President Elect, The Mechanic

Australian Politics

On Gas..
Sep 28th, 2017 at 12:17pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 12:16pm:
Quote:
Hanson Warns PM ‘Use it, or lose it’ before he loses leadership

PAULINE HANSON'S PLEASE EXPLAIN·WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2017

Queensland Senator Pauline Hanson has accused Malcolm Turnbull of failing to listen to expert advice she gave the Prime Minister and former Minister for Resources, Matt Canavan over Australia’s gas reserves and industry.

Ms Hanson spent months researching the flaws in Australia’s gas shortage and told the Prime Minister the blame lies with multinational gas companies and a high level of ignorance displayed by Federal Governments.

Ms Hanson said “To say Australia needs more onshore gas wells is complete rubbish. The Federal Government has 31 retention licences, with proven or probable gas sitting off Western Australia, with more gas than we’d know what to do with. Not one of those licenses have gone to production phase, with some multinational companies having had these licences for 30 years.”

Western Australian gas miner Woodside is producing gas at $0.80 cents a gigajoule and claim to have more gas than they can sell.

“We know that it’s costing Surat Basin gas companies $7 to $8 a gigajoule to pump gas at the well head, so either the Prime Minister is ignorant to Queensland gas costs, or he’s blatantly trying to shift the blame of gas shortages from the Federal Government to the States.”

“I suggest the Prime Minister immediately implements a ‘use it, or lose it’ policy, a 15% domestic market supply and guaranteed royalties and taxes on the 31 retention licences, held off the coast of Australia and put an end to the domestic gas shortage.”

Queensland One Nation leader Steve Dickson has revealed the party will ban CSG mining on prime agricultural land in Queensland, including an announcement yesterday to stop any further mining on the Channel Country.

Senator Hanson has also suggested that the Government investigate a secondary re-gasing station in Queensland that would assist shipping gas from Western Australia to the East Coast where gas would be injected into the grid.

be careful who you vote for in upcoming elections... I know who I'll be voting for..

Vote One Nation...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: On Gas..
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 3:23pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Vote One Nation...

Your choice to waste your vote, Mechie.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 5:51pm

As long as you don't stand bwian there is no risk of anyone wasting a vote.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:39pm

Quote:
Hanson’s plan for 10pc royalty on offshore gas production

Pauline Hanson’s One Nation has called on the federal government to put a 10 per cent royalty on natural gas from commonwealth waters, in a move designed to boost takings from $170 billion worth of LNG projects built in the past decade.

Senator Hanson plans to make the call with One Nation senator Peter Georgiou in Perth today.

“The only way the government is going to retain my confidence is to put Australia first and that means a uniform royalty ­regime on offshore gas,” she will say.

“We have a mountain of debt our children can never repay. We can no longer afford to be ‘Treasure Island’ for other nations. It’s time to lighten the load on tax­payers and get multinationals to pay for our gas.”

At the end of last year, Scott Morrison commissioned former Treasury official Mike Callaghan to conduct a petroleum resource rent tax review to look at why tax revenues were falling despite the recent construction boom.

But in April the Treasurer reported the review had found the revenue fall did not indicate Australians were not getting equitable returns from the gas.

One Nation sees it differently. “Australia is the only country in the world where we allow companies to take our gas without paying for it,” Senator Georgiou said.

He said Western Australia received $650 million a year from royalties from the North West Shelf project. This would easily double if royalties were applied to new projects such as Chevron’s Gorgon and Wheatstone, Shell’s Prelude, Woodside’s Pluto and Inpex’s Ichthys, he said.

The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science expects $35bn of LNG export revenue in 2018-19 when all of the new projects are operating.

Excluding Queensland’s three coal-seam gas export plants, about 70 per cent the revenue would be from offshore projects.

Taking the value “at the well head” would mean processing costs would need to be subtracted before the royalty was calculated

The royalty would also likely cover the big Bass Strait gas fields owned by BHP and ExxonMobil, which brought in revenue of $US2.2bn in 2016-17.

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:43pm

“I suggest the Prime Minister immediately implements a ‘use it, or lose it’ policy, a 15% domestic market supply and guaranteed royalties and taxes on the 31 retention licences, held off the coast of Australia and put an end to the domestic gas shortage.”

whatdayaknow .... I didn't think she was capable, but she actually makes sense.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:37pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:43pm:

whatdayaknow .... I didn't think she was capable, but she actually makes sense.

She's like a broken two bob watch, mate.  She's right, twice a day.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print