Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
China turns on North Korea (Read 1397 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
China turns on North Korea
Oct 4th, 2017 at 8:13pm

China Gets a Little Tougher With North Korea

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/09/china-north-korea/541371/

China has ordered the closure of North Korean companies operating inside the country within 120 days of the September 12 UN sanctions imposed on Kim Jong Un’s regime, the Commerce Ministry announced Thursday. The ministry also said Chinese joint ventures with North Koreans or North Korean companies would be closed, but didn’t provide a timeframe.

The measures, which come weeks after China’s central bank reportedly told Chinese financial institutions to strictly implement the UN sanctions against North Korea, are the most significant announced by China against North Korea since Kim’s missile and nuclear tests prompted the imposition of the harshest-ever UN sanctions against the regime, which has already been subject to eight round of UN sanctions and additional sanctions imposed by the U.S. and others in the international community. China voted in favor of the latest sanctions, which unanimously passed in the Security Council. But China finds itself in a precarious position over the North: On the one hand, it is growing increasingly annoyed at Pyongyang’s actions, which have raised global tensions and also put pressure on China itself to take action, including through the threat of  U.S. sanctions on Chinese banks. On the other, it is North Korea’s largest trading partner and main political benefactor, and fears that applying too much pressure on the North—the so-called “strategic strangling” approach—could result in the collapse of Kim’s regime, leaving China encircled by U.S. allies.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: China turns on North Korea
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 8:39pm

Good.

It might even be helpful if China annexes North Korea and makes Kim Jong-un a houseboy for the president, Xi Jinping.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:36pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 8:39pm:
Good.

It might even be helpful if China annexes North Korea and makes Kim Jong-un a houseboy for the president, Xi Jinping.

I agree with the first part, but I think the entire Kim dynasty and all of those responsible for decades of suffering deserve the following:

- to be tortured every minute every day within an inch of his life; resuscitated and then tortured again. Death is too good for these assholes.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:38pm

China needs to invade North Korea and claim some extra territory.

Trump would love that - another problem solved.  Wink

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:39pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:38pm:

Nah, Trump wants to be able to spar off with Fatty.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:41pm

Auggie wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:39pm:

I hope they invade.
Nth Korean refugees would be better than muzzos.

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:44pm

No - Trump likes good deals -

give NK to China - no American lives lost -
nuclear problem solved.

great deal.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:44pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:41pm:

I hope they invade.

Mmm, I've met North Koreans. They're really nice people. They would make good citizens in any country.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:48pm

Auggie wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:44pm:

I hope they invade.

Mmm, I've met North Koreans. They're really nice people. They would make good citizens in any country.

Unlike muzzos, they'd instantly drop the defective software loaded into their heads when they see how amazing Australia is and how badly they've been lied to.

I've never met a person from a communist country in Australia who holds onto any of their old ideas.

The only communists are from Balmain Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 10:02pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:48pm:

I hope they invade.

Unlike muzzos, they'd instantly drop the defective software loaded into their heads when they see how amazing Australia is and how badly they've been lied to.

I've never met a person from a communist country in Australia who holds onto any of their old ideas.

The only communists are from Balmain Smiley

Secular ideology is different from religion. When God and the End Times comes into it, then people are more motivated to do poo.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 10:08pm

The idea that the collapse of NK would be important to China for the reason of US ally encirclement, is reasonable but hardly paramount. At present NK provides nothing to China in the way of stability, in fact the opposite.

You have to ask what possible advantage a broken down, little military state with no infrastructure provides. Their missile program is not going to alter the situation viz a vi China-USA. They are a backwater now, and in a war, they would still be a backwater.

Look at it as a business deal. What can NK offer China.

There's a lot of posturing going on. After the second ICBM went over Japan, China went with the UN, but made some comments that amounted to both sides being at fault. They had to say that so as not to lose face, which is incredibly important in that part of the world. (They cannot just support the USA, especially as the Americans bombed their embassy in Belgrade to save the Balkan Muzlims.)

But then the shut down of NK businesses began, which says a lot more about China than some shaky military strategy that would leave NK as an ineffective military ally against the  dreadful imperialist West that buys all China's products.

The fact is that China is a capitalist country, albeit one that is under a dictatorship of one party, benevolent in most ways and not under any illusions about where their prosperity comes from.

The Chinese leadership may want Taiwan; that would extend their military reach well beyond the current range, but the collapse of NK would make no appreciable difference to the strategic situation.

The NK junta and the Castro Cubans, and the dimwits in Venezuela are not serious players in military or economic terms. They are cold war anachronisms, and I seriously doubt the new China would back any of them.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 10:22pm

Quote:
Gordon:

The only communists are from Balmain

Grin Grin Grin

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #12 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 10:23pm

issuevoter wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 10:08pm:
The idea that the collapse of NK would be important to China for the reason of US ally encirclement, is reasonable but hardly paramount. At present NK provides nothing to China in the way of stability, in fact the opposite.

You have to ask what possible advantage a broken down, little military state with no infrastructure provides. Their missile program is not going to alter the situation viz a vi China-USA. They are a backwater now, and in a war, they would still be a backwater.

Look at it as a business deal. What can NK offer China.

There's a lot of posturing going on. After the second ICBM went over Japan, China went with the UN, but made some comments that amounted to both sides being at fault. They had to say that so as not to lose face, which is incredibly important in that part of the world. (They cannot just support the USA, especially as the Americans bombed their embassy in Belgrade to save the Balkan Muzlims.)

But then the shut down of NK businesses began, which says a lot more about China than some shaky military strategy that would leave NK as an ineffective military ally against the  dreadful imperialist West that buys all China's products.

The fact is that China is a capitalist country, albeit one that is under a dictatorship of one party, benevolent in most ways and not under any illusions about where their prosperity comes from.

The Chinese leadership may want Taiwan; that would extend their military reach well beyond the current range, but the collapse of NK would make no appreciable difference to the strategic situation.

The NK junta and the Castro Cubans, and the dimwits in Venezuela are not serious players in military or economic terms. They are cold war anachronisms, and I seriously doubt the new China would back any of them.

Yes, you're right.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 8:25am

Auggie wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
Good.

I agree with the first part, but I think the entire Kim dynasty and all of those responsible for decades of suffering deserve the following:

- to be tortured every minute every day within an inch of his life; resuscitated and then tortured again. Death is too good for these assholes. 

Grin Grin Grin

Tie the Fat Boy with the haircut to one of his own rockets and send him on a trip over Japan and into the sea.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:06am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 8:25am:
Auggie wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
Good.

Grin Grin Grin

Tie the Fat Boy with the haircut to one of his own rockets and send him on a trip over Japan and into the sea.

.. they did not call that being 'fired' - it was called retirement.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:10am

Well - looking ahead to my WW IV series, China is an Ally of the US, but an ally with a sting in the tail....

Freediver - the US (and the rest of the west) have carried out THE most amazing feat of cultural assimilation in bringing china intro the capitalist sphere ... and making it dependent on trade for its future and the continued enrichment of its New Mandarin Class and New Emperor.... they will not let go of that.........................

China will not become a belligerent nation under those circumstances against the West direct - though it may bully less powerful locals... up to the point where it is told 'no more'....

On the other hand, some see the refusal to limit Chinese expansionism as 'appeasement' which will lead to WW III - and to satisfy those malcontents, the US and China play out a charade of ships and stuff in the South China Sea.  NK has no place in this, and the Chinese will not permit anyone to interrupt their cash-making for the ruling clique.

In my WW IV series, the Chinese end up invading the West Coast of the US to reclaim it from the hostiles... and then set up an entrenched area like the Berlin Wall along the line of the Rockies.... leading us inevitably to WW V....

I could be one WW out on those calculations........... it could be WW III that does that.....
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:18am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #16 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:16am

In the US where they are shop-owners by the hundreds, they come out firing from behind the counter whenever the local Negroes try to hold them up.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:30am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:16am:

In the US where they are shop-owners by the hundreds, they come out firing from behind the counter whenever the local Negroes try to hold them up.

Bloody Negrophobes.........  Roll Eyes

No respect for the culture of gun-robbing...

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 6:18pm

I'd much rather it went to South Korea. I expect the locals feel the same way. Germany managed it pretty well. An expanding China is going to cause all sorts of problems.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print