Do you think the leftists will talk about this or will they try to sweep in under the carpet or blame whiteys for this

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Murder rates in NT higher than USA
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:26pm

I want my two pump action shotguns back.

.....but i'm not holding my breath!

I owned them for 20 plus years, without incident.

And, imo, Australia isn't any safer today, than when i had to surrender them following the edict of John Howard's government.

someone on OzPol posted.....
Quote:

There are no good guns.  There are no bad guns.

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing.

A gun in the hands of a good man isn't a threat to anyone .......... except a bad guy!

Yadda said....
Quote:

Being a cynic, i suspect that the atrocity committed by Martin Bryant was a 'happy circumstance' for some in our community, social 'progressives' who were waiting for a good excuse to make firearm ownership much more difficult, and enact legislation to effectively disarm many/most Australian citizens.

After 1996, i lost two 12g's and a 22 semi-auto.

Yadda wrote on Sep 10th, 2011 at 2:46pm:

p.s.
Personally, i believe that everyone over the age of say, 25 years old, who has never had a drink driving, or [illicit] drug use conviction, or, a criminal conviction [in the last 20 years], should be permitted to own, and keep a firearm in their own home, for the protection of themselves, and their property.

Which is just reflecting good Australian values.     Wink

Google;
Every Man Should Have A Rifle, Henry Lawson

Quote:

Australia could easily deter any potential invader, AND, solve 99% of all violent crime within our borders, imo.

How?

Identify those citizens who,
1/ are over 25 years of age,
AND,
2/ have no convictions for violent crime [in the last 15-20 years],
AND,
3/ have no drink driving, or drug use convictions [in the last 15-20 years].

Allow these people, IF THEY WISH TO, to own firearms for the defence of their life and property.
And allow ANY property holder to kill, *anyone* [with a clear violent intent] who entered their property uninvited.
AND, allow a mandatory death sentence for those who are convicted of committing a violent crime, using a firearm.

Australia would become a safe [low violent crime] *armed society*, imo.
And any potential invader would consider an armed citizenry, as a serious deterrent to invasion.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:07pm

I blame the humidity.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:01pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
Quote:
Murder rates in NT towns of Katherine, Tennant Creek worse than US, Government figures show

The murder rates in Katherine and Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory are higher than that of the United States, new NT Government figures have shown.

According to new crime statistics, there have been seven homicides in the Northern Territory towns of Katherine and Tennant Creek since January.

Those occurred in towns where the combined population is just 13,000 people, meaning the rate of murders, manslaughters, and attempted murders is about 50 times higher than the national average.

It is 30 times the national rate of the USA, a country notorious for gun violence.

All seven victims and those charged with the crimes in Katherine and Tennant Creek are Aboriginal.

The NT's Labor Government is now moving away from the previous Country Liberals' policy of stationing police outside bottle shops, but Senior Sergeant Eton said he believed the violence would worsen under the change.

"Police standing on bottle shops — yes, I know the [police] association is against it, and I know we'd rather not be doing it, but it's a proven method in relation to decreasing the amount of domestic violence," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-09/murder-rate-katherine-tennant-creek-worse-...

Do you think the leftists will talk about this or will they try to sweep in under the carpet or blame whiteys for this

Those murders are acceptable because they weren't killed using a gun, so nothing to see here.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:04pm

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:01pm:
Quote:

Those murders are acceptable because they weren't killed using a gun, so nothing to see here.

What were they using?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:11pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:04pm:
Quote:

What were they using?

Usually blunt objects or knives, not a lot of weaponry needed to beat a woman or child to death.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:14pm

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:11pm:
Quote:

What were they using?

Usually blunt objects or knives, not a lot of weaponry needed to beat a woman or child to death.

"Usually"?

So, you're just guessing - yes?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:29pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:14pm:
Quote:

What were they using?

"Usually"?

Well I wasn't there at the time fkkhead, so yeah. Based on the news reports I have heard while here in the NT it is USUALLY a blunt object or a knife.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:30pm

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:29pm:
Quote:

What were they using?

"Usually"?

Well I wasn't there at the time fkkhead, so yeah. Based on the news reports I have heard while here in the NT it is USUALLY a blunt object or a knife.

No links, nothing?

Just, "Uh, derrrrr, from what I have hearded .. derp, derp".

Nice work, Spud.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:30pm

It's particularly sad to see topics like this go unaddressed because people try to derail them due to their own biased agenda.

How will things ever improve in these communities unless it is addressed in a rational manner?

This is a huge problem here.  Be sensible people!

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #10 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:34pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:30pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:29pm:
Quote:

What were they using?

"Usually"?

No links, nothing?

Just, "Uh, derrrrr, from what I have hearded .. derp, derp".

Nice work, Spud.

On the NT news for the last 4 and half years is where I get my info from fkkhead.  Smiley Smiley

Are you so fkking retarded that you cannot do your own google search, don't answer that we all know  the answer already.

You aren't even a half decent troll just a fkkwit with a keyboard.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #11 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:35pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:07pm:
I blame the humidity.

Plus the booze to relieve the thirst.  Wink

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:43pm

Quote:
It is 30 times the national rate of the USA

Apparently this is of no concern.    So sad.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #13 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:47pm

Black Orchid wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:30pm:
It's particularly sad to see topics like this go unaddressed because people try to derail them due to their own biased agenda.

How will things ever improve in these communities unless it is addressed in a rational manner?

This is a huge problem here.  Be sensible people!

It is, basically, a LOST CAUSE ... sad but that's what it is.

Various Governments have tried and until black people (here and elsewhere) stop considering themselves VICTIMS and stop looking for handouts because they are black ..... the majority do get out of the rut but even in a Caucasian society we have the drop outs.

The Missionaries came to Australia and tried to "save" these people ... that didn't work either.

Perhaps Captain Cook should have shot the lot of them?

What really annoys me is that some people claim to have Aboriginal ancestry and get "speshul" dispensations for University, entry into the Public Service, and so forth. There is no DNA test to prove this and that is UNFAIR on the rest of Australians, regardless of what their ancestry is.

This is Leftardism at its best.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #14 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:34am

Neferti wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:47pm:
What really annoys me is that some people claim to have Aboriginal ancestry and get "speshul" dispensations for University, entry into the Public Service, and so forth. There is no DNA test to prove this and that is UNFAIR on the rest of Australians, regardless of what their ancestry is.

They do need Proof of Aboriginality in order to get that "speshul" dispensation. That means a recognised Aboriginal organisation has to say, in writing, that those applying for 50d positions both identify as an Aboriginal and are recognised by the wider aboriginal community in which they live as being an Aboriginal.

To be fair though Raven can understand your frustration. Should Raven choose to he could apply for 50d positions because, even though he has no Aboriginal blood, he is considered an Aboriginal in the community in which he lives. Although he won't because those positions are designed to help literally our most impoverished citizens.

It's the pendulum effect. Since settlement the pendulum was at one end of the spectrum., Aboriginal people were denied rights the rest of the country enjoyed, had curfews placed on them and their movements monitored. Among other, more distasteful things.

Now the pendulum has swung to the other spectrum, things like 50d. People, like yourself ask why they get this "speshul treatment."

For the same reason you don't get a blue shell when you are already in first place in Mario Kart (ask your kids)

The pendulum will continue to swing back and forwards until it reaches a middle ground. One that is acceptable to all sides.

But that day will not happen until Aboriginal people can get rid of the quagmire they are in and we truely acknowledge what our ancestors did in the past.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print