Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Upskirt Curry gets 10 months jail (Read 15084 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Upskirt Curry gets 10 months jail
Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:27pm

What a filthy grub. I can't believe he only got 10 months, should have been 10 years then deported to Queensland.

A man who secretly filmed co-workers and also filmed up the skirts of customers at a Sydney supermarket has apologised to his victims, saying his is still trying to understand why he did it.

Bibek Guragain, 23, was sentenced to 10 months in jail with a non-parole period of six months for filming over a five-month period this year at the Woolworths supermarket in Surry Hills.

The court heard he had 250 images saved on his phone camera when he was caught, including images captured in the toilet of his colleagues' change room.

"They were completely ignorant," said Magistrate Joanne Keogh, during sentencing.

Guragain pleaded guilty to three charges of filming a person without consent and one of filming private parts to gain sexual gratification.

The magistrate acknowledged that Guragain, who is from Nepal, had suffered considerable shame since he was charged but added that his colleagues and customers had also suffered.

"This does not compare to the shame of the invasion of privacy," Magistrate Keogh said.

As well as working at Woolworths, Guragain was on a student visa and was three years into a four year engineering degree at UTS.

The court heard the visa had been revoked as a result of the charges and he had been held at Villawood immigration detention centre since late June.

During sentencing submissions, Guragain's lawyer submitted two letters of apology, one to Woolworths and one a public apology.

"I understand that filming women without their consent is unethical and unlawful and I am still trying to understand why I did those things," the public letter said.
"I understand my action caused a lot of distress for my work colleagues, my friends and my family."

Guragain is eligible for parole in December as the time spent in Villawood was taken into account.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-04/bibek-guragain-sentence-filming-woolwor...

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Upskirt Curry gets 10 months jail
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:28pm

he will be deported I heard.. to Nepal whence he came...

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:07pm

Gordon just out of interest, are you still claiming you are not a racist?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:10pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Stay on topic hey?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:39pm

10 moths jail time seems plenty to me.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:43pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:27pm:
What a filthy grub. I can't believe he only got 10 months, should have been 10 years then deported to Queensland.

A man who secretly filmed co-workers and also filmed up the skirts of customers at a Sydney supermarket has apologised to his victims, saying his is still trying to understand why he did it.

Bibek Guragain, 23, was sentenced to 10 months in jail with a non-parole period of six months for filming over a five-month period this year at the Woolworths supermarket in Surry Hills.

The court heard he had 250 images saved on his phone camera when he was caught, including images captured in the toilet of his colleagues' change room.

"They were completely ignorant," said Magistrate Joanne Keogh, during sentencing.

Guragain pleaded guilty to three charges of filming a person without consent and one of filming private parts to gain sexual gratification.

The magistrate acknowledged that Guragain, who is from Nepal, had suffered considerable shame since he was charged but added that his colleagues and customers had also suffered.

"This does not compare to the shame of the invasion of privacy," Magistrate Keogh said.

As well as working at Woolworths, Guragain was on a student visa and was three years into a four year engineering degree at UTS.

The court heard the visa had been revoked as a result of the charges and he had been held at Villawood immigration detention centre since late June.

During sentencing submissions, Guragain's lawyer submitted two letters of apology, one to Woolworths and one a public apology.

"I understand that filming women without their consent is unethical and unlawful and I am still trying to understand why I did those things," the public letter said.
"I understand my action caused a lot of distress for my work colleagues, my friends and my family."

Guragain is eligible for parole in December as the time spent in Villawood was taken into account.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-04/bibek-guragain-sentence-filming-woolwor...

Farg off Gordy .... you keep your own shyte.

We have to put up with your exodus of grey haired nomads who like the Dictorians come up here with one change of clothes, long socks, sandals, floppy hat, a tube of zinc cream & a $10 note ........

and still go home with change.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:48pm

You get less time for killing someone in a car.  Go figure.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:56pm

What a pervert - he needs psychological counselling -

before he's sent back to his home country.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:00pm

Fair question, let me give you a brief description of my outlook on life and I'll let you be the judge.

I treat every person I meet as a blank slate with no preconceptions.

Something that's inescapable tho is that people of different backgrounds often exhibit common behavioral traits, why wouldn't they?

Go out drinking with Irish guys, don't be surprised when they've had a few they get dark and surly and start looking for a fight. I've been drinking with plenty of Irish guys and more often than not the night doesn't end well.

I've also been drinking with Krauts more times than I can remember, and when they get drunk they tend to want to do weird things like sticking a 5 meter piece of toilet paper in their bum, lighting it and seeing if they can eat 5 frankfurters before their arse gets burned.

Now not all Irish and German guys are like that, but when stuff like happens you're just not surprised.

Now currys, I have a few very cool curry clients, but something that's also a really common trait with young curry guys, particularly FOTB student types is they're pervy as hell.

If you've been to India you'd know they stare and stare and they act pretty abysmally towards foreign women.

Not all Indians here are like that, but do some astute people watching and pay attention, you'll clearly notice it.

There are reasons why young Indian guys are like that, we can get into the reasons if you like another time.

As I said, I treat every person I meet as a blank slate with no preconceptions but when they exhibit behaviors very common with their culture, I have no problem calling them out on it. Is that racism?

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:04pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:00pm:

Fair question, let me give you a brief description of my outlook on life and I'll let you be the judge.

Something that's inescapable tho is that people of different backgrounds often exhibit common behavioral traits, why wouldn't they?

Go out drinking with Irish guys, don't be surprised when they've had a few they get dark and surly and start looking for a fight. I've been drinking with plenty of Irish guys and more often than not the night doesn't end well.

I've also been drinking with Krauts more times than I can remember, and when they get drunk they tend to want to do weird things like sticking a 5 meter piece of toilet paper in their bum, lighting it and seeing if they can eat 5 frankfurters before their arse gets burned.

Now not all Irish and German guys are like that, but when stuff like happens you're just not surprised.

Now currys, I have a few very cool curry clients, but something that's also a really common trait with young curry guys, particularly FOTB student types is they're pervy as hell.

If you've been to India you'd know they stare and stare and they act pretty abysmally towards foreign women.

Not all Indians here are like that, but do some astute people watching and pay attention, you'll clearly notice it.

There are reasons why young Indian guys are like that, we can get into the reasons if you like another time.

As I said, I treat every person I meet as a blank slate with no preconceptions but when they exhibit behaviors very common with their culture, I have no problem calling them out on it. Is that racism?

Many things make you a racist.

The most obvious example of that in this particular thread is that you are going on about Indian men in a thread about a man from Nepal.

But carry on. I know that's good enough for you and a few others on here.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:56pm:
What a pervert - he needs psychological counselling -

before he's sent back to his home country.

Please don't talk about psychological counselling in this topic.

Pretty please even????

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:12pm

No. It's not!

Gotdon....you were asked a very short general question by Gaddafi.

Why did you feel the need to respond with such an epic?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:17pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:12pm:

No. It's not!

Gotdon....you were asked a very short general question by Gaddafi.

Why did you feel the need to respond with such an epic?

I happened to be downstairs on my PC so felt like a bit of a type. On the phone now so back to the glib 2 liners ; )

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:19pm

mothra wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:04pm:

The most obvious example of that in this particular thread is that you are going on about Indian men in a thread about a man from Nepal.

Yeah well at least I treat every person I meet as a blank slate with no preconceptions. At the end of the day isn't it that what counts?

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:25pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:19pm:
mothra wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:04pm:

Yeah well at least I treat every person I meet as a blank slate with no preconceptions. At the end of the day isn't it that what counts?

No you don't. You start out by referring to them in the pejorative sense. Why is that, Gordy?

You spew racism all day, every day.

You're just a nasty little racist.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print