Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Send Topic Print
racial hatred in Australia (Read 15460 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: racial hatred in Australia
Reply #165 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:56pm

Auggie wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:49pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:36pm:
but gay marriage simply is not real marriage.

Why is it not real marriage? Because it doesn't lead to the birth of children?

If you're going to play the 'traditional marriage' card, then let's look at what traditional marriage actually is. First, you only get one shot at it (unless your wife/husband dies); second, you can only have sex to get knocked up; and third, you have to have children.

That was what marriage has been defined as and was practised that way for centuries. If we're willing to allow adulterers to marry, to let second, third, or the tenth marriage be valid - picking and choosing what marriage is, then why can't we pick and choose that two same-sex couples can't get married?

What we have is modern marriage, not traditional marriage. Modern marriage is a legal institution recognising a union between two consenting adults. The principal of 'equality under the law' necessitates that same-sex marriage should be legal.

In fact, marriage is the one example where religion and the state have intersected. I agree that marriage is rooted in religion, but as I said above, there's a very strict criteria.

Second, by not letting same-sex couples marry, and having same-sex civil unions, we're essentially having a situation of 'separate but equal' (which was in place for over 60 years in America, known as the Jim Crow laws). We wouldn't (nor should we) except a separate but equal doctrine for racial segregation (even if the facilities were exactly equal in quality), no less than we should accept a separate but equal doctrine for the commitment between two consenting adults.

Marriage is defined as between a man and a woman... now if you wish to have something else, you need to call it something other than 'marriage'...... 'bonding', 'committed' (the mind boggles at committal).. but let's cut to the chase.. marriage is between a man and a woman and gays are not man and woman.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God and this assembled company, to join in Gayriage this man and this man.... Bruce, do you take Cyril as your lawfully bonded partner?"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:58pm

Grappler doesn't adapt, Caesar. He just garners more and more enemies.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #167 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:00am

mothra wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:56pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:53pm:
mothra wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:34pm:
Factual support? (btw, that's as far as i got into your rant.)

What was this factual support that shows that no "Aussie" male has ever raped a Muslim woman.

That was what you are continuing to argue, after-all.

Factual evidence please.

I thought you were speechless, yet here you are with your usual prejudices.

You provide some support for the contrary view that you espouse... there is none.  I would find it hard to imagine that, given the restrictions that Muslim women operate under, any of them was ever raped HERE by an Aussie.

In contrast, at least one Muslim gang went around targeting Australian non-Muslim women to 'teach them a lesson'..... and there are Muslim gangs terrorising and targeting  suburbs of Sydney and Melbourne.... but there are no non-Muslim gangs terrorising Muslim occupied areas of Sydney and Melbourne... and yet the screech is that 'Muslims are oppressed and under siege' - what a convenient and self-serving way to get things to go your way..... straight out of the feminist playbook.

None so blind as they who will not see.... except those who refuse to even look.   Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

I cannot help you out of your own self-created trap.

You expectg me to trawl through every case of sexual assault to discern the religion of those involved to prove to you that "No Aussie has ever raped a Muslim"?

Like, do you actually hear yourself?

How many people do you need to tell you how ridiculous that is before you see it?

But you claimed factual evidence. Cough up.

Then dispute not that which you do not support when you are not prepared to provide support for an alternative view.

When did I claim 'factual evidence'?  There is NO program of rape of Muslim women and no program of oppression of Muslims here...

HERE!  You find the contrary... google rape of muslim women in australia and all you get is rape of Australian women by Muslims....

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=rape+of+muslim+women+in+australia&ie=utf-8&oe...

That tells it all... now, I'm reading a Jack Reacher novel and have to be up early.  Accept reality and move on.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:02am

Are you not aware of how preposterous the comment "No Aussie man has ever raped a Muslim" is?

Like, you're utterly oblivious?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #169 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:06am

mothra wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:02am:
Are you not aware of how preposterous the comment "No Aussie man has ever raped a Muslim" is?

all you ever talk about is rape man balls- its a sign of your inner mental health- get a man ffs

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #170 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:10pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:56pm:

If you're going to play the 'traditional marriage' card, then let's look at what traditional marriage actually is. First, you only get one shot at it (unless your wife/husband dies); second, you can only have sex to get knocked up; and third, you have to have children.

That was what marriage has been defined as and was practised that way for centuries. If we're willing to allow adulterers to marry, to let second, third, or the tenth marriage be valid - picking and choosing what marriage is, then why can't we pick and choose that two same-sex couples can't get married?

What we have is modern marriage, not traditional marriage. Modern marriage is a legal institution recognising a union between two consenting adults. The principal of 'equality under the law' necessitates that same-sex marriage should be legal.

In fact, marriage is the one example where religion and the state have intersected. I agree that marriage is rooted in religion, but as I said above, there's a very strict criteria.

Second, by not letting same-sex couples marry, and having same-sex civil unions, we're essentially having a situation of 'separate but equal' (which was in place for over 60 years in America, known as the Jim Crow laws). We wouldn't (nor should we) except a separate but equal doctrine for racial segregation (even if the facilities were exactly equal in quality), no less than we should accept a separate but equal doctrine for the commitment between two consenting adults.

Marriage is defined as between a man and a woman... now if you wish to have something else, you need to call it something other than 'marriage'...... 'bonding', 'committed' (the mind boggles at committal).. but let's cut to the chase.. marriage is between a man and a woman and gays are not man and woman.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God and this assembled company, to join in Gayriage this man and this man.... Bruce, do you take Cyril as your lawfully bonded partner?"

Why?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:17pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:56pm:

Marriage is defined as between a man and a woman... now if you wish to have something else, you need to call it something other than 'marriage'......

Why is that?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #172 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:24pm

Because for thousands of years and billions of people it has ever been thus...  anything else is an aberration or anomaly certainly a very very small minority.

men and women...  multiply... and I don't mean maths.
men and women have children and create families from their progeny.
men and women keep the species alive.

Need I go on?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:25pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:24pm:
Because for thousands of years and billions of people it has ever been thus... 

Incorrect.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #174 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:26pm

Ah no it is not gweggy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:37pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
Ah no it is not gweggy

Oh, it most certainly is.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:44pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:06am:
mothra wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:02am:

all you ever talk about is rape man balls- its a sign of your inner mental health- get a man ffs

speaking of mental health ....................... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #177 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:44pm

Got nothing eh gweggy... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Because for thousands of years and billions of people it has ever been thus...  anything else is an aberration or anomaly certainly a very very small minority.

Need I go on?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 2:10pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:44pm:
Got nothing eh gweggy...

Need I go on?

That's correct - you have nothing.

It has not been that way for thousands of years.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #179 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 2:33pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Grendel wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:44pm:
Got nothing eh gweggy...

Need I go on?

That's correct - you have nothing.

It has not been that way for thousands of years.

so how many years then pet.... you never said...

dont tell the aboriginals   your findings will you?..shhhhh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Send Topic Print