Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
anyone watching the Bachelorette (Read 1487 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

anyone watching the Bachelorette
Sep 28th, 2017 at 5:53pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/men-who-think-insulting-a-woman-is-c...

Sophie is hilarious...

and the guys are funnier but unintentionally...

WHETHER they’re on national television or heading to a local bar, just about every person on earth has a tried and true dating style.

There are the old-style romance guys who like to pick up tabs and open doors. The casual guys who are scared off by mention of a five-year plan on the first date but open to a weekend away together.

The painfully aloof guys that think waiting three days to text and talking in riddles is not a lifestyle choice as much as an order handed down directly from Mount Sinai and Moses himself. And then, much to the frustration of heterosexual women everywhere, there are the men who subscribe to the Neil Strauss method of dating, certain that with enough negging they will eventually win over (or wear down, depending on who you ask) the hearts and ovaries of their object of affection.

And in case you missed it, The Bachelorette’s Ryan falls into the latter camp.

So sure is the 26-year-old construction foreman that appearing disinterested in literally everything Sophie Monk does or says will ultimately win her affections that he doesn’t even bother letting her speak.

The problem is, though, Ryan keeps going rogue and forgetting the very dating rules he’s supposed to be following.

For those who never bothered to buy Strauss’s dating book (money well saved, quite frankly), the premise of negging is relatively simple: you approach a woman you find attractive and begin an assault of ‘casual’ insults that are unlike anything she’s ever experienced before.

The bizarre approach rocks her confidence, leaves her confused as to what just happened and why this man out of all the other men who have ever approached her isn’t impressed, and according to Strauss, makes her eager to prove the negger wrong and win their approval. By the end of the night, he claims, you’ll be in her bed, no problem.

But there is a problem. A big, giant, Ryan-shaped problem.

Opening a conversation with a complete stranger by asking, “Why hasn’t anything worked out before?” as Ryan did, is textbook negging-in-action.

When Monk admitted that she possibly hadn’t been looking for love in the right places (i.e. Hollywood), Ryan shot back, “You think this is a good place to start?”

Ten seconds in to knowing you and she’s already feeling terrible. Perfect. Just what the neg gods like to see.

Clearly on a roll, Ryan later told Monk, “I’m a bit sceptical about the whole thing... Are you really here for the reasons everyone thinks you are?”

On Wednesday, what we finally thought was a reprieve from his brutal assault came when Ryan spent some one-on-one time with Monk and explained that his brusque demeanour is the byproduct of his mother passing away when he was a teenager.

I think I mentioned about my mother passing away. I think I struggle to, I guess, commit,” he said, adding, “Getting out there and getting involved and opening up to people is the first step forward.”

Okay, good. Great. Finally, things start to make a little more sense.

But then just as the nation took a collective sip of wine and sighed with relief knowing that ‘our Sophie’ will not be derailed in her quest to find The One, Ryan decided to share the desired attributes he looks for in a lady.

“I love somebody that takes good care of herself... physically, takes pride in her appearance... I don’t like a woman who swears, has a potty mouth.”

When Monk shared that in her day-to-day life she enjoys wearing Ugg boots and relaxing at home, Ryan mansplained, “you can still look hot when you’re relaxed.”

Honestly, if at this point, Monk decided to don a bulletproof vest and visor whenever in the presence of Ryan to shield her from the force of his seething disdain, no one would be all that surprised.

I do trust Ryan,  when watching this back   cringed into his fetal position.

the looks on Sophies face as he blundered along were priceless....

what does negging mean? Smiley

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: anyone watching the Bachelorette
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 6:43pm

negging : urban dictionary says ""the offering of low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a woman so she might be more vulnerable to your advances." sounds like  a very low strategy to me-
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2017 at 6:51pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 10:36pm

well thats Ryan for you he hit every one...hahahahaha

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:01am

Never as long as my arse points downwards.... wouldn't waste a single brain cell on such nonsense.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 2:22am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:01am:
Never as long as my arse points downwards.... wouldn't waste a single brain cell on such nonsense.

oh come on Grap lighten up- those who say  they would never lower them selves are always the most intersted in this stuff- I must admit I love it and I dont care what that says about me-

My sister used to say about New ( no)  Idea- I would not lower myself to read such crap -she hwas adamant that she well above that type of thing-but I cant tell you how many times I caught her in the act of reading the very same mags she said she never would-  Grin  Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2017 at 2:41am by Agnes »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 5:46am

its the same with the Bold and the Beautiful agnes 

they know all about the sub plots  even though they never watch it..lolol..

I dont mind what others watch..

you would have to be mind dead to watch motor racing for example....someone mentioned Bathurst...OMG....mindless noise and dirt all in the hope of seeing a spectacular accident....rubs hands.... hours of fast talking all about a car for petes sakes.... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad.. it takes all kinds... Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:57pm

cods wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 5:46am:

you would have to be mind dead to watch motor racing for example....someone mentioned Bathurst...OMG....mindless noise and dirt all in the hope of seeing a spectacular accident....rubs hands.... hours of fast talking all about a car for petes sakes.... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad.. it takes all kinds... Cry Cry Cry

I know cods motor racing is the pits same with soccer can take them hours to score a single goal- omg Shocked Shocked I cant watch it- I can watch cricket sometimes if its an australia vs match this is because once there was nothing on tv except for cricket and I was forced to watch it and next thing I liked it

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 7:20pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:57pm:
cods wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 5:46am:

I know cods motor racing is the pits same with soccer can take them hours to score a single goal- omg Shocked Shocked I cant watch it- I can watch cricket sometimes if its an australia vs match this is because once there was nothing on tv except for cricket and I was forced to watch it and next thing I liked it

are the soccer is all about skills   youi need to go and watch the local littlies play they are superb  grandson will be in the under 9s next year... he thinks he is Ronaldo... and so do I..

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 8:18pm

aaawww sweet cods- he is going to be a star i just know it- soccer is a game of skill and tactics but can be so boring to watch on the telly sometimes- my boy but used to love soccer- i rather he played that than afl- dangerous game  Cool

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 8:20pm

cods wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/men-who-think-insulting-a-woman-is-c...

Sophie is hilarious...

and the guys are funnier but unintentionally...

WHETHER they’re on national television or heading to a local bar, just about every person on earth has a tried and true dating style.

There are the old-style romance guys who like to pick up tabs and open doors. The casual guys who are scared off by mention of a five-year plan on the first date but open to a weekend away together.

The painfully aloof guys that think waiting three days to text and talking in riddles is not a lifestyle choice as much as an order handed down directly from Mount Sinai and Moses himself. And then, much to the frustration of heterosexual women everywhere, there are the men who subscribe to the Neil Strauss method of dating, certain that with enough negging they will eventually win over (or wear down, depending on who you ask) the hearts and ovaries of their object of affection.

And in case you missed it, The Bachelorette’s Ryan falls into the latter camp.

So sure is the 26-year-old construction foreman that appearing disinterested in literally everything Sophie Monk does or says will ultimately win her affections that he doesn’t even bother letting her speak.

The problem is, though, Ryan keeps going rogue and forgetting the very dating rules he’s supposed to be following.

For those who never bothered to buy Strauss’s dating book (money well saved, quite frankly), the premise of negging is relatively simple: you approach a woman you find attractive and begin an assault of ‘casual’ insults that are unlike anything she’s ever experienced before.

The bizarre approach rocks her confidence, leaves her confused as to what just happened and why this man out of all the other men who have ever approached her isn’t impressed, and according to Strauss, makes her eager to prove the negger wrong and win their approval. By the end of the night, he claims, you’ll be in her bed, no problem.

But there is a problem. A big, giant, Ryan-shaped problem.

Opening a conversation with a complete stranger by asking, “Why hasn’t anything worked out before?” as Ryan did, is textbook negging-in-action.

When Monk admitted that she possibly hadn’t been looking for love in the right places (i.e. Hollywood), Ryan shot back, “You think this is a good place to start?”

Ten seconds in to knowing you and she’s already feeling terrible. Perfect. Just what the neg gods like to see.

Clearly on a roll, Ryan later told Monk, “I’m a bit sceptical about the whole thing... Are you really here for the reasons everyone thinks you are?”

On Wednesday, what we finally thought was a reprieve from his brutal assault came when Ryan spent some one-on-one time with Monk and explained that his brusque demeanour is the byproduct of his mother passing away when he was a teenager.

I think I mentioned about my mother passing away. I think I struggle to, I guess, commit,” he said, adding, “Getting out there and getting involved and opening up to people is the first step forward.”

Okay, good. Great. Finally, things start to make a little more sense.

But then just as the nation took a collective sip of wine and sighed with relief knowing that ‘our Sophie’ will not be derailed in her quest to find The One, Ryan decided to share the desired attributes he looks for in a lady.

“I love somebody that takes good care of herself... physically, takes pride in her appearance... I don’t like a woman who swears, has a potty mouth.”

When Monk shared that in her day-to-day life she enjoys wearing Ugg boots and relaxing at home, Ryan mansplained, “you can still look hot when you’re relaxed.”

Honestly, if at this point, Monk decided to don a bulletproof vest and visor whenever in the presence of Ryan to shield her from the force of his seething disdain, no one would be all that surprised.

I do trust Ryan,  when watching this back   cringed into his fetal position.

the looks on Sophies face as he blundered along were priceless....

what does negging mean? Smiley

this sounds like a hoot

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 8:40pm

Sophie Monk swears like a slut, and this will be a put-off for any half decent gentlemen among them.

A potty-mouth ~ all the time.

Not a good look. I would avoid her like the plague.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 9:13pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 8:40pm:
Sophie Monk swears like a slut, and this will be a put-off for any half decent gentlemen among them.

so you watch it too Herb- here is a link for anyone who cannot actually access it-

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-bachelorette

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #12 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 9:23pm

I used to think Sophie Monk was beautiful but its clear she has had surgery and she looks kind of weird now and sounds like a bloke

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 6:53am

really I hadnt heard that one   she seems rather shy to me....or bored not sure which....none of the young men do it for me...dont think they look as if they could hold her interest for a couple of hours letalone life.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 7:57am

Agnes wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 9:13pm:

so you watch it too Herb- here is a link for anyone who cannot actually access it-

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-bachelorette

No, I haven't watched a minute of it, but the magazine section of the online Daily Mail has articles on what's going on in the entertainment world.

She's got a filthy mouth - something very unattractive in a woman.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print