Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
New Zealand 3 gun challenge (Read 8708 times)
Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

New Zealand 3 gun challenge
Sep 27th, 2017 at 11:23pm

Sporting use for semi auto rifles,shotguns and pistols with the 3 gun challenge.

The Kiwis allow all the guns we banned in 1996 they had their last mass shooting in 1997.

In a Police state you have Police telling us what the laws should be, I guess being a penal colony Australia has always been a police state.

3 gun challenge training for Hollywood star.

I guess 3 gun challenge busts the myth there are no sporting uses for semi auto firearms

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Re: New Zealand 3 gun challenge
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:12pm

The Kiwis have had less mass shootings than us in the last 20 years, they had their only school shooting back in 1923.

The Kiwis also have a homicide rate 10% lower than Australia.
Quote:

Australia's murder rate falls to record low of one person per 100,000

The latest report of the national homicide monitoring program reveals there were 238 homicide incidents in Australia in 2013-14 compared with 307 deaths in 1989-90.

That finding brings the national rate down to one victim per 100,000 people – the lowest since the program started in 1989.

The office said in 2014 the UK’s rate was 0.92 and New Zealand’s was 0.91.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jun/18/australias-rate-falls-to-...

If semi auto rifles, pistols and shotguns are a problem why has NZ had no mass shootings for over 20 years and no school shootings for 95 years?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:04pm

What does this have to do with "hunting and fishing"?   Absolutely nothing.   How unsurprising that the moderator should ignore the title of his forum to further his own political agenda.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:26pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:04pm:
What does this have to do with "hunting and fishing"?   Absolutely nothing.   How unsurprising that the moderator should ignore the title of his forum to further his own political agenda.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
Sporting use for semi auto rifles,shotguns and pistols with the 3 gun challenge.

All sports including hunting require training and practice. Tut tut.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 10:23pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:26pm:

Quote:

And so, why include this last paragraph in his post, Setanta?

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:12pm:
If semi auto rifles, pistols and shotguns are a problem why has NZ had no mass shootings for over 20 years and no school shootings for 95 years?

Did you miss that?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 10:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 10:23pm:

Quote:

You could try answering the question instead of whinging about it Brian, unlike the George Orwell 1984 type of world you prefer i will allow people to use their brains  think for themselves and ask questions.

The UK allows hunters to have semi auto shotguns and semi auto rimfire rifles with no magazine limits why do they have a 10% lower homicide rate compared to us if semi auto shotguns and semi auto rimfire rifles are a problem?

You really should seek professional help for your hoplophobia
Quote:
Phobia List

A phobia is a unreasonable sort of fear that can cause avoidance and panic. Phobias are a relatively common type of anxiety disorder.

Hoplophobia: Fear of firearms.

http://www.psychnet-uk.com/x_new_site/clinical_psychology/phobia_list/phobialist...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 11:33pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 10:58pm:

Quote:

You could try answering the question instead of whinging about it Brian, unlike the George Orwell 1984 type of world you prefer i will allow people to use their brains  think for themselves and ask questions.

The UK allows hunters to have semi auto shotguns and semi auto rimfire rifles with no magazine limits why do they have a 10% lower homicide rate compared to us if semi auto shotguns and semi auto rimfire rifles are a problem?

You really should seek professional help for your hoplophobia
Quote:
Phobia List

A phobia is a unreasonable sort of fear that can cause avoidance and panic. Phobias are a relatively common type of anxiety disorder.

Hoplophobia: Fear of firearms.

http://www.psychnet-uk.com/x_new_site/clinical_psychology/phobia_list/phobialist...

Oh, dear, I don't fear guns.  I just fear idiots whom have access to guns, like you want, Baron.   You forget, I spent 10 years toting guns which you have wet dreams about.   Tsk, tsk.  Now, what did your comment have to do about "hunting and fishing"?   Absolutely nothing.  You are using this forum for your own political purposes.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 3:48pm

Quote:

It's one part of a post, showing our silly laws, why cry about it? We should be allowed semi-autos for hunting. I used a bolt action .22 to shoot rabbits at dusk when they came out of their burrows slowly and tentatively. Boom headshot! I used a semi-auto when spotlighting them.

I used a BLR .243 for pig and roo, missed taking many pigs with that as the time taken for follow ups up let the others flee into the NT scrub, a mini14 in 7.62x39(mini30) would have been better.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2018 at 3:54pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 3:54pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 3:48pm:

Quote:

It's one part of a post, showing our silly laws, why cry about it? We should be allowed semi-autos for hunting. I used a bolt action .22 to shoot rabbits at dusk when they came out of their burrows slowly and tentatively. Boom headshot! I used a semi-auto when spotlighting them.

I used a BLR .243 for pig and roo, missed taking many pigs with that as the time taken for follow ups up let the others flee into the NT scrub, a mini14 in 7.62x39 would have been better.

It is a poor workman who blames his tools, Setanta.   Baron wants us all to own more and more dangerous firearms.  We keep seeing where going down that path leads us - the USA.  Lovely place, where massacres occur on a monthly basis.  He is using this forum to push his political views.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 3:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 3:54pm:

Quote:

I used a BLR .243 for pig and roo, missed taking many pigs with that as the time taken for follow ups up let the others flee into the NT scrub, a mini14 in 7.62x39 would have been better.

It is a poor workman who blames his tools, Setanta.   Baron wants us all to own more and more dangerous firearms.  We keep seeing where going down that path leads us - the USA.  Lovely place, where massacres occur on a monthly basis.  He is using this forum to push his political views.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Different tools for different jobs, Brian. A hammer does not make a good screwdriver. We have far more stringent laws here, not anyone can walk in and buy a firearm. We do not have a "right" to them. Apples and Oranges. A far more apples to apples comparison is us with NZ.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:06pm

Quote:

Goodness.

A semi-automatic weapon (the product of 650 years of refined engineering), high-tech spotlights, and a sleepy target.

I imagine it would take a fair bit of skill (and a certain amount of courage) to take a bunny's life under those trying circumstances.

« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:24pm by greggerypeccary »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:17pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:06pm:

Quote:

Goodness.

A semi-automatic weapon (the product of 650 years of refined engineering), high-tech spotlights, and a sleepy target.

I imagine it would take a fair bit of skill (and a certain amount of courage) to take a bunny's life under those trying circumstances.

sorry for the edit(modify instead of reply-I'm sure it is left as it was now.)

They weren't sleepy at night Greg. They where sleepy in the early evening when I used a bolt action. And guess what, we ate them and culled a feral animal. Any shot at night with the semi-auto were sorted, chest shot, dog food, head shot, people food.

I bet you don't mind a steak, herded into an abattoir, bolt through head(pretty much a reusable bullet) must be so brave to do that, eh? And how brave of you to eat it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:22pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:17pm:

Quote:

Goodness.

They weren't sleepy at night Greg. They where sleepy in the early evening when I used a bolt action. And guess what, we ate them and culled a feral animal. Any shot at night with the semi-auto were sorted, chest shot, dog food, head shot, people food.

I bet you don't mind a steak, herded into an abattoir, bolt through head(pretty much a reusable bullet) must be so brave to do that, eh? And how brave of you to eat it.

Ah.

They have a fighting chance against the 650 years of refined engineering then.

My bad.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:28pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:22pm:

Quote:

Goodness.

Ah.

My bad.

No argument then?

I have used dogs too at night spotlighting, the rabbits mostly ended up dog food then. 6000 years of breeding now? If I used a bow would it be 8000 years of tech? Rocks, 1,000,000 of tech?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:29pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:28pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:22pm:

Quote:

Goodness.

Ah.

My bad.

No argument then?

I have used dogs too at night spotlighting, the rabbits mostly ended up dog food then. 6000 years of breeding now? If I used a bow would it be 8000 years of tech? Rocks, 1,000,000 of tech?

Sounds challenging, Set.

I don't know how you do it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print