Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
She's claiming 'racism' now ... (Read 20236 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: She's claiming 'racism' now ...
Reply #165 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:20am

god fd why dont you and gandalf  have a board just for discussion on the Koran...

this is such a boring topic...you guys take over every thread with the same questions for each other..

go away... you are both boring..

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #166 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:24am

cods wrote on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:20am:
god fd why dont you and gandalf  have a board just for discussion on the Koran...

this is such a boring topic...you guys take over every thread with the same questions for each other..

go away... you are both boring..

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ban them from everywhere but there  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #167 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 11:05am

What would you call such a board cods? Islam?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 6:33pm

freediver wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 2:37pm:
I think she was widely panned because of the stupid things she did and said, and her hysterical over-reaction to criticism - eg fleeing the country and insisting all her critics are racist in order to avoid addressing the real  issues they raised. She is a self-entitled drama queen.

Just so. Perhaps Yassmin’s next article will be along the lines of ‘My gynaecologist found a ball of cat hair in my vagina – and an Australian put it there.’ (Bwian or Mothra or Kameel?)

“My gynaecologist found…”
Tina Faulk  24 October 2017

Michelle Barrow is an American who studied at Yale in the same years as Hillary Rodham and Bill Clinton.  Barrow’s peer group – Rodham, for example, wanted to be scientists, lawyers, public officials, or at least, in the turbulent Vietnam era, change the world for better.

Barrow became a magazine writer and her most recent notable contribution to American journalism was an article titled ‘My gynaecologist found a cat hair ball in my vagina.’

Yes, really. She wrote the article, the finding of the cat hair ball is a slightly more dubious claim, though the respected US magazine, The Atlantic appeared to find it totally credible.

Barrow’s claim to magazine article fame became her ‘let-it-all-hang-out’ writing, strongly tilt to the kind of whining, angry feminism that has become the trademark of some Australian feminists at home or abroad and this is which is where the similarity of Barrow to Yassmin Abdel-Magied, yes, she of the elaborate turbans and adulation from the ABC for statements such as “Islam is the most feminist religion”.

Barrow wrote about feminism and her body. Abdel-Magied, in her article for Teen Vogue writes about – you guessed right- Australian racism, the racism that forced her to leave Australia for foreign shores:

You should understand something about Australia. Although Australia is commonly associated with kangaroos and great beaches, it actually has a deeply racist history … The government was so obsessed with whiteness that up until the 1970s, there was the so-called White Australia Policy, which was a collection of policies banning non-Europeans from migrating to the country. In other words, you had to be white to move to Australia.

No doubts thinking of a time when she may wish to return to the country she has such contempt for, she goes on:

There is no doubt that Australia has come a really long way since then. I am truly grateful for all the opportunities I was provided as an Australian immigrant, and for the love and support of many Australians. But this isn’t about individual Australians. History matters, because it informs the attitudes of the present society. As people of color have systematically been treated as second-class citizens, they are considered “conditionally Australian.” The moment they step out of line, the country explodes with outrage.

Yassmin outraged Australians of every community; including her own, through her arrogant flouting of the norms of civil society, her Anzac Day tweet, the announcement that Islam was the most feminist of religions and so on.  This, from a woman who had done well, gone further because of her background, than most young women of her age and attainments. There are sayings about ingratitude. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. Don’t spit in the soup:

I had to move houses, change my phone number, shut off my social media. When I later announced that I was moving to London, a national TV station ran a poll on whether I should leave or “stay and face her critics’ Thousands of words were written about me in hundreds of articles. Petitions were set up going after my job… I was being made an example of.  All that mattered was that I was a young Muslim woman of colour who had stepped out of line…

This was more than aggrieved anger; this was deeply hurt pride and arrogance on Abdel-Magied’s part. I’ll teach you to decry me, is her vengeance on Australia. Nowhere does she seem to comprehend that she owes something, loyalty, perhaps, to the country that took her in and gave her so much.

Doubtless in the future Yassmin Abdel-Magied will look for new avenues to express her outrage and anger with Australian and Australians.  Like Michelle Barrow, she will probably look for even more ways to convince a magazine readership (one not distinguished by intellectual discernment) that she was the victim of a campaign of vicious Australian racism.

Perhaps Yassmin’s next article will be along the lines of ‘My gynaecologist found a ball of cat hair in my vagina – and an Australian put it there.’

Bwiaaaan!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 7:23pm

Frank wrote on Oct 24th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 2:37pm:
I think she was widely panned because of the stupid things she did and said, and her hysterical over-reaction to criticism - eg fleeing the country and insisting all her critics are racist in order to avoid addressing the real  issues they raised. She is a self-entitled drama queen.

Just so. Perhaps Yassmin’s next article will be along the lines of ‘My gynaecologist found a ball of cat hair in my vagina – and an Australian put it there.’ (Bwian or Mothra or Kameel?)

“My gynaecologist found…”
Tina Faulk  24 October 2017

Michelle Barrow is an American who studied at Yale in the same years as Hillary Rodham and Bill Clinton.  Barrow’s peer group – Rodham, for example, wanted to be scientists, lawyers, public officials, or at least, in the turbulent Vietnam era, change the world for better.

Barrow became a magazine writer and her most recent notable contribution to American journalism was an article titled ‘My gynaecologist found a cat hair ball in my vagina.’

Yes, really. She wrote the article, the finding of the cat hair ball is a slightly more dubious claim, though the respected US magazine, The Atlantic appeared to find it totally credible.

Barrow’s claim to magazine article fame became her ‘let-it-all-hang-out’ writing, strongly tilt to the kind of whining, angry feminism that has become the trademark of some Australian feminists at home or abroad and this is which is where the similarity of Barrow to Yassmin Abdel-Magied, yes, she of the elaborate turbans and adulation from the ABC for statements such as “Islam is the most feminist religion”.

Barrow wrote about feminism and her body. Abdel-Magied, in her article for Teen Vogue writes about – you guessed right- Australian racism, the racism that forced her to leave Australia for foreign shores:

You should understand something about Australia. Although Australia is commonly associated with kangaroos and great beaches, it actually has a deeply racist history … The government was so obsessed with whiteness that up until the 1970s, there was the so-called White Australia Policy, which was a collection of policies banning non-Europeans from migrating to the country. In other words, you had to be white to move to Australia.

No doubts thinking of a time when she may wish to return to the country she has such contempt for, she goes on:

There is no doubt that Australia has come a really long way since then. I am truly grateful for all the opportunities I was provided as an Australian immigrant, and for the love and support of many Australians. But this isn’t about individual Australians. History matters, because it informs the attitudes of the present society. As people of color have systematically been treated as second-class citizens, they are considered “conditionally Australian.” The moment they step out of line, the country explodes with outrage.

Yassmin outraged Australians of every community; including her own, through her arrogant flouting of the norms of civil society, her Anzac Day tweet, the announcement that Islam was the most feminist of religions and so on.  This, from a woman who had done well, gone further because of her background, than most young women of her age and attainments. There are sayings about ingratitude. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. Don’t spit in the soup:

I had to move houses, change my phone number, shut off my social media. When I later announced that I was moving to London, a national TV station ran a poll on whether I should leave or “stay and face her critics’ Thousands of words were written about me in hundreds of articles. Petitions were set up going after my job… I was being made an example of.  All that mattered was that I was a young Muslim woman of colour who had stepped out of line…

This was more than aggrieved anger; this was deeply hurt pride and arrogance on Abdel-Magied’s part. I’ll teach you to decry me, is her vengeance on Australia. Nowhere does she seem to comprehend that she owes something, loyalty, perhaps, to the country that took her in and gave her so much.

Doubtless in the future Yassmin Abdel-Magied will look for new avenues to express her outrage and anger with Australian and Australians.  Like Michelle Barrow, she will probably look for even more ways to convince a magazine readership (one not distinguished by intellectual discernment) that she was the victim of a campaign of vicious Australian racism.

Perhaps Yassmin’s next article will be along the lines of ‘My gynaecologist found a ball of cat hair in my vagina – and an Australian put it there.’

Bwiaaaan!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Quite so.

And remember,  dear boy, next time you feel like disagreeing with someone, call them a dirty Paki.

This will confirm Yassmin's diabolical observations about tintedness, no?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 8:58pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 24th, 2017 at 7:23pm:
Quite so.

And remember,  dear boy, next time you feel like disagreeing with someone, call them a dirty Paki.

Did Bwian put a ball of cat hair up yer Paki bum, Kameel?   You seem to be struggling.

Tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 10:13pm

Frank wrote on Oct 24th, 2017 at 8:58pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 24th, 2017 at 7:23pm:
Quite so.

Did Bwian put a ball of cat hair up yer Paki bum, Kameel?   You seem to be struggling.

Tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You like Danish, ja?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #172 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 3:28pm

She was back at it yesterday in the US....  clueless bint.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 5:34pm

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 5:38pm

She's most likely izrayli, like that woman who's chasing Prince Harry

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #175 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 9:00am

I missed this minor controversy when it happened, and as someone who loathes both Jones and Hanson, I would have been prepared to assume they were just being arseholes, as it is their go to position, but on reading the article linked to by the OP I must join in the chorus of criticism of this Islamist propagandist.

To whine that criticism of her pro Islamist spruiking is based upon the colour of her skin is plainly the self pitying lie that she latches onto to build up her self image as a soldier in the great jihad for the universal caliphate.
The fact that she chooses to promote the lie that Islam is a feminist ideology is so laughably untrue as to beggar belief, and is a sure sign of the most absolutely deluded people who proclaim that choosing a tent as a dress code is a womans personal choice, and their choice ALONE. Shame on these apologists who negate the rape murder and mutilation of all women abused by this totalitarian dogma, who by dressing up as if they were extras from an old episode of I Dream Of Jeannie, claim they have the freedom to dress as they wish, under Sharia. They do not. That is fact.

The real truth is that these self proclaimed moderates of Islam are bald faced liars, and/or delusional. I remember hearing Waleed Aly proclaim Islam is an "ongoing conversation", in a pathetic attempt to escape from elucidating a Q&A audience on his views on homosexuality, as a muslim man. Chric Hitchens rightfully called him out as a moral coward for failing to either express his understanding of Islams position, or his own personal opinion on the subject.

If this is what we must expect from the BEST and most MODERATE Muslims, than we should not act surprised when the run of the mill loons keep demanding more and more allowances be made by us, for their obscene beliefs.

I say stand against Islam in the name of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of thought, and just plain old freedom. If we do not, if we leave it to the marginal loons like Hanson and Jones supporters, we will be lost, because their moral authority is questionably little or no better, than Islam's itself.
So humanists of all stripes need to lead this defense of our freedom from religious oppression, and not allow it to be wrongly defined as Christian vs Muslim, when it needs to be everyone vs oppression.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 11:16am

hello mozzo   wheres you been???....

that is very interesting   it sounds like you are waking up to all the phoney baloney that surround Islam...

it comes down to so called. moderates and extremists..

nothing in between...   we all know and accept their are gay muslims...there has to be...and we all know its a CRIME under ISLAM to be gay..

and I have yet to see or hear of any muslim cleric admitting they have rights of freedom and rights of marriage....do we even know if they even voted in our past postal?... I dont think we do...if 20% didnt vote   ?????  it makes you wonder if they were all Muslim....

rather than get involved lets not say anything at all......

I am waiting to see the hypocrisy in the govt vote.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

lets see who will vote as their constituents would want them to vote. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes... and as how most Australians would want them to vote.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. and as they claim they always vote...

yeah we believe that dont we?

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #177 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 8:45pm

Hi cods, I've been wasting my time elsewhere, but it is somehow nice to pop in here and see so many people still availing themselves of the opportunity to share their views with other aussies. As for my views on Islam, far from waking up to it, I must declare my views remain pretty much unchanged.
My main gripe with opposing Islam is that the fellow travellers who spruik anti-islamic sentiments are often little short of being racist neo nazi loons, who I have so little in common with that I even question my positions against Islam, because if they think it too, I fear it must be stupid.
I have examined my position and can clearly maintain my position on it's own merits and just hope that the loons do not create an atmosphere of contempt where reasonable people fail to acknowledge the dangers Islam poses to our freedoms and way of life, because they refuse to entertain any view that may ever be parroted by the likes of hanson, jones and co.

Freediver has written some very good arguments defending our personal rights, in regard to freedom of speech etc. without resorting in anyway to bigotry or small mindedness.
In that regard this makes this site a valuable place to hear such opinions. FD is greatly underestimated by way to many members here unfortunately, and while arguing with him can be an exercise in talking at cross purposes, to the point where you wonder if he is being deliberately obtuse for a laugh, the bulk of his assertions are well considered and presented.

So, Hi to you to cods, and I hope you and all my old acquaintances here are travelling well.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print