Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Send Topic Print
Gay Marriage Social Impacts. (Read 24273 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Gay Marriage Social Impacts.
Reply #15 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 6:54pm

Johnnie wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 6:19pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Johnnie wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 5:46pm:
____ does not know the outcome of this huge social experiment long term, nor does anyone else, lets just gamble away the future of humanity on a whim, and with a latte, and a late night bummy.

The impact of introducing no-fault divorce had a huge long-term impact, Matty. What sort of impact do you think hommers tying the knot will have?

Feel free to reference statistics from New Zealand, the US, Europe, the UK, etc.

Its only been a few years, when children grow up in this new introduced change in society, focusing on sexuality, the most fundamental social construct, the outcome is un predictable, do you gamble Kamel?

I'm hardy a gambling man, Matty, but I don't think anyone will care.

You want them to care though, don't you?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:03pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 6:43pm:
Johnnie wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 6:19pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
____ does not know the outcome of this huge social experiment long term, nor does anyone else, lets just gamble away the future of humanity on a whim, and with a latte, and a late night bummy.

The impact of introducing no-fault divorce had a huge long-term impact, Matty. What sort of impact do you think hommers tying the knot will have?

Feel free to reference statistics from New Zealand, the US, Europe, the UK, etc.

Its only been a few years, when children grow up in this new introduced change in society, focusing on sexuality, the most fundamental social construct, the outcome is un predictable, do you gamble Kamel?

Unsubstantiated FEAR.
By your logic ALL social change would be resisted, unless the effects could be minutely pre-determined (which is not possible of course). Best to intuit in these situations. Is it a decision consistent with reason and common-sense?? If it is, by all means make ongoing evaluations, but take the decision. Never give in to groundless fear.

How about waiting 20yrs to see how all this pans out.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread (old phantom saying)
Besides, why the rush,, the latte going of the boil.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #17 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:21pm

It is getting dreary. I suspect you are only interested in maintaining a political or religious stance.
20 years. Arbitrary figure I expect. You say wait 20 years then decide. Yet other people like-minded to you here say: you can't use other countries as an equivalent. So are you saying we can? What evidence supports your 20 year time-frame for evaluation? Will all consequences, good or bad, be known for certainty at that time??

So when I say a decision should be consistent with reason and common-sense, not based on groundless fear, that equates in your mind as "fools rushing in"??

Never had a latte in my life mate.

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:33pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:21pm:
It is getting dreary. I suspect you are only interested in maintaining a political or religious stance.
20 years. Arbitrary figure I expect. You say wait 20 years then decide. Yet other people like-minded to you here say: you can't use other countries as an equivalent. So are you saying we can? What evidence supports your 20 year time-frame for evaluation? Will all consequences, good or bad, be known for certainty at that time??

So when I say a decision should be consistent with reason and common-sense, not based on groundless fear, that equates in your mind as "fools rushing in"??

I am clearly saying this is a new phenomena and is bought on by political correctness, it is not tested by time, once ssm is in the consequences  will become apparent, and their will be consequences, do you know if they will be positive, its going against nature and that is a big big gamble.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #19 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:01pm

Lower rates of child suicide is a positive.
How many extra children have to die, just so you can fiddle for 20 years ?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:09pm

____ wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:01pm:
Lower rates of child suicide is a positive.
How many extra children have to die, just so you can fiddle for 20 years ?

That's just silly, ____ . Why would a kid kill themselves because they can't get married?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:38pm

____ wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:08pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:04pm:
Grendel wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:18pm:
So what are the outcomes of gay marriage?

Quote:
Psycho-Social Reasons

According to studies, what makes people gay may include:5 psycho-social reasons.

A female dominated upbringing in a gay man's past, with an absence of a male role model

Adherence or deviance from conformity to gender roles

Family environment

Individual experiences

An individual's sense of self

While psychological factors increase the likelihood that someone is gay, no single factor is known to cause homosexuality.

So get ready for an increase in gayness people.  Same sex marriages are a "breeding" ground for gayness.

It'll  soon be compulsory. Refusing their advances will be declared phobic and hateful.
We will all have to be accepting.

Heterosexual women's advances on gay man are not compulsory. Refusing isn't heterophobic or hateful.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Here's thick as several planks 'no name moron' with his bit of nonsense.

Anything else, thicko?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #22 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 8:14am

Johnnie wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:33pm:

I am clearly saying this is a new phenomena and is bought on by political correctness, it is not tested by time, once ssm is in the consequences  will become apparent, and their will be consequences, do you know if they will be positive, its going against nature and that is a big big gamble.
Finally! So your argument is that it is "against nature".
What constitutes something being "against nature", and something else not??
No less in this age of cloning, gene splicing/substitution, designer babies etc.

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 9:02am

thecuriousmail wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 8:14am:
Johnnie wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:33pm:

Finally! So your argument is that it is "against nature".
What constitutes something being "against nature", and something else not??
No less in this age of cloning, gene splicing/substitution, designer babies etc.

You cant tell the difference between natural and unnatural any more? Cloning and gene splicing occur in nature? Point to a non-technological, non-lab occurence, will ya? Go on.

Homosexuality is a deviance. You can't  build a society on it.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:19am

Grendel wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:04pm:
So much for a sensible comment eh karnal you twat.

Hey are you saying the medicos have it wrong?

Feel free to enlighten us all...  innit. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Why don't you give us a link to your "study".
I thought it was only the Mechanic that doesn't know how to post links

Talk about hysterical alarmist nonsense.
All it will mean is that same sex couples that are already in a relationship will now be able to marry. That is all.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:21am

The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:19am:
Grendel wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:04pm:
So much for a sensible comment eh karnal you twat.

Hey are you saying the medicos have it wrong?

Feel free to enlighten us all...  innit. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Why don't you give us a link to your "study".
I thought it was only the Mechanic that doesn't know how to post links

Talk about hysterical alarmist nonsense.
All it will mean is that same sex couples that are already in a relationship will now be able to marry. That is all.

seriously???????.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I dont think thats the plan actually!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #26 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:23am

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 5:42pm:
The social impact of gay marriage can't be under-estimated!
I mean, it's just like if we give women the right to vote, then it'll be the right to vote for animals and trees, no doubt the dollar will fall and debt will increase, and I'm convinced it'll make the likelihood of a comet impacting the earth that much greater.
Be scared, be worried, but above all, be dumb.

Australian men got universal male suffrage just before Federation, and in the first vote on the issue in 1900 or so, THOSE MEN VOTED TO GIVE WOMEN UNIVERSAL SUFFRAGE AS WELL.

Get a life and learn to read, and stop reading the fem-freshed version of history - it's as bad as the Black history repeated over and over to make White men all criminals.  You don't seriously imagine that women got all the advances they did without the intervention of well-meaning, but sometimes misguided, men, do you?  Men voted on ALL those changes, often while in the majority.

Gays already possess the same rights as everyone else, and all they are seeking to do here is change the meaning of marriage to include gayriage.  There are no Rights or 'equalities' involved in this discussion.

I'd rather you 'activists' and 'fearless freedom fighters' simply said "Thank You" and went on about your business.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:28am

The next step will be 'the Right to adopt little boys'.
A grooming process of evolving the boys into their way of life and social acceptance.
Much like an Apprenticeship.
Speaking of which, remember in Construction - the Apprentice Initiations were banned because too many young males were being 'buggered' from the Initiations going too far.

So do you think the Gays (Self Indulgent) will stop at Marriage?
Doubt it. They've had a taste of using Political POWER to bully other people's Religions into their submission.

After marriage comes ...children.
  Lips Sealed

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:46am

Jasin wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:28am:
The next step will be 'the Right to adopt little boys'.
A grooming process of evolving the boys into their way of life and social acceptance.
Much like an Apprenticeship.
Speaking of which, remember in Construction - the Apprentice Initiations were banned because too many young males were being 'buggered' from the Initiations going too far.

So do you think the Gays (Self Indulgent) will stop at Marriage?
Doubt it. They've had a taste of using Political POWER to bully other people's Religions into their submission.

A logical fallacy is a flawed argument. There are many different types of logical fallacy. Slippery slope is one example of a fallacy. It is an argument that suggests taking a minor action will lead to major and sometimes ludicrous consequences.

Jasin wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:28am:
After marriage comes ...children.  Lips Sealed

So are you saying that infertile couples shouldn't be allowed to marry?
Voluntarily childless couples shouldn't be allowed to marry?
Menopausal couples shouldn't be allowed to marry?
Stop telling consenting adults what they can and can't do

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 12:15pm

NO

Get it. Understand it. Deal with it

Piss off and find your own meaning for your particular love. It's different to our love. You're not the same and we, yes that's right, we, us straighties want to keep it that way.

Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:48pm by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Send Topic Print