Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 Stars and Fingers in the pie (Read 447 times)
Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
2 Stars and Fingers in the pie
Sep 27th, 2017 at 8:58am

I used to think that letting very retired Senior Officers hold high positions in  organisations that had service people - in the main - as their Customers was a good thing.  Along with many others, we thought that they were there to look after the blokes who looked up to them.     However, these highly superannuated people, most under DFRDB and drawing 75% of their wage as a pension are nothing more than leeches.     Here we see yet another example of largesse and stuff the troops

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/former-rsl-president-ken-doolan-directed-charity-to-cover-up-expenses-scandal-inquiry-told-20170926-gyp8ui.html.

For the past few years,  I have made it my business to look at people standing for election in bodies like RSL, Defence Health etc and making sure my vote goes to anyone other than an ex High ranking Officer.  It’s a shame we can’t boot them out of the top level of DVA as well

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: 2 Stars and Fingers in the pie
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 9:04am

Vic wrote on Sep 27th, 2017 at 8:58am:
I used to think that letting very retired Senior Officers hold high positions in  organisations that had service people - in the main - as their Customers was a good thing.  Along with many others, we thought that they were there to look after the blokes who looked up to them.     However, these highly superannuated people, most under DFRDB and drawing 75% of their wage as a pension are nothing more than leeches.     Here we see yet another example of largesse and stuff the troops

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/former-rsl-president-ken-doolan-directed-charity-to-cover-up-expenses-scandal-inquiry-told-20170926-gyp8ui.html.

For the past few years,  I have made it my business to look at people standing for election in bodies like RSL, Defence Health etc and making sure my vote goes to anyone other than an ex High ranking Officer.  It’s a shame we can’t boot them out of the top level of DVA as well

Jeez I was totally unaware of this situation, since I am a member of the RSL, and defence health as well as a DVA 'client', Ill be taking more notice of who and what is going on there.

Granted some snorkers can and are total dickweeds, but this is beyond the pale.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 9:15am

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 27th, 2017 at 9:04am:
Vic wrote on Sep 27th, 2017 at 8:58am:

Jeez I was totally unaware of this situation, since I am a member of the RSL, and defence health as well as a DVA 'client', Ill be taking more notice of who and what is going on there.

Granted some snorkers can and are total dickweeds, but this is beyond the pale.

This is another bloke from 2014.

“Former Sydney Ferries boss and navy rear admiral jailed for $200,000 fraud
Geoffrey Smith, former deputy chief of the Australian navy, given 18 month sentence for using his Sydney Ferries CEO credit card to fund lavish lifestyle”

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 9:46am

The same as all the ex pollies of all peruasions in well paid lobbyist jobs. (Even though they claim they arent lobbyists)

That should be totally banned!

Angry Angry

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 9:50am

theres crooks in all walks of life vic?......I watched ACA last night with a guy who has been living the fantasy of being member of SAS.. was able to talk the talk and do the walk ...how he was outed I am not sure  but he also had a chest full of medals....by all accounts he was discharged from the army after only a few months...

some people actually dont see they are doing any harm.....

are you back on board here vic??...

its hard to know whos in charge..

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 9:05pm

cods wrote on Sep 27th, 2017 at 9:50am:
theres crooks in all walks of life vic?......I watched ACA last night with a guy who has been living the fantasy of being member of SAS.. was able to talk the talk and do the walk ...how he was outed I am not sure  but he also had a chest full of medals....by all accounts he was discharged from the army after only a few months...

some people actually dont see they are doing any harm.....

are you back on board here vic??...

its hard to know whos in charge..

Hi Cods.  I am only on when I can bludge the internet off places we stay, cafes etc.  still travelling and 14 hours behind Aussie.  Won’t be on much at all soon, as we are travelling across America by train to Seattle then on the ship home.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print