Reply #15 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 3:19pm

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:53pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:12pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 9:53am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 9:54pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:19pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 5:42pm:
The vast majority of Burmese are peaceful and law abiding.

Yes it's the minority who carry out ethnic cleansing, Soren.   I'm sure you like what is happening, afterall is Muslims who are the victims there, now isn't it?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you want Australia to boycott Burma? Sanctions? What do you suggest/want to see done  against the Burmese?

I believe we need to register our disapproval of what they are doing to the Rohingya people, Gordon.   Sanctions won't do terribly much because don't have much trade with Myanmar.  We could stop training their soldiers I think, as a start.   What do you think we should do? 

Just like we do with indonesia, oh wait we don't, do we?

Why not continue our cowardice and hide in our little corner?

Politics always triumphs over morals and ethics.... Called Realpolitik in the larger spheres.   Roll Eyes

Then we should cowardly allow the rohinga to be slaughtered with the same enthusiasm as we do for the West Papuans.

Because it's just politics.  Angry Angry Angry

People wonder why I refuse to validate these useless scum called politicians.

Each to their own, BigOl64.  I observe them and their antics and comment, nothing more.  I believe in a "pox on both their houses".   The ALP is marginally better than the Tories but only marginally.  The Greens are interesting, they appear to have some effort at trying to fix things but are too unwilling to compromise to actually achieve their objective.   PHONy are bunch of lunatics.   The other fringe lunatics/parties are the same.     Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Answer the question, [you know who].   How many Muslims do you know personally?

I don't know Brian. I only know the religious views of a fraction of the people I know.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print