Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Denmark set to ban the Burqa (Read 4499 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Denmark set to ban the Burqa
Reply #30 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:47pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 3:12pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:33pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 9:01pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
So. is Denmark going to ban the Bikini as well?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And why would they do that?

Because some people find it alarming to see a woman's navel displayed in public, Caveman.   Surely if we are going to see the freedom to dress how Muslim women like curtailed, we can see the same attitude displayed towards beach going women?   Tsk, tsk,  surely not suggesting that the Danes are Islamophobic?   Roll Eyes

Why?  They're only being asked to conform to the nation they've sought out as their best possible future.... they can dress any way they like - as long as it doesn't cover their faces .....
not that there's anything wrong with that - most of them aren't worth looking at anyway.. but there was one lass..... ah.... all those moments.... like teardrops in the rain ......

Why would that nation's women have to change their ways to suit a minority of supplicants seeking refuge?  Surely it's the other way around.

Why should anybody have to conform to any standard set by others, Graps?   Surely you don't want to conform to "normal behavior" as defined by Herbie or Soren or Yadda or even me?   I don't particularly care what people post, as long as it isn't directly insulting to me or others.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yes, Brian, but most of what is posted here aims to insult you or others.

It is a jolly world, no?

Nope.  It isn't.  If people deliberately set out to insult people it is anarchy.   Roll Eyes

No no, It's Freeeeedom.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:37pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:43pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:01pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:45pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:06pm:

Because some people find it alarming to see a woman's navel displayed in public, Caveman.   Surely if we are going to see the freedom to dress how Muslim women like curtailed, we can see the same attitude displayed towards beach going women?   Tsk, tsk,  surely not suggesting that the Danes are Islamophobic?   Roll Eyes

Why?  They're only being asked to conform to the nation they've sought out as their best possible future.... they can dress any way they like - as long as it doesn't cover their faces .....
not that there's anything wrong with that - most of them aren't worth looking at anyway.. but there was one lass..... ah.... all those moments.... like teardrops in the rain ......

Why would that nation's women have to change their ways to suit a minority of supplicants seeking refuge?  Surely it's the other way around.

Why should anybody have to conform to any standard set by others, Graps?   Surely you don't want to conform to "normal behavior" as defined by Herbie or Soren or Yadda or even me?   I don't particularly care what people post, as long as it isn't directly insulting to me or others.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you think it is normal to not rape women? Do you think we should impose this cultural standard on Muslims?

We already do, FD.  Tell me the next time rape is accepted by any cultural group in Australia...   It is illegal and it is wrong - something the majority of Australians accept, no matter what their beliefs might be.    Roll Eyes

Duh. I know we already do. Over the last few centuries we have killed a lot of Muslims in an effort to stamp out the practice. We are still not there yet.

I was asking you whether we should Brian. Do you think we should impose this cultural standard on Muslims?

How about you, FD? Should Australia ban the burqa?

You haven't said.

I have. Gandalf likes to trot it out as the exception that proves the rule.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #32 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:44pm

If we ever ban the burka we should at least get a dispensation for Pauline, it was by far the best she ever looked.

Even a nice little hijab would look nice in parliament

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:16pm

freediver wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:37pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:43pm:

Do you think it is normal to not rape women? Do you think we should impose this cultural standard on Muslims?

We already do, FD.  Tell me the next time rape is accepted by any cultural group in Australia...   It is illegal and it is wrong - something the majority of Australians accept, no matter what their beliefs might be.    Roll Eyes

Duh. I know we already do. Over the last few centuries we have killed a lot of Muslims in an effort to stamp out the practice. We are still not there yet.

I was asking you whether we should Brian. Do you think we should impose this cultural standard on Muslims?

How about you, FD? Should Australia ban the burqa?

You haven't said.

I have. Gandalf likes to trot it out as the exception that proves the rule.

Oh, I see.

And what is that exception, FD?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:50pm:
cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:10am:
cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:00am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:04pm:
Because some people find it alarming to see a woman's navel displayed in public, Caveman

we should also ban breastfeeding while we're at it.

Particularly in Parliament!   Roll Eyes

on public transport   in coffee shops....

its a bit like changing nappies... it has to be done... but not in my face thank you..

It's nothing like changing nappies.

but its the next step... people whinged until women had public change rooms where they could feed their bubs in private....so everywhere we go we have these very nice rooms laid out for them   so what do they do they demand to be allowed to do it anywhere and everywhere...OH THE CRY GOES UP>>> ITS NATURAL>...babies need to be fed... and yes guess what they need to be changed as well...shock horror.

yep all over the place at any time... why shouldnt a mum put the rotting nappy in the gutter if thats all there is?????...... Angry Angry Angry

why not under the seat on a bus... yep it wont be long.... just watch.   its all NATURAL AFTER ALL>

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Me, I always had a plastic bag for dirty nappies which I then deposited in the nearest rubbish bin.   So, were you confined to the house, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Cods?  Is that why you're so angry all the time?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

.. somehow I cannot see you changing a dirty nappy...in public...tsk tsk... where would you wash your hands... omg.. dont go there... Embarrassed

I am not angry pet  just cant come to grips with your rudeness...it really is beyond any adult I have come across...but I guess its the norm where you comes from..

however  yes I did stay home with my babies...now you come to mention it  the first 5 years of their life was very important to me   and yes looking back I and hubby gave up quite a lot....that btw was the norm for families in my day...us mum had to plan ahead...and everything fitted around babies  feeding schedule in the early weeks...which invariably followed with the dirty nappy... Smiley Smiley Smiley... we didnt put them in bags and throw them away  to share with the rest of the world like you do today.. Smiley Smiley.. we were better at managing the planet..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:45pm

what has that all got to do with burqa??...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:46pm

cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:44pm:
.. somehow I cannot see you changing a dirty nappy...in public...tsk tsk... where would you wash your hands... omg.. dont go there...

when my baby has a dirty nappy that's the last thing I worried about. Leaving them in a dirty nappy leads to nappy rash.

My kids got changed as soon as either I or their mum noticed. No matter where we were.

My kids (or any kids for that matter) health is more important than your sensitivities.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:52pm

oh  I am glad you cleared that up....

glad I wasnt around in coffee shops when you were out with the pram.. Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #38 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:10pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:46pm:
.. somehow I cannot see you changing a dirty nappy...in public...tsk tsk... where would you wash your hands... omg.. dont go there...

when my baby has a dirty nappy that's the last thing I worried about. Leaving them in a dirty nappy leads to nappy rash.

My kids got changed as soon as either I or their mum noticed. No matter where we were.

My kids (or any kids for that matter) health is more important than your sensitivities.

Did you take them out of the sandpit first?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:36pm

freediver wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:10pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin..

only on wet days Grin Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:03pm

freediver wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:10pm:

you only get to ask question after you learn to answer them.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:24pm

Thats right Brian - we only kill muslims because we are trying to stamp out rape.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:15pm

Kill them.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 4:35pm

cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:45pm:
what has that all got to do with burqa??...

You're the one telling the story, Cods.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:11pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:24pm:

Thats right Brian - we only kill muslims because we are trying to stamp out rape.

We kill them for a variety of reasons Gandalf.

How about you - do you think we should impose this cultural standard on Muslims?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print