Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Denmark set to ban the Burqa (Read 4484 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Denmark set to ban the Burqa
Reply #15 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:07am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:33pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 9:01pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
So. is Denmark going to ban the Bikini as well?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And why would they do that?

Because some people find it alarming to see a woman's navel displayed in public, Caveman.   Surely if we are going to see the freedom to dress how Muslim women like curtailed, we can see the same attitude displayed towards beach going women?   Tsk, tsk,  surely not suggesting that the Danes are Islamophobic?   Roll Eyes

Why?  They're only being asked to conform to the nation they've sought out as their best possible future.... they can dress any way they like - as long as it doesn't cover their faces .....
not that there's anything wrong with that - most of them aren't worth looking at anyway.. but there was one lass..... ah.... all those moments.... like teardrops in the rain ......

Why would that nation's women have to change their ways to suit a minority of supplicants seeking refuge?  Surely it's the other way around.

Why should anybody have to conform to any standard set by others, Graps?   Surely you don't want to conform to "normal behavior" as defined by Herbie or Soren or Yadda or even me?   I don't particularly care what people post, as long as it isn't directly insulting to me or others.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You should test out you brilliant theory over in Saudi, not complying to a particilar county's set of norms.

You could explain how you're a muslim apologist and have been yawning at islamophobes on the internet and are there to prove a point.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

You comply with the norms of the society you're in, no matter who you are, or what ooga booga religious bullsh1t you believe.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:19am

Muslims can still wear a burqa. Just not in public. After all, it is western society and they can choose whats acceptable.
Same goes with islamic countries. So there is no problem.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:25am by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:00am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:04pm:
Because some people find it alarming to see a woman's navel displayed in public, Caveman

we should also ban breastfeeding while we're at it.

Particularly in Parliament!   Roll Eyes

on public transport   in coffee shops....

its a bit like changing nappies... it has to be done... but not in my face thank you..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:10am

cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:00am:
Because some people find it alarming to see a woman's navel displayed in public, Caveman

its a bit like changing nappies... it has to be done... but not in my face thank you..

It's nothing like changing nappies.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:06pm

Because some people find it alarming to see a woman's navel displayed in public, Caveman.   Surely if we are going to see the freedom to dress how Muslim women like curtailed, we can see the same attitude displayed towards beach going women?   Tsk, tsk,  surely not suggesting that the Danes are Islamophobic?   Roll Eyes

Why?  They're only being asked to conform to the nation they've sought out as their best possible future.... they can dress any way they like - as long as it doesn't cover their faces .....
not that there's anything wrong with that - most of them aren't worth looking at anyway.. but there was one lass..... ah.... all those moments.... like teardrops in the rain ......

Why would that nation's women have to change their ways to suit a minority of supplicants seeking refuge?  Surely it's the other way around.

Why should anybody have to conform to any standard set by others, Graps?   Surely you don't want to conform to "normal behavior" as defined by Herbie or Soren or Yadda or even me?   I don't particularly care what people post, as long as it isn't directly insulting to me or others.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you think it is normal to not rape women? Do you think we should impose this cultural standard on Muslims?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:11pm

I hope your not refering to breast feeding?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 3:12pm

Yes, Brian, but most of what is posted here aims to insult you or others.

It is a jolly world, no?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:11pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:10am:

but its the next step... people whinged until women had public change rooms where they could feed their bubs in private....so everywhere we go we have these very nice rooms laid out for them   so what do they do they demand to be allowed to do it anywhere and everywhere...OH THE CRY GOES UP>>> ITS NATURAL>...babies need to be fed... and yes guess what they need to be changed as well...shock horror.

yep all over the place at any time... why shouldnt a mum put the rotting nappy in the gutter if thats all there is?????...... Angry Angry Angry

why not under the seat on a bus... yep it wont be long.... just watch.   its all NATURAL AFTER ALL>

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #23 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:43pm

You can always turn your face away, Cods.  No one forces you to watch a woman breastfeeding her baby.  You're like that woman the other day who attacked a man for changing his baby's nappy in the Parenting Room at the local Shopping Mall.   I've done that many times and never had a complaint, indeed I was often complimented on being prepared to do that.   I just took it as normal for being a parent.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:45pm

cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:11pm:

but its the next step... people whinged until women had public change rooms where they could feed their bubs in private....so everywhere we go we have these very nice rooms laid out for them   so what do they do they demand to be allowed to do it anywhere and everywhere...OH THE CRY GOES UP>>> ITS NATURAL>...babies need to be fed... and yes guess what they need to be changed as well...shock horror.

yep all over the place at any time... why shouldnt a mum put the rotting nappy in the gutter if thats all there is?????...... Angry Angry Angry

why not under the seat on a bus... yep it wont be long.... just watch.   its all NATURAL AFTER ALL>

Ah.

The slippery slope.

Mind you don't fall on your arse, codsey baby.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:45pm

freediver wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:06pm:

Do you think it is normal to not rape women? Do you think we should impose this cultural standard on Muslims?

We already do, FD.  Tell me the next time rape is accepted by any cultural group in Australia...   It is illegal and it is wrong - something the majority of Australians accept, no matter what their beliefs might be.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #26 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:47pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 3:12pm:

Yes, Brian, but most of what is posted here aims to insult you or others.

It is a jolly world, no?

Nope.  It isn't.  If people deliberately set out to insult people it is anarchy.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #27 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:50pm

cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:11pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Me, I always had a plastic bag for dirty nappies which I then deposited in the nearest rubbish bin.   So, were you confined to the house, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Cods?  Is that why you're so angry all the time?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:45pm:

We already do, FD.  Tell me the next time rape is accepted by any cultural group in Australia...   It is illegal and it is wrong - something the majority of Australians accept, no matter what their beliefs might be.    Roll Eyes

Duh. I know we already do. Over the last few centuries we have killed a lot of Muslims in an effort to stamp out the practice. We are still not there yet.

I was asking you whether we should Brian. Do you think we should impose this cultural standard on Muslims?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:43pm

freediver wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:01pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:45pm:

Duh. I know we already do. Over the last few centuries we have killed a lot of Muslims in an effort to stamp out the practice. We are still not there yet.

I was asking you whether we should Brian. Do you think we should impose this cultural standard on Muslims?

How about you, FD? Should Australia ban the burqa?

You haven't said.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print