Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Not Talking to Non-White People about Race (Read 27166 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Not Talking to Non-White People about Race
Oct 6th, 2017 at 9:11am

On 22 February 2014, I published a post on my blog. I titled it “Why I’m No Longer Talking to Non-White People about Race”. It read: “I’m no longer engaging with non-white people on the topic of race. Not all non-white people, just the vast majority who refuse to accept the existence of structural racism and its symptoms. I can no longer engage with the gulf of an emotional disconnect that non-white people display when a white person articulates their experience. You can see their eyes shut down and harden. It’s like treacle is poured into their ears, blocking up their ear canals. It’s like they can no longer hear us.
“This emotional disconnect is the conclusion of living a life oblivious to the fact that their skin colour is the norm and all others deviate from it.
“At best, non-white people have been taught not to mention that white people are “different” in case it offends us. They truly believe that the experiences of their life as a result of their skin colour can and should be universal. I just can’t engage with the bewilderment and the defensiveness as they try to grapple with the fact that not everyone experiences the world in the way non-white people do.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/30/why-im-no-longer-talking-to-white-...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Not Talking to Non-White People about Race
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 9:12am

See also Thomas Sowell's various clips and articles and books.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 9:36pm

NO BWIAN
We've been over this with you hundreds of times tsk, tsk, tsk...  oh dearie dearie me and you still post the same nonsense, when will you ever learn to admit when you are wrong?

You seem to forget Bwian that this thing you like to call a "artificial construct" is in fact real.  That must hurt when people poke such big holes in your ideological nonsense. Cheesy

Most things you believe bwian are superficial and just plain wrong. Cheesy

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:05pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 7:48pm:
"Race" is an artificial construct, created by White people to justify their imperialism.  Genetically we are all, essentially, identical.  It is what allows us to interbreed, Soren.  "Race" as you and other racists use the concept is non-scientific and silly but then, that describes you exactly, now doesn't it?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Thanks, Bwian, no white privilege, then.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:34pm

"Race" is an artificial construct, created by White people to justify their imperialism.  Genetically we are all, essentially, identical.  It is what allows us to interbreed, Soren.  "Race" as you and other racists use the concept is non-scientific and silly but then, that describes you exactly, now doesn't it?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Thanks Brian, if we are all racially identical why do you use the term "white" ?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 2:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
rhino wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:34pm:
Thanks Brian, if we are all racially identical why do you use the term "white" ?

We are Genetically identical, we all share the same Genetic pool.  "White" merely identifies a group with paler skin compared to all other Humans, Rhino.   There is only one race, the human one.   Roll Eyes

No 'white privilege' then.

Fabbo. Now go and explain it to all the, er...  what do you call all those people who think that there is 'white privilege'?  Oh, yes - all those race-baiting, ignorant-of-science, silly, divisive 'blacks'.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 3:00pm

If there's no such thing as race and human difference Brian then why are you always banging on about abos? Huh

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 3:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:15pm:
Frank wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:05pm:

No, no "White privilege" that is not a social construct, Soren.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What? "No, no "White privilege" that is not a social construct, Soren."   What the blazes does that MEAN?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 3:18pm

"Race" is an artificial construct, created by White people to justify their imperialism. 

Who are those 'white' people, Bwian?  Whose artificial construct are they? How do you recognise them? (not by sight, ie colour, obviously, that would be racist).

But then how? What 'races' have they created and how do you recognise those??

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 3:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
rhino wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:34pm:

We are Genetically identical, we all share the same Genetic pool.  "White" merely identifies a group with paler skin compared to all other Humans, Rhino.   There is only one race, the human one.   Roll Eyes

Now you are just being disigenuous bwian... Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:01pm

Don't bother reading it again....  it will never make sense in the real world.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:27am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 9:33pm:
Frank wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 3:06pm:

No, no "White privilege" that is not a social construct, Soren.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What? "No, no "White privilege" that is not a social construct, Soren."   What the blazes does that MEAN?

Read it again, Soren.  You can move your lips if you find it necessary.  You'll eventually understand what I said...   Roll Eyes

Well, you don't understand yourself, Bwian.

You have created an irrelevance to argue that there in no such race.
But you also argue that, even if there is no race, there is racism. But you are not able to say what it is based on because you have defined it away in your uniquely idiotic, non-comprehending way.

So, Bwian, what is the basis of white privilege if there is no such thing as white or black race? You do you tell white from black, Bwian?

Or - why do the Chinese and Japanese see each other as different? Koreans? Poles and Russians? Germans? Ethiopians and Sudanese?

They are all racists, noticing what Bwian says isn't there at all.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:06pm

I was talking to a dark skinned fellow about the fifth at Randwick the other day he didn't seem to mind.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:30pm:
Frank wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:27am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 9:33pm:
Frank wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 3:06pm:

Read it again, Soren.  You can move your lips if you find it necessary.  You'll eventually understand what I said...   Roll Eyes

Well, you don't understand yourself, Bwian.

You have created an irrelevance to argue that there in no such race.
But you also argue that, even if there is no race, there is racism. But you are not able to say what it is based on because you have defined it away in your uniquely idiotic, non-comprehending way.

So, Bwian, what is the basis of white privilege if there is no such thing as white or black race? You do you tell white from black, Bwian?

Or - why do the Chinese and Japanese see each other as different? Koreans? Poles and Russians? Germans? Ethiopians and Sudanese?

They are all racists, noticing what Bwian says isn't there at all.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Do we have to travel down this silly path yet again, Soren?  Have you already forgotten the drubbing I gave you last time about the concept of "race".   Racism is an aspect of the misbegotten idea that there are different "races".  In reality there is only one "race", the human one.  We all share the same Genetic material.   It allows us to interbreed.  There are more differences within each "racial" group than there is between them.   The only major differences between the different "races" are superficial, physical adaptations to evolutionary needs caused by differing environments.   Tsk, tsk, you should stop having a closed mind, Soren.  You claim to understand science but it is obvious that you are still mired in prejudice and bigotry.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So affirmative action is about some trivial, superficial thing?
Same with 'white privilege. We can interfered so there is no need for racial discrimination acts and the whole apparatus of 'black liberation, etc. All trivial nonsense.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:05am

There are no races, only racism.
Genius.

You can pin anything on people while acknowledging the utter baselessness of your accusations.  Lenin is proud of you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print