Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
one for us GIRLS.. (Read 425 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

one for us GIRLS..
Oct 1st, 2017 at 11:43am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/stellar/apparently-having-a-nice-back...

IDRIS Elba spills on staying ridiculously active, his chemistry with Kate Winslet and how his mother keeps him grounded.

Everyone appears to have their own way of saying your first name — it’s either Eee-dris, Eye-dris, or Eh-dris. Can you clear it up for our readers once and for all?

It’s Eee-dris with a short E, not a long, drawn-out E.

You made your name in the US with The Wire. You did the same in Britain with Luther. So, an Australian TV show could be on the cards next, but our accent is notoriously hard to imitate. Have you ever tried?

Have I tried an Australian accent? Um... no! [Laughs.] I’m terrible with accents, if I’m honest. I’m terrible at doing it off the cuff. I don’t think you’d be very impressed.

Your new film The Mountain Between Us was shot in the remote Canadian wilderness. Approximately how many times did you watch The Revenant to gear up for the cold weather?

I watched it once — not in preparation. But I did think of it once I was up there.

Director Hany Abu-Assad says you and co-star Kate Winslet have incredible chemistry. Why do you think he said that — and, more importantly, do you think it beats hers and Leonardo DiCaprio’s in Titanic?

I think he said that because we really got on. We had to because of the nature of the film, of course. It was hard work. Kate’s really nice and we basically bonded very quickly, even though our characters bonded much slower. And that was helpful because we could really pull this film together and trust each other’s instincts. In answer to your second question, no. That is one of the all-time best chemistries on film, Leo and her in Titanic. So no, I don’t think it beats that.
You’ve won numerous accolades. Earlier this year, you were awarded with another — Rear of the Year. You took the gluteus maximus crown away from your Thor co-star Tom Hiddleston, and beat Prince Harry, Jamie Dornan and Harry Styles to the punch. How do you feel?

Yeah, I’m still weirded out by that, if I’m being honest. I had to look in the mirror to see what they were talking about. Truth is, what an honour, wow! What can I say? Apparently having a nice backside is a big thing.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: one for us GIRLS..
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:08pm

just refreshed my memory on Idris- wow what a gorgeous man- I think I just objectified him -must admit havent seen him in anything YET- in the link above he is with Mathhew  and Mathew McConaugheys very cute as well- love his texan accent- my partner has a southern cal  accent - i love it- 
I must watch an Idris movie soon- he is gorgeous and has a great ass- I also love Will Smith-last movie I saw him in was i- robot

https://www.wired.com/video/2017/08/matthew-mcconaughey-idris-elba-answer-the-we...
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:15pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:16pm

yes hes delightful

can you put up a pic for me agnes   

they refuse to work for me..

I put an order in for a Hugh Jackman clone but I have since cancelled that and asked for an Idris one instead....

is that a bit immature do you think?

did you kn ow hes a pom agnes...not that theres anything wrong with that

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:47pm

Timely cods I am watching the very tasty Hugh Jackman now in the movie Australia- I now get the fever over Hugh- his aussie accent to die for- he would make a great James Bond- Hugh I mean

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:50pm

I think his name was put forward for 007   

thanks for the pic....you have the magic touch.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:51pm

I might get a clone of each..just in case I get mood swings..

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:53pm

cods wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:51pm:
I might get a clone of each..just in case I get mood swings..

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print