Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Australia and Myanmar (Read 1712 times)
Brian Ross

Representative of me

Australia and Myanmar
Sep 29th, 2017 at 5:13pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia and Myanmar
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 5:42pm

The vast majority of Burmese are peaceful and law abiding.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:19pm

Frank wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 5:42pm:

Yes it's the minority who carry out ethnic cleansing, Soren.   I'm sure you like what is happening, afterall is Muslims who are the victims there, now isn't it?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:19pm:

Yes it's the minority who carry out ethnic cleansing, Soren.   I'm sure you like what is happening, afterall is Muslims who are the victims there, now isn't it?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you want Australia to boycott Burma? Sanctions? What do you suggest/want to see done  against the Burmese?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 5:13pm:

How many Indonesians who've been trained at Duntroon have committed atrocities in West Papua?

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:56pm

This article has been heavily sanitised by the ABC.

I heard an ABC Radio interview an hour ago where United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said...

More than 500,000 Rohingya Muslim have fled to Bangladesh in the past month since insurgents attacked security posts near the border, triggering fierce Myanmar military retaliation that the United Nations has branded ethnic cleansing.

Why did they give this info on the radio version but edit it from the copy?

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/myanmar-violence-could-spread-displace-...

IBI

IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:58pm

I was there within the last few days and witnessed a terrible burial site of slaughtered Buddhists, do you think they self immolated?

Or were they killed by Muslims?

Justsayno Go home and have talk to your fictitious autistic son, looser.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 9:54pm

Frank wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:31pm:

Do you want Australia to boycott Burma? Sanctions? What do you suggest/want to see done  against the Burmese?

I believe we need to register our disapproval of what they are doing to the Rohingya people, Gordon.   Sanctions won't do terribly much because don't have much trade with Myanmar.  We could stop training their soldiers I think, as a start.   What do you think we should do? 

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 9:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 9:54pm:

I believe we need to register our disapproval of what they are doing to the Rohingya people, Gordon.   Sanctions won't do terribly much because don't have much trade with Myanmar.  We could stop training their soldiers I think, as a start.   What do you think we should do? 

Are you a Muslim or a Buddhist?

If neither - on what grounds would you resister your disapproval?

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 10:38pm

Frank wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 9:57pm:

I am discussing the provision of military aid to the Myanmar Government (which is not a religious one BTW) by the Australian Government (which is not a religious one either), Soren.  So, please stop with your non-sequiturs...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 9:18am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 10:38pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

I am discussing the provision of military aid to the Myanmar Government (which is not a religious one BTW) by the Australian Government (which is not a religious one either), Soren.  So, please stop with your non-sequiturs...   Roll Eyes

Do you also advocate the discussion of aid to the Palestinians, Afgans, Indonesians, Philippinos, etc? They are also kicking variou s recalcitrant arses within their jurisdictions.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #11 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 9:53am

Just like we do with indonesia, oh wait we don't, do we?

Why not continue our cowardice and hide in our little corner?

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:11pm

Frank wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 9:18am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 10:38pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Do you also advocate the discussion of aid to the Palestinians, Afgans, Indonesians, Philippinos, etc? They are also kicking variou s recalcitrant arses within their jurisdictions.

Start your own thread, Soren.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:12pm

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 9:53am:

Politics always triumphs over morals and ethics.... Called Realpolitik in the larger spheres.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #14 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:53pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:12pm:

Politics always triumphs over morals and ethics.... Called Realpolitik in the larger spheres.   Roll Eyes

Then we should cowardly allow the rohinga to be slaughtered with the same enthusiasm as we do for the West Papuans.

Because it's just politics.  Angry Angry Angry

People wonder why I refuse to validate these useless scum called politicians.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #15 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 3:19pm

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:53pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:12pm:

Then we should cowardly allow the rohinga to be slaughtered with the same enthusiasm as we do for the West Papuans.

Because it's just politics.  Angry Angry Angry

People wonder why I refuse to validate these useless scum called politicians.

Each to their own, BigOl64.  I observe them and their antics and comment, nothing more.  I believe in a "pox on both their houses".   The ALP is marginally better than the Tories but only marginally.  The Greens are interesting, they appear to have some effort at trying to fix things but are too unwilling to compromise to actually achieve their objective.   PHONy are bunch of lunatics.   The other fringe lunatics/parties are the same.     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print