Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
New Zealand 3 gun challenge (Read 8715 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: New Zealand 3 gun challenge
Reply #45 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 3:11pm

Fuzzball wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 2:57pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 11:33pm:
You forget, I spent 10 years toting guns

Have you ever heard the term "Glory Thief" bwian, only you seem to fit that description rather well?

Some countries even prosecute "Glory Thieves" bwinan.......

Submit my name, all you want, Fireball.   Have fun.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #46 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 5:25pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 12:36am:
Agnes wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:22pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:06pm:
Agnes wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 3:48pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 3:37pm:
Agnes wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Black Orchid wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 1:30pm:
No Gweggy the bizarre logic comes from those who happily eat their slab of red, juicy, sliced meat without once thinking that the animal has suffered from distress, trauma, terror and worse for days, or weeks,  before it ends up on your plate.

A clean shot to the head or heart by a hunter, intending to use it for food, is more humane and the hunter more deserving than the yuppies who sit around enjoying their steak and sipping their wine whilst criticising others, without one ounce of regard for the animal they are chowing down on.

A shot to the heart isn't clean- the head yes-intensive farming practices/ slaughter houses/animal transport methods are  places of terror and cruelty for animals! Agree

Quote:
A heart shot is clean if done right it also takes out both lungs which are either side of the heart.

If
done right
and that is a very dubious/uncertain method - a head shot is much more reliable as you can actually see the head- between they eyes if you are that good- is better-

Quote:
I think it's Victoria which now has mobile abattoirs so the animals don't have to be transported.
well thats good but but tell that to the thousands of sheep trucked through here every year at the height of summer bound for Adelaide abbottoirs

Quote:
The Australian government says heart and lung shots are the most humane way of shooting

[color=#ff0000]lol I disagree and as an ex shooter I can say that is BS- pen pushers sitting in a guvvie job  Grin- what the hell would they know?animals move you know they dont sit still so you can get a premium shot what a load of crap- "shot placement "  Grin Grin Grin Grin
[/color]

The lungs are on either side of the heart so a side on shot will take out both lungs that is what i meant by if done right, from front on it's not likely to take both lungs.

When a human has low blood pressure they faint, a heart shot means the animal will have no blood pressure which means they drop and don't get back up.

For some animals the brain is a lot smaller than the heart, with a cross wind the projectile can get carried sideways the further the distance for the shot the further is gets carried.

My father was a professional shooter he mostly went for heart, with side on shots the heart is preferable if the animal is facing you then head shot would be the go.

A link with target areas- https://www.pestsmart.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/180212_SOP_FOX003_web.pd...

As for mobile abattoirs they're fairly new I think they will become more common.

I was a prof shooter Baron and worked with another professional shooter- the heart is too small of a target to be used as a reliable kill method in the dark with a spotlight- the target is way too small  the size if a child fist and not visible to the naked eye- your father most likely executed a lot of gut shots I would say- shooting through the head is the most humane way and its instant- 

Don't forget Agnes, bullets don't just go straight through. When hunting you don't use FMJ military ammo.

I used to load my own so I am well aware of that

The bullets are frangible, meaning they mushroom and break on impact.

But only if they impact bone

The damage inside is not a single hole but more a shotgun effect after penetration. Use the right round. For instance using the right projectile for fox shooting in .17 Hornet or Hornady HMR will not leave an exit wound. The bullet breaks up inside the animal and mashes the heart/lungs. Even if you didn't hit the heart, that is not a gut shot, it's a chest shot, it rips their lungs out Jim(Warren Zevon ref).

Like I said I used to load and measure my own powder/bullets ( .17 - 250 etc)- so none of this is lost on me- wind trajectory/drop etc- it is a science really- I only ever executed head shots- the only humane way for a painless quick kill-

(my only  reference is me- I still have my guns )

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 9:36pm

Agnes wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:44pm:
many shooters here still use spotlights Baron- thermal scopes lol- you are a city slicker aren't you Baron?

My maternal grandmother was born on her parents farm which is now owned by my mother.

My paternal grandfather was a wool classer in the Southern tablelands.

When I was a kid my mother would hold the spotlight for my father while I slept in the back of the car, kids sleep well in cars much better than being left all alone in a dark farmhouse.

I have one foot in the city and the other in the country.

Just about all the shooters I know use thermal scopes, here is a fox being taken in pitch black one night looks like a heart shot with
a thermal scope.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print