Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Star Trek is full of Leftist propaganda (Read 471 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

New Star Trek is full of Leftist propaganda
Sep 30th, 2017 at 3:05pm

If you've watched the new Star Trek series, Star Trek: Discovery, you'll notice within the first 20 minutes or so of the first episode that Hollywood's leftist tendencies have been revealed.

I won't go into details but basically, this is what I've noticed:

1) the main character (Commander Burnham)'s name is Michael but she is a black woman. It hasn't been fully revealed yet but she might be transgendered; but if no, then the show is promoting that names are 'genderless.' Genderlessness and Gender morphism is a prominent component of leftist ideology.

2) the Klingons, the warrior race, who are the enemies, all have black skin colour. As the Klingons are congregating, asking for one of their warriors to take up the 'torch' and fight the enemy, an outcast of the race puts his hand up. His skin colour is 'white'. He is considered by the leader to be an 'outcast' or an 'anomaly of nature'. This scene reflects the left's ideology toward race: i.e. that the 'white race' is the minority or the pariah, whereas the 'black race' is the normal and prized skin colour. The white Klingon is marginalized whilst the blacks are the majority.

3) the whole interaction between characters in the military is very 'relaxed' and not 'disciplined'. The left is attempting to do away with these values and instead instill a set of principals that emphasize insubordination, rebelliousness, promoting the underdog.
-----
It is no surprise that Star Trek has always portrayed progressive values, and I don't have an issue with this in the case of the older TV shows. For e.g. Star Trek Voyager had an episode where a black woman kissed an Asian, which was the first time in TV history in which this happened. There is nothing wrong with this, and attempting to promote these values is good.

But this series is, in my view, taking it too far. If you know what to look for, it's blatantly obvious that the show is ramming progressive and leftist values down the viewer's throat with regard to gender, race, and relationship between subordinate and superior officer.

I didn't even get through the whole episode because I was disgusted. The visual effects are great, but I can't swallow the ideological agenda behind the TV series.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: New Star Trek is full of Leftist propaganda
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 3:13pm

Star Trek has always been about social commentary  but yes, it's gone to an extent that will kill it's viewership.

The communistic, virtu-signalling, politically correct my way or gtfo ways that infiltrates TV shows and movies has put me off watching much at all these day. A

TV use to be fun and funny but now they're pandering so hard not to offend those who scream the loudest that they've taken sides.

IBI

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 3:16pm

The only decent Star Trek series is Deep Space Nine.  At least it went on to show a semi more realistic universe, where good and bad is actually all shades of grey.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 3:52pm

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS

Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 3:53pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 3:13pm:
Star Trek has always been about social commentary  but yes, it's gone to an extent that will kill it's viewership.

The communistic, virtu-signalling, politically correct my way or gtfo ways that infiltrates TV shows and movies has put me off watching much at all these day. A

TV use to be fun and funny but now they're pandering so hard not to offend those who scream the loudest that they've taken sides.

Agreed. I don't mind that it promotes diversity but it's almost as if they're trying to social engineer.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:10pm

The Media is now blatantly 'grooming' the American Public at any opportunity.
After removing all female lead role models in merchandising from posters to t-shirts in ART aspects, but promoting them in POLITICAL aspects in the lead-up to the Media trying to get Hillary Clinton in.
They are now going for the 'Brainwash'.

It's pretty obvious that the USA Media wants only 'its' Political people in power ...not the Internets or anyone else and they will do anything to push it so.

The cat is out of the bag and things will become as blatant as a North Korean Propaganda movie.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 10:39pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:10pm:
After removing all female lead role models in merchandising from posters to t-shirts in ART aspects, but promoting them in POLITICAL aspects in the lead-up to the Media trying to get Hillary Clinton in.

It's pretty obvious that the USA Media wants only 'its' Political people in power ...not the Internets or anyone else and they will do anything to push it so.

The cat is out of the bag and things will become as blatant as a North Korean Propaganda movie.

I don't think it's that sinister. I think Gordie's right. The media are afraid of being called 'racist', 'sexist', homophobe, etc. They're trying to 'protect' their reputation.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:15am

Auggie wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 10:39pm:
Jasin wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:10pm:

I don't think it's that sinister. I think Gordie's right. The media are afraid of being called 'racist', 'sexist', homophobe, etc. They're trying to 'protect' their reputation.

By attacking all their fellow Americans who aren't a part of the Media culture?
If you aren't Media: black skivvy, scientific, music, tattoos, celebrity, Atheist, etc - you're a racist, homophobe, hater, and more.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 11:26pm

In the US it is only available from a payed subscription to CBS Access. They broadcast the first episode for free as a way to generate interest while advertising the Paid service to see episode two.

I watched the first one and can't say I would make time in my schedule to watch it again. The best part is the CGI, the fan based Star Treks available for free on Youtube are much more entertaining.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print