Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Send Topic Print
Marriages to be annulled (Read 17933 times)
Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Marriages to be annulled
Reply #75 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:07pm

Thank God....
Whatever Equal means eh peccerhead.
Got nothing as usual 'cept trolling eh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:08pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:07pm:
Thank God....
Got nothing as usual 'cept trolling eh.

He/she/it won't help you.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #77 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:10pm

YAWN

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #78 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:25pm

Frank wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
Siblings who want to marry, can't.

First of all, 'siblings' aren't a minority in the same way as homosexual people are. And frankily, I think that's actually wrong; if siblings want to get married, they should be allowed to.

Citizens of other countries can't sit in Parliament.

In this case, this applies to ALL foreign citizens. We haven't said 'oh, only citizens of America can sit in Parliament but not citizens of Japan. It applies to all citizens, so the law is consistent: all or nothing.

The blind can't get a driver's licence.

This is silly example. Blind people driving is about public liability and the risk of causing death. SSM marriage doesn't cause anyone harm.

Is it first class to be normal, heterosexual? Marriage is about the heterosexual nature of our species. That's what it has always been and everyone understood that, until 10 minutes ago.

The reason why marriage is about the 'heterosexual' nature of the species as you claim is because of the expectation that marriage will lead to the birth of children, right? Therefore, you also need to agree that heterosexual marriages that DON'T lead to the birth of children should not be considered marriage.

Homosexuals are not just an alternative to heterosexuals, but as far as the species and societies are concerned, a complete dead end.

As I stated above, and as you have mentioned below, marriage is a legal institution - a contract between two consenting adults. The legal institution doesn't have any other condition, other than the consent of both individuals. It doesn't matter what about the 'alternative' or whether they are a 'dead-end' as you have said.

The churches sanctify marriage but you can marry without ever going to church (so it is not an exclusively religious institution).  It is an exclusively heterosexual institution. That is the universal common thread across cultures and times.

So, if we recognize marriages without going to church, then we should recognize same-sex marriages. If non-religious people can get married, then same-sex couples should be allowed to as well.

Again, marriage was exclusively a heterosexual institution because it was expected that people procreate, which was their 'social duty'. Today, no such expectation exists, and less and less people are procreating, so the prerequisite for marriage is no longer valid.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #79 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:26pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:07pm:
Thank God....
Got nothing as usual 'cept trolling eh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Equal means 'equal under the law', G. Politics 101.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #80 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:08pm

peccerhead can talk for himself I'm sure.

You on the other hand are clueless.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:10pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:08pm:

All I'm hearing today is queefs.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 10:54pm

You don't have to stalk me Gweggy...
I'm not interested in stupidity.

Find someone else to troll. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #83 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:07pm

A person who can't provide his own definition of equality is clueless.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #84 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 5:28am

Auggie wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:07pm:

A person who can't provide his own definition of equality is clueless.

Oh I have provided the definition of EQUALITY...
I'm waiting for a YES Supporter to provide just what it means to them...  so far no takers... and no reason... Cheesy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:30pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
Auggie wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 12:06pm:
Grendel wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 6:37pm:
You kiddies do understand that today you don't have to get married to have sex right?

Back to the monastry with you...  self flagellation for all those impure thoughts eh.

And you understand that traditional marriage is traditional marriage, G. If you're chopping and changing then I can too.

I don't think YOU understand anything about this Auggie.
Clearly everything you write points to that.
My argument hasn't changed 1 little bit...  your inability to grasp that and continuously creating strawmen and lying about me proves that.

You have an argument?

Okay, I missed that.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #86 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:50pm

Wassup gweggy...  can't debate? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Then just don't hang around here and TROLL... 
Site ran much better with your absence.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:53pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:50pm:
Wassup gweggy...  can't debate?
Then just don't hang around here and TROLL... 
Site ran much better with your absence.

Shush, not now Goose.

I'm still looking for your argument.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #88 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:58pm

YAWN

Pity you haven't the ability to do what you require of others eh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I've already posted many reasons to vote NO.

How about you peccerhead...  nothing, nada, zip... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:52am

Auggie wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:25pm:
Siblings who want to marry, can't.

First of all, 'siblings' aren't a minority in the same way as homosexual people are. And frankily, I think that's actually wrong; if siblings want to get married, they should be allowed to.

Citizens of other countries can't sit in Parliament.

In this case, this applies to ALL foreign citizens. We haven't said 'oh, only citizens of America can sit in Parliament but not citizens of Japan. It applies to all citizens, so the law is consistent: all or nothing.

The blind can't get a driver's licence.

This is silly example. Blind people driving is about public liability and the risk of causing death. SSM marriage doesn't cause anyone harm.

Is it first class to be normal, heterosexual? Marriage is about the heterosexual nature of our species. That's what it has always been and everyone understood that, until 10 minutes ago.

The reason why marriage is about the 'heterosexual' nature of the species as you claim is because of the expectation that marriage will lead to the birth of children, right? Therefore, you also need to agree that heterosexual marriages that DON'T lead to the birth of children should not be considered marriage.

Homosexuals are not just an alternative to heterosexuals, but as far as the species and societies are concerned, a complete dead end.

As I stated above, and as you have mentioned below, marriage is a legal institution - a contract between two consenting adults. The legal institution doesn't have any other condition, other than the consent of both individuals. It doesn't matter what about the 'alternative' or whether they are a 'dead-end' as you have said.

The churches sanctify marriage but you can marry without ever going to church (so it is not an exclusively religious institution).  It is an exclusively heterosexual institution. That is the universal common thread across cultures and times.

So, if we recognize marriages without going to church, then we should recognize same-sex marriages. If non-religious people can get married, then same-sex couples should be allowed to as well.

Again, marriage was exclusively a heterosexual institution because it was expected that people procreate, which was their 'social duty'. Today, no such expectation exists, and less and less people are procreating, so the prerequisite for marriage is no longer valid.

You want to be stupid so I  can't  really help you.

Procreation is an essential part of every society and so it is institutionalised in every society. But even without every married couple procreating, we are STILL a species made up of men and women. So every society has an interest in formalizing the relationship between the sexes, so women and girls are protected, men and boys are harnessed and anchored, the two sexes, complementing each other, are brought together to form a bridge between generations, whether they have their own kids or not. No society has any interest in formali sing homosexual relationships because they are defective and irrelevant to society. At best they are tolerated, at worst they are purged.

Homosexual relationships are a dead end in the broad sense as well as the narrow one of procreation. Homosexuals do not bring the sexes together, they do not complement each other, they do not create a microcosm in which the broader society and it's norms, values, interpersonal relations are fully and importantly created and reflected.

If there were no homosexuals, nothing would change. If there were no heterosexuals, everything would change and we would quickly disappear. That difference must not be ignored or downplayed by idiotic non-arguments like yours.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Send Topic Print